closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Heathrow Parking advice

Heathrow Parking advice

Hi all,

We’re flying out of Heathrow T2 at Christmas and need to park the car somewhere, in the past have used Purple Parking but this seems quite expensive now in comparison to other options but these only seem to have 10/20 reviews which seems a bit strange.

We’re going for a week and are looking for cheap and easy, any recommendations?

Why not go with the ‘official’ BAA option? If you’re in a rush, how about the valet option?

With anything else, your car might potentially end up in a trading estate/field in Slough.

Heathrow Parking advice

Depending on how precious you are with your car use residential parking in the Osterley/Hounslow area and take the tube for £1.50 each way.

Just go to the Hounslow website and find which streets are not covered by permits as things can change.

Drop your wife with the bags at the tube and then park.

We have been doing this for years, but the council is getting smarter and they have tightened restrictions recently around Osterley.

Spend and deliver, use the official valet parking, and life is so much easier.

When I used to work in Edinburgh I tried most, no idea if they are all still in business but I settled for the BAA off site parking which I used the most. Just park where you want in the massive car park, then catch a shuttle bus which run frequently.

On the way back, again catch their shuttle bus. You do need to allocate enough time to do this and make a note of where you have parked by taking a picture of a marker post. I once forgot and spent ages aimlessly wandering around until a shuttle bus driver noticed and took me round the car park until I found my car.

I'm currently abroad, which means I've only used half the service so far. I just went with convenience to be honest. I've used their official parking "meet and greet", albeit at T3.

This holiday is meant to be nothing other than relaxing/easy going. For me the premium of paying to drive right up to the terminal, park, and leave my key with someone to sort the car is worth it.

Now, in a week's time I could have a different view if the car comes back damaged, no fuel, is not there when I land, etc... but so far I'm happy with paying the extra £30.

Might be worth considering the stay and fly option. We fly out for 10 nights on 28th December and the parking costs were coming in high.

Booked the Holiday Inn, J4 which is 1.4 miles from the airport. Staying the night before our trip with the parking for the duration of our trip came in at £140. We keep the car keys, and the car stays in the hotel car park.

We will just jump in a taxi to get to and from the airport.

Craftsman
    https://www.justpark.com/

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny778 View Post
    Might be worth considering the stay and fly option. We fly out for 10 nights on 28th December and the parking costs were coming in high.

Booked the Holiday Inn, J4 which is 1.4 miles from the airport. Staying the night before our trip with the parking for the duration of our trip came in at £140. We keep the car keys, and the car stays in the hotel car park.

We will just jump in a taxi to get to and from the airport.
    Agree with this. Recently stayed at the Hilton T5. £102 for a night in the hotel and 7 nights parking.

Thanks all for the suggestions, think we’ll end up using the BAA options - we did think about the stay and park option, but it is not very helpful as we fly a bit later in the day and the times wouldn’t really work!

We’re going to look for the option that gives us the ability to alter the booking in the event we have to call it all off if the COVID regulations change.

Craftsman
    I’ve just taken to using the official parking.
    I have used Purple Parking a couple of times, but there’s really not much in it price wise, but I found the minibus with Purple a lot more pissing about than the regular service with the official parking.

I’m not a fan of handing my keys over and having my car moved to who-knows-where, which seems to be how some operators work.

If you’re coming from very far afield, the hotel+parking combo works, again you’re a little at the mercy of their minibus service.

Master
    I’ve handed my keys over twice when I had a company car. Both cars had a tracker fitted and I got a full refund after I proved that both had been speeding on M25. One car was driven at 95mph. One was purple parking

Heathrow Parking advice

Quote Originally Posted by craig1912 View Post
    I’ve handed my keys over twice when I had a company car. Both cars had a tracker fitted and I got a full refund after I proved that both had been speeding on M25. One car was driven at 95mph. One was purple parking
    When I used the smaller companies, once my car came back scratched which they simply flat refused to even acknowledge so I switched companies, with the new I stopped using them when my car came covered in mud inside and out, the last straw for me was with another company who kept me waiting at the arrivals collection point for some 40 mins and then for over an hour at their depot as they couldn’t find my car. I also had regular occurrences of not being able to find my keys and one even asked me if I had a spare set with me!

I worked in Edinburgh for some 3.5 years and my experience with these smaller companies means that I now would never entertain them no matter what and always use the BAA long term parking. I’ve used the BAA services at Heathrow, Gatwick Stansted and Luton and they all been pretty slick compared to these smaller companies.
    Last edited by IAmATeaf; 21st November 2021 at 22:43.

We’ve booked the park and ride with BAA, we’ve previously used Purple Parking, and they seemed OK, but prices have altered a lot post Covid and so was worth asking those who travel more than we do!

You’re always a useful bunch!

The last few flights I have been on (pre covid) I have used a taxi to take me to and from the Airport and left my car on my drive, perhaps not the cheapest option but no hassle.

Master
    Just done my booking and used the Thistle stay and park option as they were ‘attached’ to the T5 Pod parking but see from a recent announcement that the Pods seem to have been permanently closed - gutted as used to be so convenient but looks like the lack of business traffic they are no longer viable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTigerUK View Post
    The last few flights I have been on (pre covid) I have used a taxi to take me to and from the Airport and left my car on my drive, perhaps not the cheapest option but no hassle.
    I do that, allows me to drink on the plane without a worry.