closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: AirPods Max opinions?

AirPods Max opinions?

How are they really? and how do they compare to say a Bose QC (or any other that would be more relevant) please?
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    How are they really? and how do they compare to say a Bose QC (or any other that would be more relevant) please?
    As far as sound they were probably the best wireless headphones I’ve ever had.

I returned mine because condensation basically made them unusable. With condensation all the functions started to break down.
    After I let them dry they started to work again.
    After an hour of use the problems returned.
    Let them dry overnight and they worked again.
    Used an hour and the problems started again.

Master
    No condensation issues for me.

I think they are great, expensive but great. Best sound from any wireless headphone I have tried plus the way they work with all my other apple gear is very nice. They are the best headphones if you are in the apple ecosystem.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    I was in local Apple Store and was speaking to one of the Gurus who nodded and winked that the Beats versions (now owned by Apple) are excellent and as good as the Pros.

Half the price too albeit 2 less drivers per ear.

Can’t comment if correct as not permitted to try them.

Jim

Master
    We have two pairs and love them I also had the Bose and Sony the AirPods Max are better sound quality wise. The only strange thing I find is the lack of case. But I have a few third party ones when I need to travel.
    Last edited by shoppy; 31st October 2021 at 16:22.

Master
    I think some on this thread are talking about Airpods / AirPods Pro, the question was about the over-ear Airpods Max.

I’m very happy with them. The spatial audio is impressive, and it now works with Apple TV too, which was a gripe when they came out, fixed in a recent update. Also when they first came out there was a glitch that meant they drained power too quickly, but this was fixed in a firmware update and now they last for ages. I’ve looked carefully for the famous condensation issue and seen no evidence of it at all (I bought them when they launched so have had them for a while). Maybe it’s something to do with using them for very long periods of time in a hot or cold environment? Or being prone to perspiration? In my living room it doesn’t seem to happen.

They sound excellent, with wonderfully deep sub bass you can almost feel, which had me digging out a bunch of old underground dance tunes. They can actually play bass heavy hip hop and dance in a way that most in-ears simply can’t, while also being just as good at classical. They won’t be as neutral as high end wired headphones or reference headphones, but what they do is provide an extremely pleasing version of streamed Bluetooth, cleverly reverse engineered into something much better, which with spatial audio tracks and Atmos movies genuinely does feel like a next level headphones experience.

The bottom line - if you have bought into the Apple ecosystem then they are the headphones to get. If not, there are better and cheaper options to get.... e.g. the Sony WF1000xm4. They sound better, they come with a case and are cheaper than the equivalent Apple product.
    Last edited by zippy; 31st October 2021 at 12:11.

Master
    I bought a pair soon after release, but in my opinion the sound wasn’t as good as the B&O H9 or Sony WH-1000XM3 so sold them straight away. The case is also crap and they don’t fold anywhere near as well as the Sonys, so less convenient for travel. I’m a real Apple fan boy and have iPhones, iPads, iMac and Apple TV but I think they missed the mark with these.
    If I was looking for some at the minute I’d go for the latest Sony WH-100XM4 and save myself £200.

I am considering picking up a pair as i live the airpods pro.. I will look out for a bargain price though - if I can get 200 quid off then I will get a pair 😂

Quote Originally Posted by EJL25 View Post
    As far as sound they were probably the best wireless headphones I’ve ever had.

I returned mine because condensation basically made them unusable. With condensation all the functions started to break down.
    After I let them dry they started to work again.
    After an hour of use the problems returned.
    Let them dry overnight and they worked again.
    Used an hour and the problems started again.
    I’m intrigued as to where the condensation comes from/what situation arises to make it happen, I wear headphones for every minute of my working life, and I’ve never had a problem with it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by junglebert View Post
    I’m intrigued as to where the condensation comes from/what situation arises to make it happen, I wear headphones for every minute of my working life, and I’ve never had a problem with it.
    I actually think that most over ear headphones would have some condensation with prolonged use, it is just that people are more aware of it with the APMs because the ear cups are so easily removable.

Having said that the above poster said that it actually caused the headphones to not work properly, if that is the case then clearly an issue... it just isn't something that has affected my use and I do use them for hours at a time.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by junglebert View Post
    It’s perspiration.
    I’ve had perspiration with other headphones but all of them have worked regardless.

Craftsman
    I’ve a pair arriving today from Amazon.de it worked out at about £400 delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by Enda View Post
    I’ve a pair arriving today from Amazon.de it worked out at about £400 delivered.
    To Dublin or to London?

Craftsman
    Dublin but London should be similar, probably slightly cheaper with the lower vat rate!

https://www.amazon.de/MGYJ3ZM-A-Appl...st_sto_dp&th=1

Good tip, thank you