closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Pixel 6

Quote Originally Posted by r.dawson View Post
    I've got the black version of the phone. Was thinking between Spigen and official, does it look odd black phone, green case?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    I think so yeah, not sure tbh, makes bezels look slimmer though

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Where are the seconds?

Mine showing

Ah, back on.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Ah, back on.
    Most annoying thing for me is battery doesn't reset when you start charging so sot isn't accurate

Some pics here, straight from cam but in a lightroom folder so Tapatalk doesn't mess

Very impressed with shadow detail and the ultra wide is very good , good start

https://adobe.ly/3jMBSAC

I have only had a short time to play with my 6 Pro but it's fantastic and the camera is as good as I hoped.

One odd issue is that the phone won't charge with either of my Huawei fast chargers so it is charging through my laptop for now. I expected any charger to work so not sure what the issue is as I hoped to avoid buying another charger.

Mine works with my Anker cables and even an iPhone brick.

Battery 6/10, no idea how much sot as battery app.doesnt reset when charging starts, Google trying to annoy the battery stazi it's getting me to 5pm with 10% starting 6am

Craftsman
    Received my P6 today, not had a chance to play around with it yet, but from a size perspective on first impressions it seems fine.

I must say I'm not overly impressed by the build & packaging standards, it was dusty inside the pack and the lines running along the edges are marked and don't look to be printed at perfect 90 degree angles.

Will report back as I've had an opportunity to set it up and play around.

Journeyman
    Been using mine since yesterday and it's settling in nicely, no issues with the fingerprint, it's all been quite pleasant to use so far. As noted by someone else it's a slippery swine, sliding about when trying to rest it on my leg, but a case and a coating of grease and sawdust in the workshop will solve that

Yeah I hate cases never use one on this though it's a must

Quote Originally Posted by Seang View Post
    Been using mine since yesterday and it's settling in nicely, no issues with the fingerprint, it's all been quite pleasant to use so far. As noted by someone else it's a slippery swine, sliding about when trying to rest it on my leg, but a case and a coating of grease and sawdust in the workshop will solve that
    I was totally with you on the case, but grease and sawdust? What devilry is this?

Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    Some pics here, straight from cam but in a lightroom folder so Tapatalk doesn't mess

Very impressed with shadow detail and the ultra wide is very good , good start

https://adobe.ly/3jMBSAC

Impressive performance from a phone camera. Sounds like the weaker area on the camera is portrait shots.

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Impressive performance from a phone camera. Sounds like the weaker area on the camera is portrait shots.
    Because Tele photot not available I think, they'll probably change that

Journeyman
    Yeah I hate cases never use one on this though it's a must

LA
    a case is always the first thing I get 😀 and it's saved the phone many times when it's fallen off the bench

Journeyman
    I was totally with you on the case, but grease and sawdust? What devilry is this?
    Lol. I know, not at the same time. But it will be next to the table saw or the milling machine at some point

Tap on a notification on AOD and to then open it fully it opens the password page no open for fingerprint which is annoying

Craftsman
    Set up the P6, very nice interface and usability so far.

Size is ok, phone is snappy as described by all, but the finger print scanner, ugh, it's so slow and requires a good long firm press, with varied results. I can recall P3 being much snappier to unlock it with the back of the phone fingerprint. I just wish they carried over the facial recognition from the P4.

When my phone is locked and AOD is showing new notifications just buzz but they don't flash up as to what the message was. Bit annoying, need to see if there's a setting to change that.

Does anyone else have this date and weather configuration? I can't figure out how to get rid or change the settings. Doesn't behave how it did on my pixel 5

I can't figure it out. I can turn off the "at a glance" feature but I can't move or delete that clock.

I can however make a new widget also called "at a glance" under the Google heading and that gives me the old style. But I can't have that on my default home screen, only additional home screens.

First pic is my main home screen. Second the one I'm able to make on any subsequent home screen.

