closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Apple Watch 7

Master

Apple Watch 7

Evening folks.

Anyone managed to get one of these? Or is even interested?
    Launched last Friday, ordered on Saturday and delivery is given for around the 16th December!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Series 5 cellular which I use for running and cycling. My previous was a Series 2 which I only upgraded as it got so slow turning on. I would upgrade if it was worth it but at the moment, it doesn't seem necessary. The camera improvements on the iPhones keep me upgrading those.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    I have a Series 5 cellular which I use for running and cycling. My previous was a Series 2 which I only upgraded as it got so slow turning on. I would upgrade if it was worth it but at the moment, it doesn't seem necessary. The camera improvements on the iPhones keep me upgrading those.
    I've only recently returned back to Apple from Samsung. So now have the 13 pro.
    Returned the G Shock smart watch too as it was horrendous, wanted to love it but too glitchy so now I've got that money back I thought I might as well stick with Apple but couldn't actually believe there's a 6 week wait even though it was released less than 24 hours before.

Master
    Don’t talk to me about series 7! Ordered from EE business last week, delivery booked in for Friday lunch time. Got a call from DPD driver at 12.30 - why am I not at home? Turns out EE put a G instead of a D at the end of our postcode, and was one road over. Driver wouldn’t bring it 100m to mine, or allow me to go get it. Off it went back to EE, instead of relabelling and sending back, they give it to someone else. Now been told it’s a 1 month wait for another! Not a happy camper!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    Don’t talk to me about series 7! Ordered from EE business last week, delivery booked in for Friday lunch time. Got a call from DPD driver at 12.30 - why am I not at home? Turns out EE put a G instead of a D at the end of our postcode, and was one road over. Driver wouldn’t bring it 100m to mine, or allow me to go get it. Off it went back to EE, instead of relabelling and sending back, they give it to someone else. Now been told it’s a 1 month wait for another! Not a happy camper!!
    Mate I'd have been fuming. DPD probably just following procedures but frig me just a bit ridiculous when he has your number and you could have shown him ID.

Master

Mate I'd have been fuming. DPD probably just following procedures but frig me just a bit ridiculous when he has your number and you could have shown him ID.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper-sam View Post

Fuming is the right word. Driver did his best - even contacted his depot to get permission. Apparently everything is geotagged, and they wouldn’t allow it. My beef is with EE business - they’ve become absolute crap, and don’t seem to give a rats backside for their customers.
    I’ve now had to reorder (in the colour I didn’t want) in the hope of getting one in 2 weeks.

Master
    Fuming is the right word. Driver did his best - even contacted his depot to get permission. Apparently everything is geotagged, and they wouldn’t allow it. My beef is with EE business - they’ve become absolute crap, and don’t seem to give a rats backside for their customers.
    I’ve now had to reorder (in the colour I didn’t want) in the hope of getting one in 2 weeks.
    You would wonder how they got the postcode wrong in the first place. Surely it's on your account so it's all automated. No human input so to speak.

Having killed my series 3 in the North Sea, I’m keen to get a new one. Was focused on a 6 but have now seen Apple have replaced it with a 7. Had no idea there was a significant wait!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    Having killed by series 3 in the North Sea, I’m keen to get a new one. Was focused in a 6 but have now seen Apple haste replaced it with a 7. Had no idea there was a significant wait!
    It's actually annoying me

Master
    The waits aren’t always as long as quoted. I had a 2 month estimate for the Series 6 but it was here in 3 weeks

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    The waits aren’t always as long as quoted. I had a 2 month estimate for the Series 6 but it was here in 3 weeks
    and I'm checking product availability everyday with the local Apple Store.

Ordered a 41mm - tracking showing as delivery this Thursday.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Manxdiver View Post
    Ordered a 41mm - tracking showing as delivery this Thursday.
    Interesting. Maybe it's just the spec I've gone for.

Master
    Received a base model GPS 45mm S7 in Midnight last Friday direct from Apple and the bigger screen is worth upgrading to alone.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mactrack View Post
    Received a base model GPS 45mm S7 in Midnight last Friday direct from Apple and the bigger screen is worth upgrading to alone.
    That's what I've gone for

Craftsman
    Tried retailers other than Apple directly? Curry’s appear to have certain colours in stock with delivery on Thursday. They are also offering £100 trade in for older Apple watches.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Linc View Post
    Tried retailers other than Apple directly? Curry’s appear to have certain colours in stock with delivery on Thursday. They are also offering £100 trade in for older Apple watches.

It's the red sports band I'm after. Nobody seems to stock that.

Master
    UPDATE - spoke to EE business this morning, now have a green one arriving "within 7 days" Every other colour in 45mm from them has a wait time of "at least 28 days"

Master
    UPDATE - spoke to EE business this morning, now have a green one arriving "within 7 days" Every other colour in 45mm from them has a wait time of "at least 28 days"
    Hopefully second time lucky.

Yay - mine arrived this afternoon. Previously had a 44mm Series 6, but went for the 41mm this time, my thinking being that the larger screen area would be about the same - which I think it is - but the 41mm case is a better fit on my wrist. The leather link strap is really comfortable and effortlessly snaps into place. It's noticeably brighter in standby than the Series 6 (photo). Loving it so far.

Last edited by Manxdiver; 21st October 2021 at 18:54.