closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Movember 2021 - Win some big prizes from Bremont, Farer, Nivada Grenchen and more.

Journeyman

Movember 2021 - Win some big prizes from Bremont, Farer, Nivada Grenchen and more.

Hi everyone,

Not sure if this is allowed, mods apologies and please delete if not.

I'm once again raising funds and awareness for the Movember foundation, and their mission to stop men dying too young of testicular cancer, prostate cancer, and through taking their own lives.

Since 2011, I've raised more than £31,000 for Movember by growing silly facial hair, and raffllng off watches.

For 2021, I've been out, cap in hand and asked folks that I'm friendly with to contribute prizes.

The response has been overwhelming, with more than £5,000 worth of horological prizes committed:

- The Antiquarian Horological Society - 1 Years Membership - worth up to £70
    - Baruch “Budge” Coutts - 1 x Limited Edition ‘Colour Shadows” 2021 print - worth £280
    - Bremont - 1 x Bremont MB Masterclass and Tour Experience for Two - Worth £990
    - Farer - 1 x £1,200 Farer gift voucher to be used in full, or towards the purchase of a watch from Farer.com
    - Lee Yuen-Rapati a.k.a OneHourWatch Win - 1 x print of The Horological Alphabet - worth £200
    - Nivada Grenchen - 1 x Nivada Chronoking Manual Wind 87033M Chronograph on bracelet - RRP $2,169 +TAX
    - Two Stitch Straps - A prize bundle of 1 x handmade two piece strap, and 1 x handmade leather NATO worth up to €149
    - Wolf - 1 x Wolf Blake Black/Grey Leather Watch Roll - RRP £209

If you'd like to be in with a chance of winning one of the prizes above, whilst supporting the amazing work of Movember, all you need to do is pick up a raffle ticket.

Full details of prizes, rules, and t&c's can be found here.

Good Luck!

Cheers

Chris

Great stuff! I've bought two. Hoping to see said silly facial hair too!

Check your balls guys

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by tobywatches View Post
    Great stuff! I've bought two. Hoping to see said silly facial hair too!

Check your balls guys
    Thanks Toby!

Will oblige with a cheeky Mo shot in the morning.

Cheers!

Chris

Bought mine too last night, it'd be chivalrous to say i did it for just charity, but there's an amazing array of prizes now

Ticket bought. Great effort and great prizes

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

I'm in for one, a great cause and some amazing prizes.

Craftsman
    I've bought a couple of tickets.

Well done for organising

Master
    I'm in as well, well done OP!

Top Tip: do NOT ask your wife if she is "doing movember". You can have that one for free, on me.

Journeyman

The Mo as promised...

Journeyman
    Thanks to the generosity of Watchonista, today I've added a Casio G-Shock GMW-B5000TB-1 Full Metal Titanium worth $1,500 to the prize pot.

It's from the 2019/2020 catalogue, brand new and boxed, and will ship from the USA.

Not a bad potential win for a £12 ticket that's also supporting the great work of the Movember Foundation!

https://www.time4apint.com/movemberb...ovember-raffle

Journeyman
    Thanks to the 130 people that have bought tickets so far, we have raised £3,110 for Movember at the half way point.

With such good (and varied) prizes up for grabs I hope there's something in the prize pot to appeal to every type of watch collector - and urge you to pick up a ticket (they're only £12!) if you haven't done so yet.

And as a quick reminder, here's what you could win:

The Antiquarian Horological Society - 1 Years Membership - worth up to £70

Baruch “Budge” Coutts - 1 x Limited Edition ‘Colour Shadows” 2021 print - worth £280 (ships from UK)

Bremont - 1 x Bremont MB Masterclass and Tour Experience for Two - Worth £990

Farer - 1 x £1,200 Farer gift voucher to be used in full, or towards the purchase of a watch from Farer.com (ships from UK)

Lee Yuen-Rapati a.k.a OneHourWatch Win - 1 x print of The Horological Alphabet - worth £200 (ships from UK)

Nivada Grenchen - 1 x Nivada Chronoking Manual Wind 87033M Chronograph on bracelet - RRP $2,169 +TAX (ships from Germany)

Two Stitch Straps - A prize bundle of 1 x handmade two piece strap, and 1 x handmade leather NATO worth up to €149 (ships from EU)

Watchonista - A Casio G-Shock GMW-B5000TB-1 Full Metal Titanium worth $1,500 (ships from USA)

Wolf - 1 x Wolf Blake Black/Grey Leather Watch Roll - RRP £209 (ships from UK)

Get your ticket here: https://www.time4apint.com/movemberb...ovember-raffle

Cheers

Chris

Fantastic, Chris. Great cause and set of prizes.

I've bought a ticket.

Journeyman
    Thanks Doug, much appreciated.

Well done for your continued support for this worthy cause. A pleasure to buy a ticket.

I contributed a couple of years ago and then totally forgot about time4apint!
    Happy to rediscover its existence through the forum, ticket bought!
    Thanks for your work Chris!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by carryondentist View Post
    Well done for your continued support for this worthy cause. A pleasure to buy a ticket.
    Thanks for your support!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wandril View Post
    I contributed a couple of years ago and then totally forgot about time4apint!
    Happy to rediscover its existence through the forum, ticket bought!
    Thanks for your work Chris!
    Whoop! I'm still about, causing havoc and growing silly moustaches. :D

Thanks for your support, much appreciated.