Like the search bar at the bottom, I'm sure they are fixed

I've got the 6 on order with an expected delivery sometime mid November, reading all of the real user's experience and niggly gripes with it I'm tempted to cancel the order as I really do like my 4a 5g.
    I'll give it a week and see how the how the updates go.

Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    I've got the 6 on order with an expected delivery sometime mid November, reading all of the real user's experience and niggly gripes with it I'm tempted to cancel the order as I really do like my 4a 5g.
    I'll give it a week and see how the how the updates go.
    Remember, threads like this and XDA or FB groups are a small micro world of dedicated phone geeks mainly, out in the real world things are not the same. Every new phone will have quirks and even hardware issues , the 5 remember had a massive issue with the screen coming off the phone, yet you still like it now, as I did.

The P6 is a superb phone

In fact, there were loads of issues with the 4 and 5 in the forum's, poor signal, calls dropping , speakers , screen coming off, loads, most died down and software fixes sorted it

Remember, threads like this and XDA or FB groups are a small micro world of dedicated phone geeks mainly, out in the real world things are not the same. Every new phone will have quirks and even hardware issues , the 5 remember had a massive issue with the screen coming off the phone, yet you still like it now, as I did.

The P6 is a superb phone

In fact, there were loads of issues with the 4 and 5 in the forum's, poor signal, calls dropping , speakers , screen coming off, loads, most died down and software fixes sorted it

Hopefully everything gets sorted before mine gets dispatched. My 4a5g has been faultless since day one, but where I live everyone suffers with poor signal and dropped calls whichever network they're on.

I've had them all since the 3 mate, they all have issues which take some time to tweet with updates but I'm as I'm pressed with A12 as I am the phone tbh.

It's a superb piece of hardware that isn't perfect, that's my take, tbh I'm always blown away by how good Apple phones are so not a fanboi, just have to use Google home and work .

This is best phone Google have made imo

See, look here, it's easy to forget the early probs all phones have, as they get sorted, most of the time

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dig...roblems/%3famp

Last edited by Daveya.; 31st October 2021 at 09:31.

Unless I can work out what's up with using my Huawei chargers, I am probably going to have to buy a Google charger. At the moment I can only charge my P6 Pro through the USBC on a laptop or use the 130w Dell USBC laptop charger, both are slow and take hours for a full charge. I don't really understand why the phone doesn't accept any charger that is capable of putting out 30w. Anyone else found similar issues?

The camera is better than I expected, I would buy the P6 Pro for this alone if this is what matters to you. It really is superb and will only get better. I preferred the camera in my Huawei P30 Pro over both the Samsung S20 Ultra and Note 20 Ultra, both of which I sold, but the Pixel is on a different level to the Huawei.

Is anyone using a genuine Google case on their phone? I prefer a light/thin case and wonder if it is worth waiting a few weeks for, or should just buy a Spigen or Caseology. I have bought a £5 cheapie until any of these become available in mid-Nov.

If you want a light/thin case the Spigen Air is generally very good. Had one on my last few phones but went transparent this time.

Spigen Liquid Air Case Compatible with Pixel 6 Pro - Matte Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0964H8H...M370BCQX1BJ38X

On the charging front I would have a look at Anker. I only use the separate 30W charger from Google when I want the 30W fast charge. 90% of the time when I charge my phone - fast or otherwise - I just use Anker. Cheaper and more durable. For overnight charge I use an Anker cable with a 5W Apple brick but I'll use anything nearby, even the iPad charger. Not sure why your other stuff isn't working.

I've ordered the Spigen case, going to risk no screen protector until a decent one comes out that works with the fingerprint sensor.

This is the first time I've preordered a phone and it does feel a bit guinea-pigish but it will iron out and the headphones deal was un-missable

Telephoto test

^^ That is really impressive, it is mind-boggling how far phone cameras have come in barely 15 years.

