closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is 20% discount unachievable now on omega?

Is 20% discount unachievable now on omega?

Hi people, you guys helped me out a few years ago when I was looking at buying a speedmaster and ended up getting a 20% reduced price from a dealer unfortunately that dealer doesn’t stock omega anymore so looking again for a purchase of the new seamaster
    Am I being unrealistic to be looking at 20%? If anyone does know of a ad or has a good relationship with one please message me I’m looking at buying the omega 234.30.41.21.01.001
    Pictured
    [/url]

Swiss Watches Direct have this for £4720 https://www.swisswatchesdirect.co.uk..._seamaster_300
    That’s 15% discount. I am pretty certain there is a thread on here about Omega cracking down on AD discounts, so I would be surprised if you could do better than the above.
    Others might have better leads for you.

Quote Originally Posted by RichS View Post
    Swiss Watches Direct have this for £4720 https://www.swisswatchesdirect.co.uk..._seamaster_300
    That’s 15% discount. I am pretty certain there is a thread on here about Omega cracking down on AD discounts, so I would be surprised if you could do better than the above.
    Others might have better leads for you.
    Are Swisswatchesdirect any good?

No personal experience, but there are a number of threads around here quoting their name. I am sure that some of members have bought from them.

I tried and failed to link a thread, but if you do a search on threads with Swiss watches direct as the search string you will find a number.
    Last edited by RichS; 29th October 2021 at 09:32.

May I suggest Robin Henry watches?

It's recently been set up by a member of this very forum (champagneJames), and he is able to get omegas at 20% off (at least, I think).

I've no connection with the business, but have bought two new omegas this year from them and he's been selling his own watches on tz forever.

https://www.robinhenrywatches.com

This is great

That model has been up on Black Friday or Xmas sales the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    That model has been up on Black Friday or Xmas sales the past few years.
    This is a brand new 2021 model. There are some similarities with the model you are talking about but in the metal the 2021 version is much nicer IMHO

The model you are talking about is the one in the pic next to the one I circled

[QUOTE=ryanb741;5863049][/QUOTE
    ]
    This looks promising

Anyone have any experience with the retailer on Chrono24? https://www.watchesworld.com/about/

Yes I bought from them last year and they were absolutely fine. Slight delay of about 5 weeks IIRC but ok other than that.

Hi people, many thanks for everyone’s help I have just done a deal with a brick and mortar shop so don’t need any more suggestions many thanks everyone

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    This is a brand new 2021 model. There are some similarities with the model you are talking about but in the metal the 2021 version is much nicer IMHO

The model you are talking about is the one in the pic next to the one I circled
    Ah, my bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Balance wheel View Post
    Hi people, many thanks for everyone’s help I have just done a deal with a brick and mortar shop so don’t need any more suggestions many thanks everyone
    What deal did you get if you don't mind me asking as I may be buying one of these today as well

What deal did you get if you don't mind me asking as I may be buying one of these today as well
    20% I know the Chrono24 is cheaper but this is on the high street, I can’t say who and like most places won’t say on email or phone, it was only because I have a business with a website that they ended up saying on the phone otherwise it would have been a case of going into the store

Quote Originally Posted by Thom4711 View Post

It's recently been set up by a member of this very forum (champagneJames), and he is able to get omegas at 20% off (at least, I think).

I've no connection with the business, but have bought two new omegas this year from them and he's been selling his own watches on tz forever.

Thanks for this, I’ll request a quote. Visited the OB in the Trafford Centre this afternoon, after reading people’s experiences trying to get discounts I didn’t hold out much hope. I’m after a black dialled diver 300 on rubber now want it on deployant having seen it today. Was offered about 5/6% off and decided to come away and shop around, very glad I did now if Robin Henry help.

Edit; first time in the centre’s Tudor store today, brilliant selection and first time up close with the various models. More than helpful staff, friendly (not pushy) and would’ve been more than happy for me try whatever I wanted on, despite my telling them I’d just visited the OB and hadn’t managed a deal. No chrono’s, was advised there’s an 18 month wait for them.

Jon
    Last edited by FellBasher; 29th October 2021 at 17:52.

Anyone have any experience with the retailer on Chrono24? https://www.watchesworld.com/about/
    Three times this year I’ve clicked to buy something from their website. Every time a message has popped up saying that someone else has added it to their basket and telling me to check availability with them. Every time that request has been ignored so, on that basis, I won’t be wasting my time with them again.

