closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: CWC Ltd Edition Pilot Chrono

Craftsman

CWC Ltd Edition Pilot Chrono

Fancy one of these, but when did they get that expensive???

https://www.cwcwatch.com/products/cw...39455469830230

£5K - WOW! Could get a new or nearly new speedie on bracelet for that.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

CWC Ltd Edition Pilot Chrono

I paid less than half for an original issued version (same dial) in late 2019
    It’s a stupid and unrealistic price.

If anyone wants mine for £4994.99 just PM me……
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 27th October 2021 at 15:45.

Craftsman
    Yes, I had to laugh too!!! A Rolex Explorer 1 is only £100 more expensive and it comes with a bracelet!
    I had a feeling that this would be expensive. I have the 'old' CWC reissue and an issued Hamilton. I did some comparison pics when I had the Newmark reissue. I must post them incase there of interest to anybody.

Holy funk!!! The was me thinking the £5k that popped up briefly a few months ago was just a placeholder glitch.

Umm, yeah, superb watch but not at that price.

To think I sold my previous CWC Piilots Chrono reissue for just over £1k, what a mistaka to maka.

Master
    Just received the e-mail as I registered my interest with them some time ago, but not at that price thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Boxsash View Post
    I have the 'old' CWC reissue and an issued Hamilton. I did some comparison pics when I had the Newmark reissue. I must post them incase there of interest to anybody.
    I did similar a few months ago

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...the-real-thing

Craftsman
    Nice watches. You beat me to it with the comparison. Here are the two I still have the Hamilton is 1972. Love the gilt numerals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by klunk View Post
    Just received the e-mail as I registered my interest with them some time ago, but not at that price thanks
    Same here. Was really looking forward to this as well

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

There may well be just 100 pieces but it’ll take a while to flog them at that price. How long did it take them to offload their previous limited CWC chrono? It took at least a couple of years and they were less than half the price of this one. I’ll stick with my Meca-quartz Newmark for my 6bb kicks for 6% of the CWC.

I was quite excited when I received the email but that excitement turned to disbelief when I saw the price; my immediate thought was that it must be a mistake...

Craftsman
    I quickly scanned the e-mail and thought it said £2k which seemed about right, can't believe it is actually £5k, when an original is about half that. Just read through the threads posted above which are really informative. I have one of the last CWC 82's as well as a 73 Hamilton. I love the booming 7733 movement which is worth paying for but not £5k. As said above it will take quite a while to shift 100 of these at that price.

They’ll never sell 100 of those at £5k. Be lucky if they sell ten.

Does anyone else think that the quartz cwc is expensive for £250? And if you want the date it's an extra £75.

Quote Originally Posted by amcneill View Post
    Does anyone else think that the quartz cwc is expensive for £250? And if you want the date it's an extra £75.

Not really, where can you find a watch with such history for £250? That said I still remember G10s at £75 a pop not too long ago. (<4 years)

[QUOTE=Sinnlover;5861986]Not really, where can you find a watch with such history for £250? That said I still remember G10s at £75 a pop not too long ago. (
    Attachment 18909
    Last edited by amcneill; 27th October 2021 at 20:46.

I sold a basic mountain bike in the late 80s to a pal and later that same day found this at antiques fair in N Yorkshire. Happy with the way that turned out. Issued in 1970 and keeping very good time.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Master
    I was hoping these wouldn’t cost much more than £2k but £5k is somewhat ambitious. I’d be thinking about the Siduna chrono for a similar look at less than a quarter of the price.

Looks as though they've sold 10 already, get panic buying folks.

Craftsman
    They seem to keep finding old movements and then re-releasing as a limited edition. Is this the only one with a display back though? Not sure that is a good thing on this type of watch!

[QUOTE=amcneill;5861992]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Not really, where can you find a watch with such history for £250? That said I still remember G10s at £75 a pop not too long ago. (
    Attachment 18909
    I know, it was only few years ago that a friend asked for advice for an investment piece & i advised him to buy as many G10's as he could find (around £40-50 each back then)

Glad i snapped up my birth year issued one earlier this year, although it did take me 1.5 years to find one i liked & was at the right price. Must admit, they're hard to come by, but they're still not £5k fine & rare, not even the real issued ones, let alone some well marketed remakes!

Here along with another 1980 issued CWC:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by levkov View Post
    I know, it was only few years ago that a friend asked for advice for an investment piece & i advised him to buy as many G10's as he could find (around £40-50 each back then)
    Good advice. Thing is, I can't think why they've shot up. They are not now and never were in short supply.

Late to the party on this thread as I’ve only just spotted these on the CWC website. Seems to be the way of the watch world, price them high and see if people bite. It’s working with other brands.

That price is twice what I expected, and even £2500 seemed to be pushing it.

Journeyman
    I couldn’t believe the price either, I really wanted one and had signed up for when they were back in stock, but £5k is bananas.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

These have been showing as out of stock for over a week now

Maybe there weren't as many as they stated. Inflate interest for their other products? Or maybe they sold via a private WhatsApp group? ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    Think they were releasing in batches....? Maybe the first lot have gone.

Quote Originally Posted by amcneill View Post
    Think they were releasing in batches....? Maybe the first lot have gone.

Could be, I noticed 10 went straight away as 90 were available for a few days. That theory makes sense I think.

They sold out of Mellor 72 watches and following an email I sent to them I got a reply stating that the first lot had sold and would be a while before new stock arrived.It makes business sense doing it this way - you don't have money tied up and can predict demand better.Lots of bigger names announce numbered limited editions but don't fulfill the order...

Last edited by amcneill; 18th November 2021 at 11:29.

The price here is mad, for £5k you can buy at least 2, if not 3 chronographs with better specification, story, heritage and everything. Genuinely issued ones, for instance, instead of buying a non-issued "wannabe" military one.
    A shocking attempt at cashing in, it shocks me that these sell at this price level.
    D

Seems utter madness to me. Looks a nice watch, but nothing special to justify even 1/5 of that price in my mind.

Mind you, that could be applied to other watches and brands.

Craftsman
    Well, I struck lucky with a Smiths Monopusher so don't need one of these anymore. Still wouldn't say no to one though, but no way at that money.

Craftsman
    Just looked at Silvermans and it says 'email me when available' so I guess they are been made in batches. 100 of these 5K thats half a million quid of watches. Thats a lot to shift at that price.