If you want a light/thin case the Spigen Air is generally very good. Had one on my last few phones but went transparent this time.

Spigen Liquid Air Case Compatible with Pixel 6 Pro - Matte Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0964H8H...M370BCQX1BJ38X

On the charging front I would have a look at Anker. I only use the separate 30W charger from Google when I want the 30W fast charge. 90% of the time when I charge my phone - fast or otherwise - I just use Anker. Cheaper and more durable. For overnight charge I use an Anker cable with a 5W Apple brick but I'll use anything nearby, even the iPad charger. Not sure why your other stuff isn't working.
    Thanks for the advice, Wileeeeeey. That case is one of several I would have bought if they weren't all unavailable for a few more weeks. Will have a look at those chargers. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post

Thanks for the advice, Wileeeeeey. That case is one of several I would have bought if they weren't all unavailable for a few more weeks. Will have a look at those chargers. Cheers!
    It might not take that long, I ordered the same case last Thursday but wasn't in a rush as my phone isn't due for a few weeks and the Spigen case is now coming tomorrow.

6 Pro keeps coming back into stock (both storage options) but only in black.

Half tempted to get the white when it comes back in stock.

Telephoto test
    Now ....that's pretty impressive for a phone !

Be careful Dave, it looks like the sheep second from the left is on to you.

Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    It might not take that long, I ordered the same case last Thursday but wasn't in a rush as my phone isn't due for a few weeks and the Spigen case is now coming tomorrow.
    This was a good suggestion, thanks Bigvic. I ordered a case showing a mid-Nov delivery last night, and it will be delivered later this week.

My Spigen air from Amazon is coming tomorrow apparently

Craftsman
    That zoom on the telephoto is very impressive, I went for the P6 due to size, but so far impressed with the main camera.

I have seen on HUKD that Vodafone have the P6 at £441 on payg online. The pro is £700~ just in case anyone is the fence in buying.

Quote Originally Posted by prexelor View Post
    I have seen on HUKD that Vodafone have the P6 at £441 on payg online. The pro is £700~ just in case anyone is the fence in buying.
    That's unbelievable value,

Hit and miss. Can't buy online and when you call you get told they can't do it over the phone (someone on HDUK says they can though) and that not all stores will allow it without a contract.

Tempted to try and pop into a store today but it'll be a waste of time if it's "contract only"

Carphone warehouse and Google usually have £100 off after Christmas/into new year.

That's when I'll be be getting one if I'm happy with how the long-term reviews go. Otherwise I'll be sticking with my pixel 2 until the 7 comes out.

Received my Spigen case from Amazon today. Fits great

Blooming heck, returns are via Poland. Seems a bit of a waste!

Blooming heck, returns are via Poland. Seems a bit of a waste!
    Same as warranty swaps. Once received in Poland a new one is sent next day from England.

I got my refund a day or two after posting.

Same as warranty swaps. Once received in Poland a new one is sent next day from England.

I got my refund a day or two after posting.
    That's encouraging to hear

Couple of repeat dropped calls on my Pixel 6 this week with three in a row tonight. Didn't do the normal "beep beep beep" when you're hung up on, it was my phone hanging up on the other person. Didn't touch the screen, had full signal, no reason for it to happen.

Tempted to just get an iPhone 13 Pro and be done with it while I'm still within my return period rather than go down the warranty route. Going to delete Phone by Google, restart, then download again in the meantime.

More dropped calls again today and the finger print reader is becoming a real headache. Also I keep seeing "no signal" when I'm home and connected to WiFi, even with WiFi calling turned on - shouldn't see that at all. Had enough.

Two iPhone 13 Pros ordered. Shame as I haven't had an iPhone in years. My last phones have been the Pixel 2XL, Pixel 3, Pixel 4XL, Pixel 4a, Pixel 5 and now Pixel 6.

Knew I shouldn't have ordered those two 30w Pixel chargers.