closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Watchfinder not interested in buying my Rolex sports models!

Watchfinder not interested in buying my Rolex sports models!

I pinged off a couple of requests for a price on my Hulk and also my Sd4k and to my surprise Watchfinder have sent an email back saying that due to the amount of both watches they are holding of each model they arnt interested in buying mine at this time. They are showing as 1 Sd4k on their website. If I recall correctly they have about 4 hulks..all around £17k plus…what type of games are they playing? Drip feeding the website with stock so as to appear they don’t have many of that particular model? Strange times when Watchfinder arnt interested in a hulk at least!

Maybe the start of a price downturn? This seems to contradict the other WF thread with regard to their high prices. Be very interesting to read our more knowledgeable members opinions.

Could be as simple - as cash flow problems.

Master
    Interesting as they offered me a decent amount for my stickered sd4k and for a watch they did not have in stock a very surprising amount. All my watches that were stickered they were interested in at more then I thought they would have been valued.

Quote Originally Posted by shoppy View Post
    Interesting as they offered me a decent amount for my stickered sd4k and for a watch they did not have in stock a very surprising amount. All my watches that were stickered they were interested in at more then I thought they would have been valued.
    Similar experience for me too only last week.

OMG, stop the presses! The bubble is bursting:-)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paneristi372 View Post
    Similar experience for me too only last week.
    Values are good but I am not sure I am ready to consolidate for such called grail piece as I know it ultimately won’t be:)

Master
    I think it’s always been like this with Watchfinder. They often carry a few unlisted of popular models. If they have too many, they either low ball (even more than normal) or say they’ve got enough stock. Not sure it’s reflective of a bubble bursting yet.

Others do it too, Blowers and the like.

Master
    But what possesses people to buy and then sell off later on. If you want another model then just buy it and then you can forget about what it is worth etc.

This forum is full of people who have regretted selling their Rolex. Mine are going to my kids and that gives me an incentive to buy a couple more.

Master
    They have one or more so dont need yours, i bet they have noted your contact details in case of a rush on those models next week.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    But what possesses people to buy and then sell off later on. If you want another model then just buy it and then you can forget about what it is worth etc.

This forum is full of people who have regretted selling their Rolex. Mine are going to my kids and that gives me an incentive to buy a couple more.
    Have a day off Mick. Treat yourself.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    Have a day off Mick. Treat yourself.
    Yes you are right, life is too short to squabble on a keyboard.

Blog Entries

Is that you Skyman……
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Need the money to put it bluntly. Wish I could have kept every Rolex I’ve ever owned.

Like any business, if you have not had a good month or two and have stock then its not the best decision to turn the cash you have into stock.

Could also be a start of a new purchase tactic for them, shrug watches off that you would buy but give the seller the mindset they are not needed, seller is then more likely to accept a lower offer on the second attempt..

Grand Master
    One in one out with Rolex. Theres a change coming and no one wants burning with strong stock at a premium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RIAC

Master

For some reason I end up buying duplicates ones that I wear and ones that just sit there. Other times I look at my collection and think I have too many. But I am greedy so that does not last for long.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    I pinged off a couple of requests for a price on my Hulk and also my Sd4k and to my surprise Watchfinder have sent an email back saying that due to the amount of both watches they are holding of each model they arnt interested in buying mine at this time. They are showing as 1 Sd4k on their website. If I recall correctly they have about 4 hulks..all around £17k plus…what type of games are they playing? Drip feeding the website with stock so as to appear they don’t have many of that particular model? Strange times when Watchfinder arnt interested in a hulk at least!
    Have you tried Watchtrader? They always seem to be buying and always worth getting different places to price

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    OMG, stop the presses! The bubble is bursting:-)
    Hold the front page - Sun rises in the morning.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    One in one out with Rolex. Theres a change coming and no one wants burning with strong stock at a premium.

Would love to know what your thoughts are Kerry ….change ?….different approach?.stock availability?.

what type of games are they playing? Drip feeding the website with stock so as to appear they don’t have many of that particular model?

News flash, your dealing with businessmen. Their No 1 aim is to maxamise profit. You just assumed they would kiss your butt and beg to buy your Rolex watches

Craftsman
    Also if they had twenty Hulks it would be stupid to list on the web site all at the same time .

Is it only your Rolex watches you will keep for your kids or is it any watch you buy?

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by shoppy View Post
    But I am greedy so that does not last for long.
    Greedy for money or empty
    RIAC

Blog Entries
    They could have more in stock than they are advertising. When I sold them a yellow gold Lady Datejust a while back they bought it straightaway. I suppose even they have a limit on how many they want in stock. Wonder how many they actually shift?
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Interestingly WF were offering strong money for a Panerai I'm selling to them. Around 80% of RRP and it isn't a limited edition or discontinued either.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Interestingly WF were offering strong money for a Panerai I'm selling to them. Around 80% of RRP and it isn't a limited edition or discontinued either.
    Who owns WF? ;)

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Who owns WF? ;)
    Ah boom! Yes of course lol I'd not thought of that. Good point! :)

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Ah boom! Yes of course lol I'd not thought of that. Good point! :)
    "Only" a 20% loss on a Panerai would almost give me the confidence to buy more.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    "Only" a 20% loss on a Panerai would almost give me the confidence to buy more.
    It's actually a 15% loss as RRP increased since I bought it. And my wife has worn it and scratched the heck out of it so I was very happy indeed with the offer.

Surely if watchfinder won’t buy it, someone else will at the right price. If their buy in price for a £17k hulk is I dunno £14k maybe, then put it up for sale at £14k and bingo, sold

Fingers crossed there's a crash, and then all those in it for the money and these tedious Rolex threads will both disappear.

Master

There will be a change if the economy tanks
    Don't see it happening otherwise.

