closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Show your Doxa

Thanks! I won’t write it off yet!

I only ever wanted one Doxa, the Sub 1500t Professional.

I finally bought one 3 or 4 years ago at the exact moment that Doxa experienced major supply chain problems for Soprod movements! The result is that I was promised delivery in 2 weeks and the watch finally turned up 5 months later .

It was totally worth the wait.

https://i.imgur.com/sqjYhjS.jpg

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    I only ever wanted one Doxa, the Sub 1500t Professional.

I finally bought one 3 or 4 years ago at the exact moment that Doxa experienced major supply chain problems for Soprod movements! The result is that I was promised delivery in 2 weeks and the watch finally turned up 5 months later .

It was totally worth the wait.

https://i.imgur.com/sqjYhjS.jpg

Simon
    Deserves a proper pic Simon.

Looks lovely.

Cheers,
    Neil.

Grand Master
    Why Doxa used the Soprod A10 movement is beyond me. Absolutely no spares availability or these movements and they don`t have the best track record for reliability. The more I see of Soprod offerings the less I like them. Just had the dubious privilege of servicing one of these that was v. poorly, the movement's OK-ish in a Seiko sort of way (it's a Seiko design) but nothing to rave about. Lack of spares is a big no-no.

Why not use a Sellita 200?.......give me one good reason why?

Just the one Mrs Wembley

Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Master
    For those who have a Tropic rubber strap fitted to their Sub 300 or Sub 300T, can you comment on fitment please specifically at the lugs. For example, does the strap hit the case if you try to lie the watch flat?

I’ve got a Seestern and the lug holes are very close to the actual case making the fitment of some straps a real pain. Yes, they fit but they don’t move freely as they come into contact with the case as soon as they begin to rotate (lie flat).

I’m on the Hunt for a Doxa now and just want to know what to expect as I do think I’d wear the watch on a rubber strap rather than the Bracelet.

Thanks

Craftsman
    I’m debating whether to go for the doxa sub 300 new or do as some suggested and get a seestern equivalent and try that first. I’ve never owned a doxa and not sure how it will sit on my wrist with the large shrouded case.

The problem with getting the seestern first is then have to sell it on when I decide to go for the sub 300 so will have to think it through.

Some really great pics on this thread by the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by markbannister View Post
    Wow. I just noticed the curved crystal on this. That is a lovely piece

Quote Originally Posted by Balance wheel View Post
    Had a bit of a obsession with doxa for a bit , sold quite a lot of them over the years new and vintage
    This is what I’ve got now and can’t see me getting anymore tbh it’s too many I know but can’t bring myself to sell any of this lineup
    I ended up selling the searambler., seahunter , and trying to sell the synchron at the moment, also sold my Seiko tuna, and Seiko sla033,
    I brought the omega seamaster 300 master and also got email in December for the harrods black bay which I picked up which unfortunately sold quickly after only wearing once as a impulse buy on a omega ploprof

Master
    I ended up selling the searambler., seahunter , and trying to sell the synchron at the moment, also sold my Seiko tuna, and Seiko sla033,
    I brought the omega seamaster 300 master and also got email in December for the harrods black bay which I picked up which unfortunately sold quickly after only wearing once as a impulse buy on a omega ploprof
    I enjoyed my Seestern so much Ive got a Sub 300 Professional arriving tomorrow. I was looking for a 50th Anniversary version but they seem thin on the ground. There was one on e bay but I was the underbidder. :-(

Master

Question

Has anyone handled a non-steel (carbon or titanium) Doxa? The titanium models appear rare, and the carbon-cased Doxas seem pricey, so I’m curious what they’re like in reality.

Forgot to post this one up

Craftsman

Master
    Just my trusty 600T left, which will be with me forever - love this watch., needs a service now but having had a another Doxa go missing on it's way to DOXA SA for service I'm loath to send this.

I miss this one as well! (What a mad hobby!)

Very easy to get carried away with these. Really enjoying them though.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by levkov View Post
    That looks perfect, lots of character.

Craftsman
    My one and only Doxa

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Master

Do these count?

Before chinese took over, Doxa had much more to offer than divers

Master
    Blog Entries

Craftsman
    I like the look of a Doxa… what’s the build quality comparable to?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by PSTW View Post
    I like the look of a Doxa… what’s the build quality comparable to?
    You could get a wide array of answers to this one!

I can only answer based on my one and only Doxa experience based on the watch I own which is the retro 1967 Sub300 silverlung Ltd edition reissue

The quality of fit and finish is really good and I have had zero complaints. I would say the case, bracelet and bezel action are excellent but Doxa does not use all the top end materials like in house movements or ceramics and anti magnetic silicon hairsprings and the like but on some models does offer COSC regulated watches.

Based on this, I would say it is obviously not Rolex and Omega level but the next tier down. The mass produced version of the watch I have costs around £2400 to buy and for that model specifically it is well priced for what you get.

In my view you will either 'get' Doxa or not. They are different and quirky

There are some good reviews on Hodinkee, Monochrome and Fratello if you are interested

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    That looks perfect, lots of character.
    Haha thanks; most ppl have different idea about perfect these days, but i see we're on the same page :) Yes indeed, couldn't be any more perfect than this..

