closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: JLC master ultra thin moon

JLC master ultra thin moon

Just come across this. Lovely looking watch, right up my street but at £8500 it’s a pretty penny. Any love for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m a big fan, used they’re a lot cheaper ! But JLCs in the flesh are so special, the dials , the hands . I’d like to actually a JLC moon phase into my collection soon.

JLC do make stunning moonphase complications. I used to have a master calendar (the older 39mm model) that I sometimes regret selling. They are on the dressy side, especially the ultra thin, so mine didn't get worn much.

When you think that you can pick up one of these and have a really good holiday for the same money as grey dealers are charging for the OP41 the price actually looks like a bargain.

Craftsman
    When I tried one recently, it was difficult to use the date. It was too small to read.

Lots of love from me, but I'd like it in gold. I'm on the lookout of a gold watch - but need it to look classy. A number of JLC's are on the short list for this.

Blog Entries
    Fantastic. I love moon phase complications.

I've lusted after this since someone on here had one...

Master
    Admittedly a very nice watch but be ready for a shock when you take it in for a service, JLC really load the price and act like nazis when deciding what expensive bits to replace.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysqueek View Post
    When I tried one recently, it was difficult to use the date. It was too small to read.
    I have the Reverso version of this, which has the same moonphase/date subdial. I agree about reading the date. FWIW it's only impossible to read the date when the hand is over the moonphase opening: when it's over the silvered bit it's just really hard to see......

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I also have the same date dial on my Reverso, reading the date is not to bad if the light is ok, tricky in a darkly lit area though.

Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Lots of love here for the model but for me it would have to be the black dial; I know from experience that I don't wear white dialled watches. A very elegant moonphase watch in my opinion.

Had one a while ago and sold it because I couldn’t read the date. That being said it’s still a great watch

Here's my JLC dressed down on a Zenith rubber/kevlar strap.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

It’s 9.3mm thick. So… not an ultra thin, nor even thin, and JLC showing little care or regard for their brand in describing it thus.

I have had the MUT Moon silver dial since 2019 and love it...the new version has various tweaks, the most welcome being a 70 hour power reserve.

I tried on the new blue dial version this afternoon and it's seriously tempting

JLC master ultra thin moon

Quote Originally Posted by Merod View Post
    Lots of love from me, but I'd like it in gold. I'm on the lookout of a gold watch - but need it to look classy. A number of JLC's are on the short list for this.
    A mate had one of these recently, Rolex Cellini 50525, not a moon phase but dual time in rose gold, stunning watch..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    A mate had one of these recently, Rolex Cellini 50525, not a moon phase but dual time in rose gold, stunning watch..
    That is lovely.

I think that one would probably believe it if it had "Jaeger-LeCoultre" on the dial.

Is it just me or are Cellinis getting a bit more attention now that Rolex Rolexes are so hard to get?

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    That is lovely.

I think that one would probably believe it if it had "Jaeger-LeCoultre" on the dial.

Is it just me or are Cellinis getting a bit more attention now that Rolex Rolexes are so hard to get?
    It is lovely, 18k, great complication and looks great on the wrist in a variety of different situations, quite a few Cellini are not to my taste but I liked the 50525.

It was unworn, had stickers and actually had never been sold until my mate got it this week, £12.5k is a lot of money but then its a lot of watch and a good saving over list unlike the stainless..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    It was unworn, had stickers and actually had never been sold until my mate got it this week, £12.5k is a lot of money but then its a lot of watch and a good saving over list unlike the stainless..
    Well done to your mate.

£12.5K seem far from excessive for a gold Rolex dress watch in today's market!

Master
    No experience of the Ultra Thin Moon but have been pleased with my Master Calendar with moon phase since it arrived:

2EFBC2ED-CC5D-40E8-9E23-87C3CF0E3905 by Matt G, on Flickr

Blog Entries
    ^^^ Stunning.

Craftsman
    That’s nice, sheik.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by zen123 View Post
    Here's my JLC dressed down on a Zenith rubber/kevlar strap.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk
    This one

As a counterpoint to the general love, I found it very underwhelming in the flesh. I went to try a Master Ultra Thin Small Seconds, which they didn’t don’t have (or know existed!), but they did have the Moonphase. I’m sure the details are excellent, but I really didn’t find it at all interesting.

There is a Jenni Elle video on the master thin, and it could be summarised as, it’s not a Reverso, and it looks generic.

Before you think I hate this type of watch, I really would like a Patek 5396

Dave

A moon phase complication is something I don't have in my collection, but looking at those pics it's something I should think about adding. I very much dislike Rolex, but that Cellini is simply gorgeous.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Blog Entries
    Nice watch but £8,500? I think not!