Quote Originally Posted by FellBasher View Post
    Thanks for this, I’ll request a quote. Visited the OB in the Trafford Centre this afternoon, after reading people’s experiences trying to get discounts I didn’t hold out much hope. I’m after a black dialled diver 300 on rubber now want it on deployant having seen it today. Was offered about 5/6% off and decided to come away and shop around, very glad I did now if Robin Henry help.

Edit; first time in the centre’s Tudor store today, brilliant selection and first time up close with the various models. More than helpful staff, friendly (not pushy) and would’ve been more than happy for me try whatever I wanted on, despite my telling them I’d just visited the OB and hadn’t managed a deal. No chrono’s, was advised there’s an 18 month wait for them.

Jon
    Actually james at Robin Henry was great and did give me the best out of everyone I emailed, It was actually £150 cheaper than the price I’m getting but I’m getting mine tomorrow and it’s a shop

I emailed James having read the thread, he’s replied already and on the case for me tomorrow! The visit to the extremely busy Trafford Centre (and extra hour in painful M6 traffic) was useful today as I finally decided on the colour and discovered I wasn’t a fan of the bracelet. The deployant strap version, to me, is just fantastic and the option I’m going for.

Can anyone give me the model No. for this specific version please? Black dial, black rubber with deployant. Even the team in the OB couldn’t give me a firm price, maybe not a standard option? Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Danstone View Post
    Three times this year I’ve clicked to buy something from their website. Every time a message has popped up saying that someone else has added it to their basket and telling me to check availability with them. Every time that request has been ignored so, on that basis, I won’t be wasting my time with them again.
    I think that, like a lot of grey market dealers, their MO is to have a shop window that acts like a kind of wish list, but very few of the watches are actually in stock and they source them once you show that you are serious. Not saying that I agree with the practice, but seems to be the way it works, just as an FYI.

Master
    I emailed James having read the thread, he’s replied already and on the case for me tomorrow! The visit to the extremely busy Trafford Centre (and extra hour in painful M6 traffic) was useful today as I finally decided on the colour and discovered I wasn’t a fan of the bracelet. The deployant strap version, to me, is just fantastic and the option I’m going for.

Can anyone give me the model No. for this specific version please? Black dial, black rubber with deployant. Even the team in the OB couldn’t give me a firm price, maybe not a standard option? Jon
    The deployant isn't a standard option as I had this discussion with an Omega Boutique. It's an option they can order at additional cost.

Ah ok thanks. The team today said the actual strap is different? The deployant version doesn’t have the space for the pin at the end of the strap but I got the feeling they felt on the spot a bit and maybe hadn’t been asked this before. Would it be right to say I’m after the watch on standard rubber with an additional deployant to fit it to.

Master
    The deployant comes with its own strap as its different to the pin buckle version. So if you want the deployant you'll need the strap as well.

Master

Jon
    18 month wait?! What a joke. If you want one now I can get you one from where I live and post it - you’ll have to pay VAT on import but it’ll probably work out about the same as buying UK new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I got it really pleased , also tried one the blue version which is a very muted blue not what I was expecting at all but looked in my opinion better for it

Quote Originally Posted by ddm27 View Post
    18 month wait?! What a joke. If you want one now I can get you one from where I live and post it - you’ll have to pay VAT on import but it’ll probably work out about the same as buying UK new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks but no, very generous offer. Not in the market for one, just wanted to mention it in case it was helpful to anyone. I ended up speaking with James and buying a Seamaster 300 Diver through Robin Henry Watches.

Well I got it really pleased , also tried one the blue version which is a very muted blue not what I was expecting at all but looked in my opinion better for it
    Looks great! Congratulations, hope you enjoy your new watch. And thanks for the recommend for James, we spoke earlier.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thom4711 View Post

James is a true HERO

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    James is a true HERO
    +1 for James. Sorted me a Seamaster at a great price.

Master
    After reading this I've asked James about a 210.30.42.20.04.001. that's the white dial seamaster. He's come back with a fraction under 20% off. Very good.