Master
    Blog Entries
    Haha thanks; most ppl have different idea about perfect these days, but i see we're on the same page :) Yes indeed, couldn't be any more perfect than this..
    I like to see watches that have been used for the purpose not just stored in a safe. Have you had it long? Did it come with that patina or is that from you? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    I like to see watches that have been used for the purpose not just stored in a safe. Have you had it long? Did it come with that patina or is that from you? ;-)
    Great thinking, that makes at least two of us! I've only had it since December last year. I watched a documentary about Cousteau, next day i did a little research on Doxas, the third day i won a bidding contest on this one at Atkins auctions. Oh and successfully spent my Speedy fund on it.. been doing this for few years, I'm never going to have that damn Speedy! :D Not that i mind much, when i look at this Doxa, or the others i have bought in the meantime for that matter..
    Yes, agree, lovely aged original consistent lume, slightly beaten up case, but no big damage anywhere.. it just needs an original crown & might re-paint the bezel lettering at some point. Even holds time perfectly, within few secs/day

Master
    Blog Entries
    Great thinking, that makes at least two of us! I've only had it since December last year. I watched a documentary about Cousteau, next day i did a little research on Doxas, the third day i won a bidding contest on this one at Atkins auctions. Oh and successfully spent my Speedy fund on it.. been doing this for few years, I'm never going to have that damn Speedy! :D Not that i mind much, when i look at this Doxa, or the others i have bought in the meantime for that matter..
    Yes, agree, lovely aged original consistent lume, slightly beaten up case, but no big damage anywhere.. it just needs an original crown & might re-paint the bezel lettering at some point. Even holds time perfectly, within few secs/day
    It's lovely mate! I missed out on a battered up professional many years ago which was £600! So it's great to see such an amazing watch! Maybe we need a thread on this sort of watch

Quote Originally Posted by sinner77 View Post

Do these count?

Before chinese took over, Doxa had much more to offer than divers
    They're both interesting.

I have a similar jumbo sized dress version.

Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmer42 View Post
    My one and only Doxa

Let know if you want to sell the silverlung as I’m looking for one

Not today’s picture but my second doxa after a professional and this one just feels right

Long gone, but still feeing it...

50th anniversary here

Quote Originally Posted by Wandril View Post
    50th anniversary here
    Lovely. What strap is it on if you don’t mind me asking?

Quote Originally Posted by davida View Post
    Lovely. What strap is it on if you don’t mind me asking?
    Thanks, that’s a nick mankey, very comfortable and keeps it thin on wrist!

Thought I'd brighten things up a bit for the summer

Interestingly I just realised yours has a no deco bezel in meters and not in feet, much more useful!

Interestingly I just realised yours has a no deco bezel in meters and not in feet, much more useful!
    As I understand it, the 300 is in metres whereas the 300T is in ft as that's closer to the original.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    As I understand it, the 300 is in metres whereas the 300T is in ft as that's closer to the original.
    I think the sub300 precedes the T version historically, might just have been in those days a matter of American vs European market?
    Both my searambler and Dave’s are sub300 anyway, the difference being that mine is an anniversary model vs Dave’s being the actual regular production of the sub300

I think the sub300 precedes the T version historically, might just have been in those days a matter of American vs European market?
    Both my searambler and Dave’s are sub300 anyway, the difference being that mine is an anniversary model vs Dave’s being the actual regular production of the sub300
    You may be right, just something I read on the Web, I did contact Doxa about having a 300T fitted with a metres bezel, I've yet to get a reply.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    You may be right, just something I read on the Web, I did contact Doxa about having a 300T fitted with a metres bezel, I've yet to get a reply.
    Was it a long while ago?
    Not all brands are equal on after sales queries and questions for sure… I asked ZRC about spare screwed bars as they’re specific to the brand and the ones on my watch are damaged, 3 months ago, no news…

Worth noting the ring on which the meters/feet are engraved is part of the bezel itself, and the bezel on the 300 and 300T is different (the latter is higher), so might be complicated

Not strictly a Doxa but still got the Doxa cased Synchron Military. Added a shark mesh but think these are made for nato straps.

Sold some but ended up buying a couple more this is what I have at the moment plus a t graph 200

Sold some but ended up buying a couple more this is what I have at the moment plus a t graph 200
    What a great collection. What are your thoughts on the 200t-graph? I ordered one but had to return due to a fault. Will probably order again if they’re still available next year.

What a great collection. What are your thoughts on the 200t-graph? I ordered one but had to return due to a fault. Will probably order again if they’re still available next year.
    I really like the t graph 200t it’s the most vintage like for like copy of any of the modern doxa using the nos vintage 7734 Valjoux it pretty much feels like a true vintage watch , that being said because it is a vintage movement it also feels like it with a stuttering sweep and resetting that sometimes takes a couple of pushes to completely reset the small seconds to zero it’s not going to be for everyone as modern movements feel better refined
    Also the retail price is a big issue

That’s an amazing collection!
    I’d love to find a black lung sharkhunter for myself

That’s an amazing collection!
    I’d love to find a black lung sharkhunter for myself
    There’s one on eBay but it’s a crazy price I did a trade plus 500 my end with aAquadive so basically I paid about £1500