Master
    I think, as we go into the new year, prices will stabilise and not keep going up for a while. Much needed because it’s getting very silly already.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Fingers crossed there's a crash, and then all those in it for the money and these tedious Rolex threads will both disappear.
    That is a pathetically short sighted view.
    Only way there will be a crash in the short term would be if there is an economic meltdown.
    And to hope for an economic meltdown just because of one’s dislike for Rolex bubble is kinda sad.
    Over time prices May deflate due to changing times and tastes and aspirations but in short term, it is only dictated by the health of the economy

Master
    Only way there will be a crash in the short term would be if there is an economic meltdown.
    And to hope for an economic meltdown just because of one’s dislike for Rolex bubble is kinda sad.
    Over time prices May deflate due to changing times and tastes and aspirations but in short term, it is only dictated by the health of the economy
    I didn’t read that jukebox wanted an economic meltdown into the original comment!

I bumped into an acquaintance in the pub last week. He knows I am I to watches. He said he wanted liquidate his unworn DSSD JC and asked what I thought it was worth. Referencing a TZ thread I’d read a few days before I said £12.5-13.5k. He laughed and said “I’ll get £17k, no problem”. Mmm, good luck with that.

It is madness that they’ve become “investments”rather than just a nice trinket to own that tells the time.

Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    what type of games are they playing? Drip feeding the website with stock so as to appear they don’t have many of that particular model?

You just assumed they would kiss your butt and beg to buy your Rolex watches
    Funny way of describing a transaction between a business that buys watches and a seller wanting to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by watchmad View Post
    I didn’t read that jukebox wanted an economic meltdown into the original comment!

I bumped into an acquaintance in the pub last week. He knows I am I to watches. He said he wanted liquidate his unworn DSSD JC and asked what I thought it was worth. Referencing a TZ thread I’d read a few days before I said £12.5-13.5k. He laughed and said “I’ll get £17k, no problem”. Mmm, good luck with that.

It is madness that they’ve become “investments”rather than just a nice trinket to own that tells the time.
    Agree- a lot of clowns around
    I am not against a correction- it would be good in a lot of ways but the only way it can happen in short term is by an economic downturn. That would spell misery for a lot of people and I wouldn’t want to see that just for a Rolex price correction.

What I really really cannot get my head around is that identical models that needed fairly chunky discounts by the AD to shift perhaps 4/5 years ago are now commanding enormous premiums. Think "olive" rose gold day date 40 and other precious metal watches. Just bonkers.

FWIW, I don't see any massive correction happening. Prices might soften a bit or growth might flatten but fact is, people seem to have a lot of cash to spend and instagram is doing a superb job in telling them where they should park their cash. I guess it's better than pissing it away on something that shows zero residual value like some of the butt ugly jewellery the instagram dealers sell alongside watches.

I am not against a correction- it would be good in a lot of ways but the only way it can happen in short term is by an economic downturn. That would spell misery for a lot of people and I wouldn’t want to see that just for a Rolex price correction.
    don't forget that there was the biggest economic downturn in the UK for the last 300 years just last year and prices went up during that time. It would take an awful awful lot to happen for prices to correct by any significant amount (I'm talking 25%+) IMO.

Master
    While a downtown could provoke a correction, it's not the only way. People just have to lose confidence in a particular asset bubble, same as with some cryptos. A change of fashion or social attitudes could also chip away at the underlying desirability of luxury watches - not that there's any particular sign of that currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdon View Post
    What I really really cannot get my head around is that identical models that needed fairly chunky discounts by the AD to shift perhaps 4/5 years ago are now commanding enormous premiums. Think "olive" rose gold day date 40 and other precious metal watches. Just bonkers.

FWIW, I don't see any massive correction happening. Prices might soften a bit or growth might flatten but fact is, people seem to have a lot of cash to spend and instagram is doing a superb job in telling them where they should park their cash. I guess it's better than pissing it away on something that shows zero residual value like some of the butt ugly jewellery the instagram dealers sell alongside watches.
    Think you nailed it with 'seem to have'. Country is massively in debt. Average adult debt in the UK is >£30k. Seemingly never ending sales of iPhones, luxury watches and according to the other thread people buying 911's on finance. This would all be quite worrying in a normal sane world, but in the crazy world we live in it seems as likely the folk who are financially prudent will be the ones to lose out.

Don't even get me started on the madness of crypto... world's gone mad!

Grand Master
    I do have a rye smile when I see nice new cars and fancy watches on the wrists of those renting property (read mortgage)

RIAC

Master
    Greedy for money or empty
    Greedy for hoarding money is already gone so that’s not the motive. I guess, I like the idea of downsizing but when I look to what I would get rid of struggle. So end up keeping, I would rather enjoy what I have.

They billion dollar company now
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Could be as simple - as cash flow problems.
    Sent from my SM-G780F using TZ-UK mobile app

Funny way of describing a transaction between a business that buys watches and a seller wanting to sell.
    WF don't have to buy your (or anybody else's) watches on any given day.

It may be personally disappointing to you, but to them it's just business. Move on & try someone else: WF don't have a monopoly on purchasing sports Rolex.
    ______

​Jim.

What a pathetic response. You're the only one talking about an economic meltdown.

Master
    Always a joy to read about folk selling their stickered Rolex watch. I do try to be sympathetic.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    Always a joy to read about folk selling their stickered Rolex watch. I do try to be sympathetic.
    Wonder what the AD thinks when someone asks for the stickers to be left on? 🤔

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Wonder what the AD thinks when someone asks for the stickers to be left on? 樂
    The AD was fine with my latest Omega - couldn’t care less if all stickers (bracelet, watch head, clasp etc.) were left on or not. I had them removed as I wanted to wear it.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG