closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any plans for more plexi versions

Any plans for more plexi versions

Eddie - in light of the popularity of the plexi version of the Commando do you have any plans to offer this option with other models - Everest, Navigator, 29a etc?

Not at this time. With previous plexi models there was a constant demand for replacement crystals, I'll see how it goes with the Commando plexi.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

That’s a shame as the expedition would be amazing in plexi, and the 29A was superb in plexi. Understand it from a business perspective though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disappointing but understandable.

Thanks for the clarification Eddie.

Maybe just a disclaimer on the product that replacement crystals are not available for general wear and tear and YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by redhed18 View Post
    Maybe just a disclaimer on the product that replacement crystals are not available for general wear and tear and YMMV
    This. Surely an aftermarket would fit? Acrylic crystals are consumables and really shouldn't be covered by warranty.

Craftsman
    If is a barrier to more plexi models perhaps just sell the crystals as an additional item in the store. The plexiglass on my 29a gets scuffed but nothing more than that. Would it be a £10 replacement part? Just a thought :)

Quote Originally Posted by Boxsash View Post
    If is a barrier to more plexi models perhaps just sell the crystals as an additional item in the store. The plexiglass on my 29a gets scuffed but nothing more than that. Would it be a £10 replacement part? Just a thought :)
    Eddie doesn't want to be faffing around selling low value and readily available parts. I suppose a spare crystal could be included in the original sale but you might not need it -- and if you do then that's what Cousins is for.

If you buy a watch with an acrylic crystal then it's a given that you'll need to polish it and likely eventually replace it. They're consumables. Same with leather watch straps. Sometimes you get lucky and they last a long time, sometimes not. Also depends on how happy you are to put up with scratches and scuffs.

I like plexi but its pros (lighter weight, softer reflection, nicer distortion, vintage vibe) are equalled by its cons (see above). For a "go anywhere" beater you can't beat sapphire but personally I love the warmth of acrylic. Both are good; neither is intrinsically better than the other.