closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: CW introduce the C60 Concept (Skeletonized Movement)

CW introduce the C60 Concept (Skeletonized Movement)

The new Christopher Ward C60 Concept divers watch with a skeletonized movement . I prefer divers watches , without the skeletonized movement they are much more legible IMO . But I do like the movement in the c60 concept and the 5 day power reserve . But I think I would go for other options in that price range .

https://wornandwound.com/christopher...power-reserve/

Last edited by Tazmo61; 4th November 2021 at 13:10.

Craftsman
    It is nice looking and the movement is decently finished. Certainly very interesting and very well priced. If I was not saving for something else I would definitely consider It!

BW,
    Chi Kai

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I expected to hate this but actually love it!! These pics are better than those on W&W.

https://www.christopherward.com/dive...T0BG0-HBO.html

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I expected to hate this but actually love it!! These pics are better than those on W&W.

+1 that is right up my street

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post

Agreed , they are better images , thanks for posting .

The blue faced C60 looks remarkably like a Breitling Super Ocean..... or am I not allowed to say things like that?

I quite fancy the Anthroposcene and the Sealander, but having tiny wrists and hands they are simply too big, so are most others. I do like the finish on the Christopher Ward watches though. They are very stylish and timeless design, the more 'standard' models. I don't like these movement watches, you cannot see the hands against all the background clutter.

That is a lot of watch for the money. I really like it. Well done CW.

I quite like some of the CW line up and I do like this but could I spend £3.5k on a CW? Not sure personally

It could be made out of platinum and I still wouldn't be able to spend £3.5k on a CW.

I like it but at 15.85mm thick for a three hander it wouldn’t be for me, I applaud CW for making it though.

Grand Master
    As a rule, I am not a fan of skeleton (or open heart) watches and this does not change that rule. Whilst I do think CW are pushing their boundaries, for that kind of money, there are far nicer (better?) options.
    /vince ..

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Quality Man View Post
    I like it but at 15.85mm thick for a three hander it wouldn’t be for me, I applaud CW for making it though.

Well put. I like the looks, but its at least 4mm to thick. Plus the price feels steep.

15.85mm and £3.5k for CW, that's a tough ask.

That said, if in the future it ends up half price in a sale... could be very compelling.

I quite like this, it reminds me of a Ming but probably nicer looking imo.

The price is the biggest issue, if I wanted this style I would 100% take the new Accutron at a cheaper price and way way more fascinating and something to behold in motion.

Last edited by Tetlee; 6th November 2021 at 08:52.

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    15.85mm and £3.5k for CW, that's a tough ask.

That said, if in the future it ends up half price in a sale... could be very compelling.
    Sssh. Don’t go telling everyone my strategy

I like this. Hand finished movement and the skeleton design is by Armin Strom I believe. A very good effort by CW.

Master
    There are not many skeletonised watches that I like. This is one of them. Lovely.

I wouldn't mind one of those Accutrons either.

Journeyman
    Nice Case but the shape and in particular the strap are very reminiscent of the Omega SMPO 600m IMO.
    And Nice as the watch is, I always find skeletonized Divers are near illegible unless the lume is popping.

Not one I'd be interested in having, but quite a nice watch.

Sent from my Redmi K30 Pro using Tapatalk

Never really liked skeletonise watches, most are almost illegible but that does look good, and the lume is quite Ming in style,,, but £3.5k or so for a CW? no way, take £2k off and its a winner.

Master
    I guess the limited production run (210 pieces) and "Concept" name infer that CW's using this watch to show what it can do. And the price reflects it (albeit it's low-cost for such high-level finishing.) Will we see some elements of the Concept trickle down to future models? I reckon so.

While I won't buy a C60 Concept, I look forward to seeing what trickles down to other Christopher Wards.

Craftsman
    I think this is a great looking watch and along with the Sealander and new Carbon case, CW seem to be producing some lovely pieces of late. I also don’t think that price is all that ridiculous given that it is an in house, hand finished 5 day movement. The 3D lume and involvement of significant Swiss manufactures is also impressive. I am not sure there are many watches below £5K with this spec. Also, no Christopher Ward text just the twin flag logo which is another plus.

Personally not a fan of skeletonisied movements but that is not half bad.
    More importantly, CW seems to be making strides and all that noise about the logo and it’s placement seems to be subsiding.
    More power to CW.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    I quite like this, it reminds me of a Ming but probably nicer looking imo.

The price is the biggest issue, if I wanted this style I would 100% take the new Accutron at a cheaper price and way way more fascinating and something to behold in motion.

Very nice Accutron.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post
    Very nice Accutron.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
    I ordered an accutron late last year from Jura, two week leadtime turned into three months and on arrival it was very underwhelming, nothing like worth the money being asked for (and since in their sale), also the movement isnt really that practical IMO and feels like the tech needs more work, I bought it due to the engineering involved but sent it back. Its quite a big beast too, I would advise anybody to check them out in the flesh before committing to one.

The CW however is a looker and even better on the bracelet.

Keith

Craftsman
    It sold out quickly. All gone a week or two ago it appears.

Master
    Finally !!! A CW with just the logo and no Christopher Ward visible !!
    This will sell !!!

maseman

Journeyman
    Personally there are too many quirks for this particular watch to interest me, but as many have said already, I do commend them for the effort.

I've been saying for ages they need to do something more with the sh21 and this is certainly the right direction.

I'd rather they'd have done this with the launch of a new pilot line, you don't need as much water resistance and can have a significantly more wearable case.

But they have finally taken the finishing of the sh21 to the next level (and where I think it should always have been when on display) so I'm looking forward to what they may do in the future with their other lines and a skeletonised movement.

To be honest, their dress line up has been in need of a revamp for a while as well, and they have a lot of potential with a 5 day movement. Give us a nice solid dial with an elegant power reserve implementation this time and skeletonise the movement on the back so we can see the lovely workings through a caseback instead! Maybe even get a jump hour with the sh21, now that would be money!

not a fan of skeleton but this movement looks rather tidy and if they can put a slightly transparent dial in between, then it would be more easy to read the time and they can play with the colour.

I'm a huge fan of skeletonised watches from the cluttered dials such as the Armin Strom Omega Speedmasters or Chronoswiss Opus to the clean and clear such as the Corum Golden bridge.

Would love to have this particular watch from Christopher Ward albeit that it'll probably wear large on me but it's academic as they sold out pretty quickly and I don't have the available cash!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by maseman View Post
    Finally !!! A CW with just the logo and no Christopher Ward visible !!
    This will sell !!!

Will sell?

Has sold .... out :)

Hopefully mine arrives next week.

I like well executed skeleton dials (and my personal grail is a skeleton too).

Reminds me a little of the Arnold and Son Nebula watch (though I assume the A&S has a much better finish). Will be interested to see some photos.

Having owned several CW watches I am still not sure I could bring myself to buy one again.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post

Having owned several CW watches I am still not sure I could bring myself to buy one again.
    What was wrong with them?

I've owned a CW dress watch in the past, and currently own a GMT. I had no issues with them. The only thing I don't like is the name logo, which the C60 Concept thankfully omits.

Quote Originally Posted by JasH View Post
    What was wrong with them?

I've owned a CW dress watch in the past, and currently own a GMT. I had no issues with them. The only thing I don't like is the name logo, which the C60 Concept thankfully omits.
    The whole image behind them I find it a bit nauseating. I have owned several from their early beginnings don’t think I would buy one again.

Master
    What’s different with CW’s image compared to other brands? I find many watch brands are marketed with similar nausea, so prefer to judge each watch on its design merits.

“You never really own a Patek Philippe. You merely look after it for the next generation.” I find this slogan nauseating but don’t judge the watches by their advertising department.