closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Passport

Master
    Blog Entries

Passport

Would you say it's too late sending for a renewal now to get it before Christmas?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    You can get one in a day, so I would say no, it’s not too late.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    You can get one in a day, so I would say no, it’s not too late.
    If you can get an appointment!

Do it online. You know immediately if the photo is acceptable, and new passport is out to you within 2wks

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Do it online. You know immediately if the photo is acceptable, and new passport is out to you within 2wks
    Is that fast track option? Thought you still needed to go the passport office for that.

Passport

Mine took just under a month. Getting the right photo can be a bit of a pain, must have taken dozens!

It arrived early morning on the 22nd October, although I was starting to think I should have gone for the express service as it hadn’t been approved for nearly 4 weeks and the clock doesn’t start ticking until they have received your old passport or documents.

I sent my old passport same day as I applied on next day signed service, took them a week to officially receive it!

Mine went to Durham, if you follow @passportwaiting on Twitter you can see wait times and how peoples applications progress. I worked out based on others which had applied a week earlier than me that mine should be arriving within the week following and it did.

I reckon you’ll be fine, but you could always go fast track or premium if you can get an appointment.

https://www.gov.uk/get-a-passport-urgently

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    Is that fast track option? Thought you still needed to go the passport office for that.
    No, but I reckon it is almost as fast, and you do it without having to travel and queue.

All you have to do is send off your current/out of date passport, every other part can be done in your pyjamas

Master
    Would you say it's too late sending for a renewal now to get it before Christmas?
    I used my phone and it was through super quick. Was a beta app, but so easy!

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Took ten weeks for my Children’s online renewals without any requests for further documents etc!

Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    Took ten weeks for my Children’s online renewals without any requests for further documents etc!
    Perhaps it goes quicker if you already have a yougov account for HMRC?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    How long ago was this?

Craftsman
    Get your photo done at an approved photographer in the high street near you. I had mine done at Snappy Snaps. It took five minutes and only cost about £15. They gave me a code to enter into the passport web site, which linked the photo automatically to my application- no need to upload the photo myself, and no worries about if the photo was in the right format.

Passport

How long ago was this?
    Submitted around 23rd August. Took a week to be acknowledged as received and then nothing for months until they stated it had been approved and then took a week from then to arrived back home. Received end of October.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatters View Post
    Get your photo done at an approved photographer in the high street near you. I had mine done at Snappy Snaps. It took five minutes and only cost about £15. They gave me a code to enter into the passport web site, which linked the photo automatically to my application- no need to upload the photo myself, and no worries about if the photo was in the right format.
    When I did it online, uploading the photo - I found out immediately that it was acceptable. Not seeing why you were getting worried?

When I say “immediately” - I perhaps took a second one.

Master
    Just in case anyone is in need
    I’ve just renewed mine - on line renewal and sent my old one last Friday - just had a text and the new ones due deliver back to me tomorrow-
    I did end up taking my own pic - after going in one of the booths ( it said the pic was good) rejected by on line portal

Craftsman
    Ditto. 2wks ago. Renewed online Friday morning (with photo booth reference code), sent old passport by signed-for post the same day. Got text on the Monday saying it was received, text saying it was approved on the Tuesday and new one delivered on the Wednesday. This was not even express service. 3 working day turnaround, impressive.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I renewed mine late November - it was 8 days from start to finish. All done on my phone (including the pic). No complaints with the experience!

Blog Entries
    My son's passport needs renewal next month - he's nearly 18 now and the last one was from 5 years ago, when he looked completely different. I'm fully expecting the passport office to question the pics etc.

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    My son's passport needs renewal next month - he's nearly 18 now and the last one was from 5 years ago, when he looked completely different. I'm fully expecting the passport office to question the pics etc.
    Apply on line, you get to take a current photo and you get the OK there and then - that the photo is correct.

Or - he could do it the difficult way..........................................

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    You need to wait until he’s 18 as his passport will then be valid for 10 years.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    You need to wait until he’s 18 as his passport will then be valid for 10 years.
    I know but his birthday is in July, around the same time we'd like to go on holiday:-(

Just did my daughter's passport, applied on Sunday 21st and it was approved today, amazed how quick it was. All done on my phone with updates via email.