closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Porsche Macan Owners

Porsche Macan Owners

Evening All,

Just looking for some honest feedback on Macan ownership. Probably only looking at the 2 litre option as we have no need for the extra power. It will be my partners car predominantly doing family duties.

Any feedback greatfully recieved!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I've had the Macan SD 3.0 rod over a year now so can't comment on the 2.0.

Overall its up there with the best car, the car previous was a Cayenne and my other car is A 911 991.

I love the Macan , drives like a car. Not a floaty SUV like the Cayenne. Air suspension is excellent.

My only criticism is the boot, its tiny , especially due to the sloping hatch. I have two kids and have had to buy roof racks for the bikes and a roof box for staycations.

Get one with roof rails you'll need them. Like with any Porsche it's all about the options so if buying used , take your time.

Pan roof if lovely, Bose is great.

Check on the macanforums.co.uk
    Some info on there with regard to transfer box failures that’s worth reading
    I also heard of more recent issues with modern Porsche tyre/tracking costs being extortionate as there’s some software that needs “talking to” when tyres/tracking is done- something to do with cameras/lane departure system?
    Stand to be corrected, nice cars to drive.

Just on the transfer box issue, I’ve got a cayenne that’s just had the transfer box replaced FOC, a pal with the same car also had his replaced so don’t let that issue put you off as I understand Porsche are fixing these across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by eagletower View Post
    I've had the Macan SD 3.0 rod over a year now so can't comment on the 2.0.

Overall its up there with the best car, the car previous was a Cayenne and my other car is A 911 991.

I love the Macan , drives like a car. Not a floaty SUV like the Cayenne. Air suspension is excellent.

My only criticism is the boot, its tiny , especially due to the sloping hatch. I have two kids and have had to buy roof racks for the bikes and a roof box for staycations.

Get one with roof rails you'll need them. Like with any Porsche it's all about the options so if buying used , take your time.

Pan roof if lovely, Bose is great.
    Thanks for the feedback. I really liked the idea of the Diesel engine. Then they discontinued it. So petrol it is. Boot I had identified as the weak point. I think we should be ok as I have an estate car for the big family stuff. Next stop is the dealership to see how well car seats fit. Has to have pano and Bose both great options. Thanks for you advice

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Check on the macanforums.co.uk
    Some info on there with regard to transfer box failures that’s worth reading
    I also heard of more recent issues with modern Porsche tyre/tracking costs being extortionate as there’s some software that needs “talking to” when tyres/tracking is done- something to do with cameras/lane departure system?
    Stand to be corrected, nice cars to drive.
    I wasn’t aware of the forum so will check them out, thanks! Also not heard if the above issues so will look in to it. Cheers!

Craftsman
    Ive had a macan gts for 4 years now
    Great car to drive i came from audi rs4 s and 911 s before the macan and its not been a disappointment
    Yes the boots not large but its ok for most days
    Ive not had any issues with tyre fitting or transfer box but the transfer box problem is well documented
    Go on treat yourself

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bought an April 2015 Macan S - D from a Porsche dealer in November 2019, FSH, 55k miles new discs and pads and new front tyres, all seemed good.
    It was a good spec (£10k of extras) pan roof, 21" wheels, PDLS+ (bi-xenons) and more.
    It looked ace in my opinion, all black with tints, painted side blades, black roof rails etc.
    It did drive amazingly well for an SUV, but it wasn't without it's issues, some of which were down to the Porsche dealer...
    After my first wash I noticed really bad pebble dash down the lower sides of the car, wasn't visible on test drive so I don't know how they masked it but I complained and they eventually agreed to a respray of some of these areas.
    Common problem with larger wheels firing stones into the body work it appears.
    Within a month there was terrible jerking when manoeuvring at low speed.
    Transfer case replaced. A common problem but does now appear to be covered under good will by Porsche. Some talk of a modified part but also cases of replacements having to be replaced.
    I also noticed one of the headlight washers wasn't working.
    Headlight washer motor replaced after a month wait for the part to come from Germany.
    Six months in I noticed wet carpet in passenger footwell.
    They cleaned out the sunroof drains but next heavy rainfall I could actually see the water dripping of the lower dashboard onto the carpet.
    They had it back for over three weeks and replaced the whole 'sunroof cassette' to cure the issue.
    Not an uncommon problem when you look into it.
    Numerous rattles from both front doors and the tailgate appeared. The sorted the tailgate with adjustment but kept failing to address the doors.
    It went in for a service January this year, £875 for basically an oil change, which I'd prepared for, it's a Porsche after all.
    Whilst in they replaced the wiper blades for £40 which was ok until the day after when I used the wipers and they hit the A pillar as the highly trained Porsche technician put the long/short blades on the wrong arms.
    I also noticed bubbling paint on the rear brake callipers. Refused to do anything under warranty, not part of the bodywork, not a mechanical issue.
    Then the sunroof made a funny noise when closing, noticed a piece of plastic trim on the glass part had partially detached and was now bent. Replaced under warranty.
    Next up was a check engine light and ad blue system fault light. Had to wait ages to get booked in, but fixed under warranty, ad blue sensor failure.
    I'd also notice the headlights had started to 'craze' which was only going to get worse. I'd seen examples on other Porsches with refusal to replace under warranty as considered 'cosmetic'.
    I'd had enough and recently sold it to another Porsche dealer because I just wanted out.
    I have a friend who had the GTS (2017) and had power steering failure 2 years in, which another OPC (not the one I used) struggled to diagnose and they had it a month before fixing.
    He sold his too.
    Have a look on the Macan forums, find out what the issues are and which OPC's are well regarded.
    I'm not sure if you're a buying new Gen 3, but if so perhaps they've sorted some of the issues out.
    Also, after spending time in the car, I wouldn't buy one with 21" wheels and no air suspension as whilst great on smooth roads it did get pretty crashy on poor surfaces, but you may be able to live with it.