Well the answer to my question was answered, yes 20% is achievable from shop retailer but probably only if a a small independent and if you go in as they don’t want to comment on email or phone
    But over 20% if only though james on website ordering, couldn't get 20% anywhere else on the web best was 15%
    It’s being a great watch and not disappointed

Well the answer to my question was answered, yes 20% is achievable from shop retailer but probably only if a a small independent and if you go in as they don’t want to comment on email or phone
    But over 20% if only though james on website ordering, couldn't get 20% anywhere else on the web best was 15%
    It’s being a great watch and not disappointed
    Very handsome watch, I do like the 300s

It’s surprisingly how similar the new model is compared to the vintage model

Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    +1 for James. Sorted me a Seamaster at a great price.
    +2 for James at Robin Henry Watches. He supplied my last 3 Omega's

Sent from my SM-G998B using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Yes I'm deliberating for the weekend but feel pretty sure I'll buy from James. Just trying to decide, strap or bracelet. It's intended to be a keeper and I think will look fabulous on a black strap, but it seems stupid to not buy the bracelet. Especially as I do like bracelets.

Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    Yes I'm deliberating for the weekend but feel pretty sure I'll buy from James. Just trying to decide, strap or bracelet. It's intended to be a keeper and I think will look fabulous on a black strap, but it seems stupid to not buy the bracelet. Especially as I do like bracelets.
    The bracelet really is awesome the taper is fantastic, the only thing that I would change on the watch is that I would have liked the omega text and minutes markers more whiter

Master
    Looks a good bracelet. It's partly the lack of taper on the 300m SMP bracelet that puts me off it. I'd possibly get the uncle Seiko bracelet for it though as that is tapered and looks a good bracelet.

James sounds like the new place to go for Omega, that's good to know and a great port of call for those on the forum. On a related point, I'm assuming James is quite happy for his discounts to be shared openly on an open forum (i.e. no comeback on him or his AD from Omega).

Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    Trying it on a black Perlon strap to see how it adjusts to different straps , saw a fantastic picture of it on a Spector style nato on wus

Picture on nato borrowed from wus

I have it on the brown leather . IMHO it looks best on leather but of course isn't exactly fit to take under water that way. Looks great on that Bond Nato

I have it on the brown leather . IMHO it looks best on leather but of course isn't exactly fit to take under water that way. Looks great on that Bond Nato
    Excellent

Excellent
    It is an absolutely belting watch. Looks vintage and yet when you flip it over it is clearly state of the art. I honestly think it punches above its weight and it wasn't exactly a cheap watch to start with.

It is an absolutely belting watch. Looks vintage and yet when you flip it over it is clearly state of the art. I honestly think it punches above its weight and it wasn't exactly a cheap watch to start with.
    Totally agree, I’m very happy with it I think we brought it at the right time with the 20% off and looking likely that omega will price increase again in December talk of 5%

Totally agree, I’m very happy with it I think we brought it at the right time with the 20% off and looking likely that omega will price increase again in December talk of 5%
    Well done

I only got 9.5% off mine as the missus wants a Pink Rolex OP36 and I needed to get the Omega at a specific AD to facilitate the OP purchase. Shame as I'd have asked James or gone via C24 otherwise as that's a nice saving and I feel Omega discounts will get ever harder.

Master
    Well done

I only got 9.5% off mine as the missus wants a Pink Rolex OP36 and I needed to get the Omega at a specific AD to facilitate the OP purchase. Shame as I'd have asked James or gone via C24 otherwise as that's a nice saving and I feel Omega discounts will get ever harder.
    That looks very nice on brown leather Ryan, how is the lume in he dark? I am a sucker for omega and lume on the bezel.

Quote Originally Posted by shoppy View Post
    That looks very nice on brown leather Ryan, how is the lume in he dark? I am a sucker for omega and lume on the bezel.
    Lume is very good although very 'modern Omega' so by that I mean blue indices, hour hand and bezel numbers and green minute hand and bezel pip. So that would be pretty much up there as far as superb modern lume goes but it isn't quite in keeping with the vintage theme. I like it but other people may find it a bit paradoxical.

Pic from an online review below;

Master
    Just bumping to say I did order a SMP from James robin Henry watches, it arrived yesterday safe and sound. James was great all through and I'd recommend him.

Craftsman
    It’s surprisingly how similar the new model is compared to the vintage model

Wow , thats seen some use.
    Is it your if you dont mind me asking, and the year it is ?
    Still looks fab with its years of use showing.