closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: “Pop-up” shop? Or alternative commercial options?

  1. #1
    Master Kirk280's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    6,861

    “Pop-up” shop? Or alternative commercial options?

    There seems to be a large unmet demand for Eddie’s watches, and in one of the threads someone suggested a “pop-up” shop. What a good idea!

    Personally speaking I’d love see the current Timefactors range in the flesh, and it might encourage sales from those who are sat on the fence. No doubt the TZ fan base would travel far and wide to see the watches (and purchase them).

    Now I fully understand that this might be a pain in the backside for our esteemed host, but Eddie have you ever approached a local jeweller to see if a suitable deal could be struck?

    Or just bring a job lot of watches to a GTG sometime!

    (Apologies if this has been done to death before).

  2. #2
    Grand Master JasonM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cambridgeshire
    Posts
    15,046
    Maybe a stall at the Birmingham watch fair?
    Cheers..
    Jase

  3. #3
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    32,966
    Given that Eddie can only cope with existing demand by opening the online shop for 10 minutes every two weeks...

  4. #4
    Master TheGent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    North West, UK
    Posts
    1,583
    I love the idea


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Given that Eddie can only cope with existing demand by opening the online shop for 10 minutes every two weeks...
    They watches would be lovely to see in person but agree with Tony here. Coupled with the fact that Eddie's been trading online since 1996 successfully, a retail offering seems like a backwards step – when retailers are moving into the online space, from the high street.

    Add jeweller mark-ups and great value quality watches no longer become great value.

    A watch fair booth could work though.

  6. #6
    Given that there's already 'a large unmet demand for Eddie’s watches' I'm not entirely convinced he would welcome more demand.

    R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

  7. #7
    Grand Master Saint-Just's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ashford, Kent
    Posts
    24,430
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Given that there's already 'a large unmet demand for Eddie’s watches' I'm not entirely convinced he would welcome more demand.

    R
    Yes, and no. The main limiting factor is the number he can ship in a limited timeframe before the funds are refunded to the customer.
    He would have no difficulty in selling 100 watches a day if the customer left with the watch (and if he had the stock).
    It would also allow him to sell other products, stock that cannot get sold because of the high demand on other items and the limited time the shop remains open.

    Whether Eddie wants to do that is of course an entirely different matter
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

  8. #8
    Master Kirk280's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    6,861
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Yes, and no. The main limiting factor is the number he can ship in a limited timeframe before the funds are refunded to the customer.
    He would have no difficulty in selling 100 watches a day if the customer left with the watch (and if he had the stock).
    It would also allow him to sell other products, stock that cannot get sold because of the high demand on other items and the limited time the shop remains open.

    Whether Eddie wants to do that is of course an entirely different matter
    This. An occasional pop-up Timefactors event would sell loads of watches, and reduce frustrations / workload on the Sunday on-line sales.

    Eddie could also sell autographed photos of mods on scooters, along with foam “ban-hammers” and copies of the current “ze list”

  9. #9

    “Pop-up” shop? Or alternative commercial options?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post

    Eddie could also sell autographed photos of mods on scooters, along with foam “ban-hammers” and copies of the current “ze list”
    I think he should also have a YouTube channel, a Yorkshire version of The Grey Market or Timepiece Gentleman, filmed from a Sheffield shed presented by a toned Eddie in a muscle hugging Timefactors T-shirt playing the Anthony Farrar or Roman Sharf lead role.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BillyCasper; 27th October 2021 at 14:13.

  10. #10
    Master raysablade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    5,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    This. An occasional pop-up Timefactors event would sell loads of watches, and reduce frustrations / workload on the Sunday on-line sales.

    Eddie could also sell autographed photos of mods on scooters, along with foam “ban-hammers” and copies of the current “ze list”
    I think an element of frustration and longing is part and parcel of any good pastime.

    If you don't want wait for a watch there are still plenty of options. Goldsmiths, for example, had a lot of them in their window the last time I walked past.

    I waited the best part of 13 years for one of Eddie's Aerowatch chronographs, it was worth it in the end.

  11. #11
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6
    Part of the appeal of the watch is the difficulty getting one. I wouldn't have it any other way.

  12. #12
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NW Leics
    Posts
    6,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Fellini212 View Post
    Part of the appeal of the watch is the difficulty getting one. I wouldn't have it any other way.
    I'm like that with Rolexes, because I've already got one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information