closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: “Pop-up” shop? Or alternative commercial options?

“Pop-up” shop? Or alternative commercial options?

There seems to be a large unmet demand for Eddie’s watches, and in one of the threads someone suggested a “pop-up” shop. What a good idea!

Personally speaking I’d love see the current Timefactors range in the flesh, and it might encourage sales from those who are sat on the fence. No doubt the TZ fan base would travel far and wide to see the watches (and purchase them).

Now I fully understand that this might be a pain in the backside for our esteemed host, but Eddie have you ever approached a local jeweller to see if a suitable deal could be struck?

Or just bring a job lot of watches to a GTG sometime!

(Apologies if this has been done to death before).

Maybe a stall at the Birmingham watch fair?
    Cheers..
    Jase

Given that Eddie can only cope with existing demand by opening the online shop for 10 minutes every two weeks...

I love the idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Given that Eddie can only cope with existing demand by opening the online shop for 10 minutes every two weeks...
    They watches would be lovely to see in person but agree with Tony here. Coupled with the fact that Eddie's been trading online since 1996 successfully, a retail offering seems like a backwards step – when retailers are moving into the online space, from the high street.

Add jeweller mark-ups and great value quality watches no longer become great value.

A watch fair booth could work though.

Given that there's already 'a large unmet demand for Eddie’s watches' I'm not entirely convinced he would welcome more demand.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Given that there's already 'a large unmet demand for Eddie’s watches' I'm not entirely convinced he would welcome more demand.

R
    Yes, and no. The main limiting factor is the number he can ship in a limited timeframe before the funds are refunded to the customer.
    He would have no difficulty in selling 100 watches a day if the customer left with the watch (and if he had the stock).
    It would also allow him to sell other products, stock that cannot get sold because of the high demand on other items and the limited time the shop remains open.

Whether Eddie wants to do that is of course an entirely different matter
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Yes, and no. The main limiting factor is the number he can ship in a limited timeframe before the funds are refunded to the customer.
    He would have no difficulty in selling 100 watches a day if the customer left with the watch (and if he had the stock).
    It would also allow him to sell other products, stock that cannot get sold because of the high demand on other items and the limited time the shop remains open.

Whether Eddie wants to do that is of course an entirely different matter
    This. An occasional pop-up Timefactors event would sell loads of watches, and reduce frustrations / workload on the Sunday on-line sales.

Eddie could also sell autographed photos of mods on scooters, along with foam “ban-hammers” and copies of the current “ze list”

“Pop-up” shop? Or alternative commercial options?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post

Eddie could also sell autographed photos of mods on scooters, along with foam “ban-hammers” and copies of the current “ze list”
    I think he should also have a YouTube channel, a Yorkshire version of The Grey Market or Timepiece Gentleman, filmed from a Sheffield shed presented by a toned Eddie in a muscle hugging Timefactors T-shirt playing the Anthony Farrar or Roman Sharf lead role.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BillyCasper; 27th October 2021 at 14:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    This. An occasional pop-up Timefactors event would sell loads of watches, and reduce frustrations / workload on the Sunday on-line sales.

I think an element of frustration and longing is part and parcel of any good pastime.

If you don't want wait for a watch there are still plenty of options. Goldsmiths, for example, had a lot of them in their window the last time I walked past.

I waited the best part of 13 years for one of Eddie's Aerowatch chronographs, it was worth it in the end.

Apprentice
    Part of the appeal of the watch is the difficulty getting one. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Fellini212 View Post
    Part of the appeal of the watch is the difficulty getting one. I wouldn't have it any other way.
    I'm like that with Rolexes, because I've already got one.