closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pixel 6

Quote Originally Posted by SeanST150 View Post
    Yeah, that's what I'm doing, but I dislike that. Much prefer the quick information dump when pulling down notifications.

One thing noticed so far is that the expected battery life is nowhere near that of my 5. Maybe the phone just needs a bit of normal use to "calibrate" itself?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    Yeah it won't be anywhere near accurate yet, I got 7hrs sot with the 5 and I want 10 from this, less I'll be disappointedappointed

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Probably does need a few days to calibrate. The first day with a new phone is intense with all the downloads and activity.

Call screen is back for me today. Not sure if it's because I wiped my Pixel 5.

I can't pin apps so they don't close when I close all, could on the 5

Gonna dive in the XDA forum, see what's what, tbh it's a bit crazy in there but we'll see

Still a bug in Chrome, bookmarks don't save on the home page, I've had to use Firefox for all the online bills etc that are web based

Bit of a wind up that restoring all your tabs and windows in Chrome restores them all in one window with (for me) 56 tabs. Ergh

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Bit of a wind up that restoring all your tabs and windows in Chrome restores them all in one window with (for me) 56 tabs. Ergh
    Yeah , thing is you need tabs don't you, to access all the websites for insurance , finance, all the direct debits bills etc, it's a pita that Chrome doesn't hold bookmarks.

I have all my stuff grouped. News to read later in one window, bicycle stuff in another, watches, things I'm going to buy with Vs etc, you get the idea.

I've dragged and dropped half but ran out of will.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I have all my stuff grouped. News to read later in one window, bicycle stuff in another, watches, things I'm going to buy with Vs etc, you get the idea.

I've dragged and dropped half but ran out of will.
    Same here, Firefox is as bad as I remember, poor UI and clunky, hey ho , stuck with them

Ok the fingerprint isn't great, I think it's fixable with patch though

Walking back from the post office and took a pic to test the camera.

Tapatalk will ruin the quality but it's seriously nice on my phone. Great camera.

Yeah it's great, ultrawide in Tesco

The camera seems to have a great dynamic range and the processing is well-judged, the camera holds a lot of promise.

Yeah this is zoomed and crop from pic above, not bad at all for a phone, this is ultrawide so not even full Res

9bhrs sot with 15% left, call it 10, all on WiFi , general use, everything switched in, I hate getting phones and turning stuff off to eek out battery life

10 is ok nothing spectacular

Has anyone ordered a case and screen protector yet?

I have had Spigen on my previous phones but I can't find their screen protector on Amazon

I never use screen protectors, hate them, and just have the Google placky case , it's ok but prefer spiggen ultra thins

Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    I never use screen protectors, hate them, and just have the Google placky case , it's ok but prefer spiggen ultra thins

I can see the liquid air Spigen case on Amazon and that's what I'm going for. Kept my pixel 5 safe for 10 months.

I was the same with screen protectors but the Spigen one on my 5 has been unnoticeable and again, completely protective

Quote Originally Posted by r.dawson View Post
    I can see the liquid air Spigen case on Amazon and that's what I'm going for. Kept my pixel 5 safe for 10 months.

I was the same with screen protectors but the Spigen one on my 5 has been unnoticeable and again, completely protective
    Yeah I'm looking now, doesn't seem thinner than the Google case albeit cheaper

I have had Spigen on my previous phones but I can't find their screen protector on Amazon
    Just installed the Spigen screen protector on the 6 and the fingerprint reader is now useless! Can anyone point me to the patch that might fix this please?

Quote Originally Posted by mijyou View Post
    Just installed the Spigen screen protector on the 6 and the fingerprint reader is now useless! Can anyone point me to the patch that might fix this please?

Have you increased touch sensitivity

Yes, also redone the prints with the protector on. Just found a few threads saying this is a thing with the glass protector on.

Quote Originally Posted by mijyou View Post
    Yes, also redone the prints with the protector on. Just found a few threads saying this is a thing with the glass protector on.

One of the many reasons I hate them

Craftsman

I ordered a Spigen one as the official Google case was 2 weeks away. Then got an update that it will be delivered tomorrow.
    Will see what it's like in comparison.
    I used the Spigen screen protector on my 5 and thought it was good, hardly noticed it. I was going to order one for the 6 but reading about the finger print scanner I might not bother.

Craftsman
    For those interested, MKBHD has dropped his 6 and 6 Pro review video: https://t.co/BGYLdg1BmS?amp=1

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by noidea View Post
    I ordered a Spigen one as the official Google case was 2 weeks away. Then got an update that it will be delivered tomorrow.
    Will see what it's like in comparison.
    I used the Spigen screen protector on my 5 and thought it was good, hardly noticed it. I was going to order one for the 6 but reading about the finger print scanner I might not bother.

I put a big gauge in the screen of my pixel 2 and have used them ever since. Tempted to get one and just use a code to unlock until they fix it.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    For those interested, MKBHD has dropped his 6 and 6 Pro review video: https://t.co/BGYLdg1BmS?amp=1

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    I'll be watching that, he had to get it out just as the headphones deal expires.

256gb Pro in black is back in stock. Waiting for a white I think

Decent review from MK, at least the issues are software related . He's right about the curves , give the phone a premium look but now a bit dated .

