closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Longines Spirit

Master

Longines Spirit

Any owners out there that have a 40mm and a wrist shot please. I've a large wrist but don't like the chopped off 3 on the 42s. Just a little worried that the 40mm may be too small for me but sometimes watches seem to wear larger or at least the same as their dimensions. Any help gratefully received :0)

Master
    May not be much help but I tried a 40 on my small wrist and it suited fine so maybe not so good on a larger wrist!

Master
    A 40mm watch will look fine to 99% of the worlds population. If you worry about the difference between a 40mm and 42mm one then in all honesty you are working yourself up over nothing.

Just buy it and relax.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    A 40mm watch will look fine to 99% of the worlds population. If you worry about the difference between a 40mm and 42mm one then in all honesty you are working yourself up over nothing.

Just buy it and relax.
    Not worked up, just "a little worried"...

For what it's worth, after trying it on wrist, I thought the relatively long lugs were making it wear slightly larger than a "classic" 40mm pilot

Blog Entries
    Here's a shot of a 40mm on my 7.5 inch wrist.

I am the same. Usually prefer a 42mm but can’t be doing with the chopped off 3.

I have a 19cm wrist and the 40mm looked OK. A little smaller but you could easily get use to it.

I would go and try one on but don’t wear a 42mm+ watch as it will look much smaller in comparison

The alternative is to go for the new 42mm titanium version that does not have a date and so has a full 3! Looks the best to me.

I tried one on recently, the 40mm wears pretty large. Typical for Longines, the lugs are very long.

Or get the titanium one: no date!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    Or get the titanium one: no date!

Not for nearly £1k more!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    I tried one on recently, the 40mm wears pretty large. Typical for Longines, the lugs are very long.
    Thanks for that. I did notice the longer lugs and they can make a watch look larger

8in wrist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by redmonaco View Post
    Not for nearly £1k more!!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for that. I did notice the longer lugs and they can make a watch look larger
    Only about £500 more before discount!

Master

8 inch thereabouts

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by maseman View Post

8 inch thereabouts

Looks perfect!!! :0)

Now the hunt for a decent discount starts...

I really want to like this...at 40mm it should have been perfect....but why oh why did they have 50mm lug-to-lug! It looks a lot bigger in real life than 40mm would suggest.

Journeyman
    I really want to like this...at 40mm it should have been perfect....but why oh why did they have 50mm lug-to-lug! It looks a lot bigger in real life than 40mm would suggest.
    Just looking at one of these and this is my worry on a 6.75 inch wrist

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Goochie81 View Post
    Just looking at one of these and this is my worry on a 6.75 inch wrist

I tried this on a couple of times. I've got a 6 3/8 in wrist and it was wearable but a touch long in the lugs for me, so in the end I opted for a 38mm Longines Heritage Military instead. I think you'll be ok having a slightly larger wrist than mine. It definitely wears better than the Skin Diver I tried on at the same time...the lugs were huge on that one! The 42mm version is like a dinner plate though in comparison and I don't feel suited to this style of watch where, unlike a diver, most of the diameter is dial.

Journeyman
    I tried this on a couple of times. I've got a 6 3/8 in wrist and it was wearable but a touch long in the lugs for me, so in the end I opted for a 38mm Longines Heritage Military instead. I think you'll be ok having a slightly larger wrist than mine. It definitely wears better than the Skin Diver I tried on at the same time...the lugs were huge on that one! The 42mm version is like a dinner plate though in comparison and I don't feel suited to this style of watch where, unlike a diver, most of the diameter is dial.
    Cheers for this. Yes also looking at the 42 chronograph. 42 diver works with the bezel but all face and long lugs - not so sure. Thanks again!

Finally tried the titanium version of this today. Quite liked it but not enough. I was thinking this might be my next purchase but it’s off the list.

Definitely wears on the large side of true-to-size. The bracelet doesn’t help in that regard. The titanium construction makes it very light which is really fun but doesn’t take away from the dimensions.

The applied arabics are also quite large and that really adds to the visual impact / wrist presence. Neither of which are things I look for in a watch.

I also tried an IWC spitfire. Much better proportioned but the price and the selective application of aged lume put me off. Ended up trying a BB58 blue… it was excellent, I loved it. I usually try to avoid the more obvious choices but it really sang. The only other watches on my radar at the moment are the Oris pointer date 403 and a used MkXVI. They would have to be pretty special to beat the BB58.