closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Timespec at Gray’s Antique

Craftsman

Timespec at Gray’s Antique

Anyone here got any experience with Timespec at Gray’s?

I went into Gray’s Antique Market to have a mooch and found the guy there very rude and quite clueless. I don’t know if he was having a bad day but I politely tried to engage him in conversation and asked to see an Omega Dynamic Chronograph he had on display, he told me it was £2,800 (ludicrously high without bracelet!), he handed it over, then snapped at me and took the watch back when I pressed the chrono pusher because apparently I wasn’t allowed. I apologised and said I didn’t know he didn’t want me to do that and he then said, “are you serious? Are you going to buy that watch?” I said well I could buy it but you’ve priced it far too high! Clearly he didn’t like that.

I then asked him what movement was in a Heuer Chrono he had on display and he told me, “don’t ask me about movements, don’t talk to me about that, if you wanna know about movements google it”.

I obviously did something to upset him, but thought I’d just relay my experience here in case anyone here has had similar dealings or perhaps better experiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Sounds like a complete arse! Stay away - there will be other places that will offer a competitive price and a much nicer overall experience.
    I can’t stand places that treat customers like that.

Master
    I’m close to there today, might nip in, it sounds very entertaining.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    haha please let me know if you have a better experience!!

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    Be sure to play with the Omega’s pushers and ask about the Heuer movement. ;-)

It's been years since I've been to Gray's Market but this looks like a good forum game. I'll put it on my list for my next trip to London.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by HookedSeven View Post
    Be sure to play with the Omega’s pushers and ask about the Heuer movement. ;-)
    Hahahah brilliant

Master
    Are they ones by the door? Or the ones towards the back on the left? I was underwhelmed by the latter a few years ago, they priced high and seemed unenthused at having to show any watches

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by NickRed71 View Post
    Are they ones by the door? Or the ones towards the back on the left? I was underwhelmed by the latter a few years ago, they priced high and seemed unenthused at having to show any watches

The ones towards the back on the left yep. Glad to hear it’s not just me! The guy seemed furious at having to do his job and actively clueless about the watches he was selling. Think he might be in the wrong job.

The one immediately to the left of the door are Second Time Round and the guy there is great. Shame he had literally sold every watch he had when I was there hahah

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by axb601 View Post
    The ones towards the back on the left yep. Glad to hear it’s not just me! The guy seemed furious at having to do his job and actively clueless about the watches he was selling. Think he might be in the wrong job.

The one immediately to the left of the door are Second Time Round and the guy there is great. Shame he had literally sold every watch he had when I was there hahah

It has been at least 10 yrs since i was last in there and agree back then and good to here Second Time Round are still as good as ever spent a few quid with them in the past but i am surprised that the guy at the back if it up the same one is still there he was a miserable so and so back then.Think the last time i was there i had a coffee with Jedly and the watch guy from Bonhams and picked up a Kermit flat four that Jedly had brought from Australia oh those were the days
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Anyone here got any experience with Timespec at Gray’s?

I went into Gray’s Antique Market to have a mooch and found the guy there very rude and quite clueless. I don’t know if he was having a bad day but I politely tried to engage him in conversation and asked to see an Omega Dynamic Chronograph he had on display, he told me it was £2,800 (ludicrously high without bracelet!), he handed it over, then snapped at me and took the watch back when I pressed the chrono pusher because apparently I wasn’t allowed. I apologised and said I didn’t know he didn’t want me to do that and he then said, “are you serious? Are you going to buy that watch?” I said well I could buy it but you’ve priced it far too high! Clearly he didn’t like that.

I then asked him what movement was in a Heuer Chrono he had on display and he told me, “don’t ask me about movements, don’t talk to me about that, if you wanna know about movements google it”.

I obviously did something to upset him, but thought I’d just relay my experience here in case anyone here has had similar dealings or perhaps better experiences.

He’s obviously an Arsenal fan…😂👍

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    It's been years since I've been to Gray's Market but this looks like a good forum game. I'll put it on my list for my next trip to London.
    Those partaking in the game should clearly reference the specific Heuer model name and reference number and movement type in this thread, then with enough participants the shopkeeper’s suggestion to use google will eventually result in this thread being the top result when one does.
    Last edited by HookedSeven; 23rd October 2021 at 09:03.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    Next time I visit London, I will take up the Timespec challenge

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by HookedSeven View Post
    Those partaking in the game should clearly reference the specific Heuer model name and reference number and movement type in this thread, then with enough participants the shopkeeper’s suggestion to use google will eventually result in this thread being the top result when one does.
    I found out it was one of the 1990s Heuer re-editions from the Timespec website.

https://www.timespec.com/heuer/p/tagh-014

Two things about this interest me:

1. Even on his site he’s defined the movement in such glorious detail… “mechanical movement”.

2. He told me in person that the price was £6,500; website says £5,500. I must have reeeeeally upset this guy!

Blog Entries
    2. He told me in person that the price was £6,500; website says £5,500. I must have reeeeeally upset this guy!
    It's been said that it seems likely that many of the people who buy from shops like this will just say "that's nice" and pay the price asked in the shop. See also Burlington Arcade and no doubt other similar locations.