It's a very fast phone though , and the camera is very good . I get what he's saying about Apple but how many people flick between Android and Apple just because of the camera ?

I can't see battery since last charge, only last 24 hours, they've made it harder to interrogate battery life hmmmm

6 Pro 256gb back to sold out.

6 sold out in both colours but available in the black.

I can't see battery since last charge, only last 24 hours, they've made it harder to interrogate battery life hmmmm

So far I'm not blown away by the battery life, which is a shame. The battery on my Pixel 5 was superb; even after a year of use I was still getting 28 hours from a full charge.

I guess I need to spend more days in normal use with the 6 and see how things pan out. I hate having to charge more than once a day.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanST150 View Post
    So far I'm not blown away by the battery life, which is a shame. The battery on my Pixel 5 was superb; even after a year of use I was still getting 28 hours from a full charge.

I guess I need to spend more days in normal use with the 6 and see how things pan out. I hate having to charge more than once a day.

Yeah it will settle, but the software in the 5 gave a lot of info, they've scales this back, won't want people poking about

I never turn things off and last night was in proper sleep mode and lost 10% hmmm

Just bought two 30w chargers with cables on Google Store. Some previous cashback landed so from £60 down to £7.70

Yeah it will settle, but the software in the 5 gave a lot of info, they've scales this back, won't want people poking about

I never turn things off and last night was in proper sleep mode and lost 10% hmmm

This is how good my 5 was, screenshot taken on Tuesday...

Anyway, I've just agreed a sale on my 5, so I'll be keeping the 6 for a while then.

Yeah Android 12 not as much detail as 11 when it comes to assessing the battery

Quote Originally Posted by Litcan91 View Post
    I'll be watching that, he had to get it out just as the headphones deal expires.
    If you decide you want the regular pixel 6 in black then message me. I've decided I'm going to return mine (it's still sealed), so happy to pass it on at cost along with the headphones.

Journeyman
    anyone selling their pixel 5 dm me ...sorry i cant post on sales corner yet

Quote Originally Posted by goody View Post
    anyone selling their pixel 5 dm me ...sorry i cant post on sales corner yet
    Whereabouts in London are you?

Should have a black Pixel 5 once I can find the plug. Wife's phone, has a light scratch on the screen, not cracked or anything like that.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    If you decide you want the regular pixel 6 in black then message me. I've decided I'm going to return mine (it's still sealed), so happy to pass it on at cost along with the headphones.
    Mine is actually due today, still not 100% decided, but will give it a try. Thanks for the offer!

I'm finding the auto brightness too aggressive constantly turning it up

Wow, the speech to type is incredible though

Very pleased with mine so far. Standard 6 in black.

No problems so far with the battery - 24 hours in and still on 54% after a lot of playing and installing, setting up apps, so I think it will be more than fine for my use. Particularly coming from an S10e that needs topping up 3 times a day! It definitely needs a case which is a shame as it is slippy to hold. Android 12 seems nice and slick and pretty intuitive.

£600 with the headphone offer was a great deal. No complaints!

Sobering up from my massive expectations and using it generally and I'm really happy. Massive block and a worse selfie camera than the Pro but fundamentally a really good phone and a whopping no brainer with the headphones. Even without it's still really cheap compared to even a OnePlus.

Shame the Pro has curved edges but still half tempted to get one once they're back in stock.

Don't like how the notification screen blocks everything behind it. Changing it from loud to silent means tapping a different button rather than cycling through with just one button and really annoying that you can't seem to summon Google assistant in the same way as the Pixel 5 with a swipe from the corner.

Fingerprint sensor in the back would have cost pennies.

I think the curved edges on the 6 Pro are not aggressive compared to some earlier curved screens and I wouldn't let that put you off.

Looks like a software update has gone out today, the fingerprint sensor looks more responsive. ANyone updated and noticed any improvements?

Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    I think the curved edges on the 6 Pro are not aggressive compared to some earlier curved screens and I wouldn't let that put you off.

Looks like a software update has gone out today, the fingerprint sensor looks more responsive. ANyone updated and noticed any improvements?

Think so, need the halo honey moon to wear off so I'm balanced

The phone is very, very fast, and buttery smooth, that's my main take so far

I'm still getting used to mine. Being critical the few things I've noticed are

- it's runs hot
    - the fingerprint sensor is annoyingly slow
    - when you swipe up to switch or close an app it takes an age to swipe an app up to close it.

I'm still getting used to mine. Being critical the few things I've noticed are

- it's runs hot
    - the fingerprint sensor is annoyingly slow
    - when you swipe up to switch or close an app it takes an age to swipe an app up to close it.

You might have a rogue app if you updated from a save

Anyone want a Google sage green Pro case , 20 quid delivered I've a black one coming today

This phone is a delight, it's so fast and smooth moving between apps

Same here, Firefox is as bad as I remember, poor UI and clunky, hey ho , stuck with them

Have you tried Brave? I think it's rather good, and has ad-blocking built in.

Anyone want a Google sage green Pro case , 20 quid delivered I've a black one coming today

This phone is a delight, it's so fast and smooth moving between apps

I've got the black version of the phone. Was thinking between Spigen and official, does it look odd black phone, green case?