closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Carbon watch case from CW

Master

Carbon watch case from CW

Yes, I know, all the Christopher Ward excitement is about the C60 Concept with its hand-finished manufacture movement. But in all this hoopla, it’s easy to miss CW’s launch of a chronometer housed in an injected-carbon case, the C63 Colchester.

I love this innovation (a carbon case) from CW and only wish it omitted the military badging.

I was admiring the Sealander models last night. Not seen in the flesh but gorgeous looking watches for £700.

Hmmm...to me the actual name Colchester has more of an association with the military prison. Perhaps they missed a trick...The Colchester - tough enough to serve time for people serving time.

They seem to be out Bremonting Bremont with the Walt factor on this one.

I rather like that, but would like it more if it didn't have the parachute regiment branding and wasn't called the Colchester

I like the titanium one but didn’t bite.

I’ve wanted a carbon case for a while but can’t stretch to a Doxa or similar so this might be just the thing.

Couldn’t care less about the branding on the back as it’ll get covered with a nato anyway.

Tempting

Master
    It would be great if CW produced carbon-cased watches without the regimental badging. But their Military range is growing, so somebody must be buying them.

Quote Originally Posted by mylofitz View Post
    I was admiring the Sealander models last night. Not seen in the flesh but gorgeous looking watches for £700.
    While I haven’t handled a Sealander, I have another CW with a ‘LightCatcher’ case. These cases are better finished than the Longines, TAG Heuer and Breitling watches I had before. Case finishing is, I feel, a real CW strength.

Master
    My Sealander.

Was always a bit squiffy about CW but must admit that I quite like my Sealander. Very wearable size. Decently finished. Well worth the (discounted) price I paid...imho of course.

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by acg View Post

I’ve wanted a carbon case for a while but can’t stretch to a Doxa or similar so this might be just the thing.
    My feelings exactly. I’ve also flirted with a formex essence legera. A Bit big mind.

I must say I’m not a fan of the slim arrow hand on CWs. It’s a shame that it forms part of their brand identity on their modern watches.

I've got one, my first CW, have to say that I'm very impressed.. Standard of finishing is excellent for the money and arguably for quite a bit more money.

Wouldn't.hesitate to recommend one.

Have you seen the new C60 Concept. Just £3495.00.

https://www.christopherward.com/dive...T0BG0-HBO.html

A tad expensive.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

And £100 off with code 100Loupe23

Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post

A tad expensive.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
    Not bad..

Reminds me of a Ming watch for some reason.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    Not bad..

Reminds me of a Ming watch for some reason.
    Yes, thought that as well. Mind you, a lot more interesting than a minging

Not sure about the plasticky looking triangle at 12 though.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post

A tad expensive.
    On the one hand, I agree it’s a tad expensive. On the second hand it’s a low price for such a highly hand-finished movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougal View Post
    Carbon watch case from CW
    Christopher Ward C63 Colchester Carbon Fiber Watch Retractable Crown Sealander Elite COSC Cert
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkM0NFdia_Q
    THIN is the new BLACK

Master
    It would be great if CW produced carbon-cased watches without the regimental badging. But their Military range is growing, so somebody must be buying them.

I’m quite surprised they are doing Regimental badging as they are also doing special projects ala Bremont and Elliot Brown, so wouldn’t have thought they’d have needed to.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by acg View Post
    It appears there are several carbon-cased watches: https://chrononautix.com/carbon-uhre...er-vdb-zenith/

But only a few of them aren’t silly money:

It appears there are several carbon-cased watches: https://chrononautix.com/carbon-uhre...er-vdb-zenith/

But only a few of them aren’t silly money:
    These are due next month finally(they were announced about 3 years ago at BaselWorld).

https://bensontrade.com/watches/davo...ition-16158965

There are some downright cheap carbon-cased watches out there - cheapest of all is Swiss Military Hanowa diver, which you can pick-up on ebay for £49 in several colour variants at the moment. Mine is on the 'beater rota' and gets used for the usual run of DIY, gardening, walking, &c, and hasn't a mark on it. The only small demerit for some of you is the quartz movement...

Victorinox also make an assortment of INOX carbon-cased watches between ~£250 and £1500, including a range you can configure with various colours, accessories, &c.

And Formex's 'Leggera' range were all well under £2K -

I have a special edition TAG that has a carbon fibre dial, but as a case material, I just don't think carbon works that well.

When ceramic can produce something genuinely lovely, I think carbon pales by comparison,

Quite like the look of that thar C63, other than the strange choice of hour hand which to me just doesn't sit right.