Craftsman
    Ticket bought. Best of luck!

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

Two tickets just purchased. Great money raising effort.

Journeyman
    Bought a couple of tickets as well. Good luck with the mo

Sent from my XQ-AS52 using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Twenty Four days in to Movember and 457/2000 tickets have been sold.

Giving a £4,570 donation to Movember. :D

There are 6 days left to grab a ticket if you haven't done so yet.

They are just £12 each.

A minimum of £10 from every ticket goes to Movember and their support of mens mental health and physical health (with focus on testicular and prostate cancers).

And you could win an amazing prize that's worth many multiples of the cost of your ticket.

Those prize include:

The Antiquarian Horological Society - 1 Years Membership - worth up to £70

Baruch “Budge” Coutts - 1 x Limited Edition ‘Colour Shadows” 2021 print - worth £280 (ships from UK)

Bremont - 1 x Bremont MB Masterclass and Tour Experience for Two - Worth £990

Farer - 1 x £1,200 Farer gift voucher to be used in full, or towards the purchase of a watch from Farer.com (ships from UK)

Lee Yuen-Rapati a.k.a OneHourWatch Win - 1 x print of The Horological Alphabet - worth £200 (ships from UK)

Nivada Grenchen - 1 x Nivada Chronoking Manual Wind 87033M Chronograph on bracelet - RRP $2,169 +TAX (ships from Germany)

Two Stitch Straps - A prize bundle of 1 x handmade two piece strap, and 1 x handmade leather NATO worth up to €149 (ships from EU)

Watchonista - A Casio G-Shock GMW-B5000TB-1 Full Metal Titanium worth $1,500 (ships from USA)

Wolf - 1 x Wolf Blake Black/Grey Leather Watch Roll - RRP £209 (ships from UK)

Please grab a ticket if you're able, and give yourself a chance of winning one of these great prizes, from the generous folks that have donated them.

https://www.time4apint.com/movemberb...ovember-raffle

Thanks

Chris

Journeyman
    One full day left and 576/2000 tickets have been bought, giving a £5760 (minimum) donation to Movember.

Massive thanks to everyone who's bought a ticket so far.

If you haven't and would like to be in with a chance of winning one of the generously donated prizes, whilst supporting the work that Movember do to keep us chaps about for as long as possible, you have until midnight on the 30th November to get yours.

Cheers

Chris

Journeyman
    Just over an hour left to go and 670 tickets have been bought - giving us a minimum current Movember donation of £6700!

Also this evening, my anonymous Mo Bro who regularly adds a generous lump sum to whatever Movember fundraising that I have going on, added a whopping extra £2,500 to the pot! (thank you kind Sir!).

By the time things are shipped, and all balances paid, I think we're somewhere north of £15,000 for 2021 Time 4A Pint Movember fundraising - which is blooming fantastic.

Huge thanks to everyone who's donated a prize, bought a ticket, or donated cash - your support has been phenomenal.

If you haven't got a ticket yet, or already have one, and would like another, you have until 23:59GMT today to make your purchase: https://www.time4apint.com/movemberb...ovember-raffle

Cheers!

Chris

Fantastic work, Chris. I hope there are some happy prize winners on the forum!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug86 View Post
    Fantastic work, Chris. I hope there are some happy prize winners on the forum!
    Thanks Doug!

I've drawn the numbers using the random number picker at random.org - just going through one by one letting people pick prizes... bit of a lag due to timezones!

Of the 9, 6 of the winners are in the UK - so might be some forum folk among them!

Huge thanks to everyone for their support - you're good peoples. :)

Journeyman
    Sorry for the delay folks - some of the winner wrangling and admin took a little longer than hoped.

All the winners have now been notified, have picked prizes, and have them either on their way to them, on order, or in the case of the Bremont experience being scheduled.

I will update the blog post with some more information, and a final total once the items I need to cover shipping for are sent, and the leftover P&P cash has been donated to Movember.

Massive thanks to everyone who donated prizes and bought tickets - you're good people and your support is truly appreciated.

Cheers

Chris

Journeyman
    Ok!

All prizes are now selected, shipped, or booked - and with a bit of luck will be with the winners before Christmas.

All of the excess cash has now been paid in to my Movember account - and we have a grand total for the year of £16,265.

Huge thanks to everyone who has donated a watch, bought a raffle ticket, or made a cash donation in 2021 - your support is truly appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

Craftsman
    Great effort, well done

Maybe I'll be a winner next year

Great effort and forgive the pedantic comment but a UK legal requirement for raffles is to make 'publicly available' the details (not addresses) of the winners.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Skier View Post
    Great effort and forgive the pedantic comment but a UK legal requirement for raffles is to make 'publicly available' the details (not addresses) of the winners.
    With you! Will be up in a full blog post later today - just wanted to share a quick update first. :)

Edit: All winners/prizes/info now available here - https://www.time4apint.com/movemberb...ners-announced

Massive thanks again to everyone who gave their support and helped to raised this huge sum of money for a really great set of causes.

Cheers

Chris
    Last edited by tyrantlizardrex; 16th December 2021 at 11:54.