closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: I did on TZ/SC what I have always told my kids NOT to do !!! (boys toys).

I did on TZ/SC what I have always told my kids NOT to do !!! (boys toys).

For a couple of years now I have been fancying another motor bike but my wife wasent keen on the idea she said "there dangerous and your passed it" :) and to be honest deep down I agreed with her.

But I wanted a man toy to play with while I am still able to play with big boys toys.

Two weeks ago on the TZ/SC up popped a MR2 at a price I could swing, i'm not a car guy as such, all I normally want is something reliable, looks half decent and does what I want it to when I want it to, my daily drive is a 10 year old Toyota estate, touch wood it has never failed me.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...-77k-Black-FSH

But it looked nice (a friend has a MX5 which he enjoys and I was a bit envious of) and I liked the look of it and reading the add full service history, ok ish photos and soon to be 13 months MOT at a decent price being sold by a forum regular so bugger it I got in touch with Martyn and deal done.

A couple of TZ pms, one phone call, deposit paid a few texts and after Martyn had MOT'd it I paid in full a couple of days before I fetched it, bare in mind at this point I dident know Martyn from Adam and had only seen the photo's in the add in SC.

If one of my kids had paid in full for a car without having seen it I would of told them they were stupid.

For me the TZ, SC, trust thing played a big part in my decision as most things offered up in the SC are from honest regular good guys like Martyn and if there not the so called forum police call them out, many members of TZ do help to make the SC a safe place to visit, thanks.

Thanks Martyn the car seems better than expected and performed perfectly on the 140 return trip home, my son was impressed :)

[QUOTE=TheTigerUK;5859940

For me the TZ, SC, trust thing played a big part in my decision as most things offered up in the SC are from honest regular good guys like Martyn and if there not the so called forum police call them out, many members of TZ do help to make the SC a safe place to visit, thanks.

...[/QUOTE]

Hear hear!

Enjoy the MR2, great fun when I had one of these. Handles like a go kart and reliable, there's quite an active forum with meetups in the UK so worth a look.

Master
    The day we can’t impulse buy we should give up.
    Steve

Blog Entries
    Nice!!!!!! Drive it in good health!

Menno

Congratulations! We had a very similar one in our household for a good few years and have many great memories of touring about in it. Arrival of kids and and my wife's surgery on her left leg forced us to look for cars with more seats and less clutches so, unfortunately, it had to go. If you haven't found it yet, MR2ROC.org is (or at least was) a great forum and community for all things Roadster.

Hope you get as much pleasure out of yours as we did out of ours!

David

Master
    These are great cars. I did exactly the same as you, only on MR2ROC. Travelled the length of the country to get it and wasn’t disappointed. Mine was slightly fettled with a TTE turbo and some track bits. If you do Facebook then there are good groups in there too. I still miss that car, it became a kitchen when we moved house!

Great buy, if I'd not been skint etc etc. IMO the best looking of the three MR2 models and I think will be an appreciating classic.

Good health to drive and enjoy !

Master
    Blog Entries
    I can fully understand how you bought this car blind - I nearly went for it too!

Looks great. At that price I don't think you were taking too much of a risk.