closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pixel 6

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    My Note 20 Ultra 5G has a 6.9" display...not big enough! About 7.5" would seem about right. No problems fitting into most pockets.
    They'd need to be cargo pants.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Dave2D isn't a fan of the regular 6 front facing camera.

4:25

https://youtu.be/uUR8V4oBCvA

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Dave2D isn't a fan of the regular 6 front facing camera.

4:25

https://youtu.be/uUR8V4oBCvA
    I don't think I've used a phone front camera ever so I'm ok with that

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Positive reviews so far

Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    I don't think I've used a phone front camera ever so I'm ok with that

Never use it either but hate to feel like I have the worse version. Might keep an eye on the plus waitlist but I cannot stand curved edges on phones.

Never use it either but hate to feel like I have the worse version. Might keep an eye on the plus waitlist but I cannot stand curved edges on phones.
    Neither do I tbh, and I dont use a case, so I'm hoping the curves are unobtrusive

From what I'm seeing the quality on front facing camera is comparable between the 6 and the 6 pro. You get a bit higher MP in the pro, but it's wider angle, so results are similar outside of focal length. The disappointing news is across both 6 and 6 pro the front facing camera doesn't look too good.

Seems the main rear camera is good and flagship level, although not really blowing anyone away - perhaps more software updates will help. The impression I'm getting from reviews is it can take really good photos, but also it can be a bit unreliable. Video mode is notably worse than Apple counterparts, if that's your thing.

Reviews on the 6 pro telephoto lens seems relatively positive, good amount of detail etc. Can't use it for portrait mode though which is a bit odd.

The portrait thing is odd for sure. I think they'll fix that in an update, they kind of have to.

I also think they'll do what they can with the selfie cam over time too. The skin tone differences in Dave2D's video was like an old phone Vs a new phone.

Such a shame the Pro has curved edges. The 6 is still a no brainer but the Pro is only £100 less than an iPhone 13 Pro. Tougher sell.

Most YouTubers seem to be using the Pro in their reviews but I'm still waiting to see where MKBHD's review is.

Just got to hope DPD come early tomorrow.

The portrait thing is odd for sure. I think they'll fix that in an update, they kind of have to.

I also think they'll do what they can with the selfie cam over time too. The skin tone differences in Dave2D's video was like an old phone Vs a new phone.

Such a shame the Pro has curved edges. The 6 is still a no brainer but the Pro is only £100 less than an iPhone 13 Pro. Tougher sell.

Most YouTubers seem to be using the Pro in their reviews but I'm still waiting to see where MKBHD's review is.

Yea, feels they can do more in software, Google of old would do it... will new Google wait for v7? Not sure.

Still not sure if I want to 'upgrade' from the iphone 12 pro max, got the regular 6 landing tomorrow... probably won't be able to resist giving it a go.

Tough one if you have the 12 Pro Max already. I'd say the iPhone might win.

The 13 Pro for £949 has got to be the best bang for buck out of any phone for sale at the moment. I was seriously tempted but I can't be bothered with lightning cables again and I love the home screen layout/customisation on stock Android.

Tough one if you have the 12 Pro Max already. I'd say the iPhone might win.

The 13 Pro for £949 has got to be the best bang for buck out of any phone for sale at the moment. I was seriously tempted but I can't be bothered with lightning cables again and I love the home screen layout/customisation on stock Android.
    Yea the 13 pro is a cracking deal and no need for the 'max' compromise this time around for the good camera either. But can't bring myself to upgrade as it's not that much of a bump between 12 and 13 IMO. I'd have skipped this whole saga entirely and waited for the iPhone 14 / Pixel 7 decision if the damn headphone deal hadn't been so good!

MB takes his time doesn't he, will want a few days I think before he does a full review

Not a choice for me, I have to buy a Pixel, I'm Googled up at work and home , so can't go Apple and hate Samsung bloat and desire the purest Android I can get

Last edited by Daveya.; 26th October 2021 at 07:16.

Craftsman
    If you pay for Google One (storage) you get either 3% or 10% Cashback on Google Store orders 30 days after delivery.

https://one.google.com/about?hl=en_GB

This is the one silver lining of being the person in the family everyone abuses for Google storage. Unfortunately there is no silver lining on iCloud. I don't even have an iPhone but I have to pay for two family plans there too.
    I have ordered a black pro 6, case and charger, I now wish I had upgraded to the 2TB One plan to get the 10% cashback.

I have had a search and can't find the answer, if I order the one plan now will it still give me the 10% on my order? Probably not, is my guess at the moment.

Edit: with a bit more searching it looks like I am out of luck.

'You must be an eligible member at the grant date to accrue store credit. To earn store credit, Eligible Members must complete the basket checkout with their Google One membership account. No Store Credit will be awarded when completing a purchase as a guest or via a Google Account other than a Google One plan manager account.'
    Last edited by noidea; 26th October 2021 at 09:01.

Craftsman
    Cancel the order, order again with 2tb plan?

Quote Originally Posted by noidea View Post
    I have ordered a black pro 6, case and charger, I now wish I had upgraded to the 2TB One plan to get the 10% cashback.

I have had a search and can't find the answer, if I order the one plan now will it still give me the 10% on my order? Probably not, is my guess at the moment.
    Doubt it. My cashback is on my order.

Quote Originally Posted by noidea View Post

No you had to have it at the time you ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by Litcan91 View Post
    Cancel the order, order again with 2tb plan?
    Pro is out of stock, but he probably can within the next two weeks so long as he gets an RMA first.

Doubt it. My cashback is on my order.
    You know the limit is 2 headphones right

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    You know the limit is 2 headphones right
    Black is getting returned right away. Won't be opening it. Tried to cancel it but I would have had to cancel the entire order and didn't want to miss my place in the queue.

No you won't get the cashback retro if you upgrade the One plan, I've tried

Craftsman
    No you won't get the cashback retro if you upgrade the One plan, I've tried

Thanks all for the response.

I don't think I will bother cancelling it, it should be here tomorrow.

I have just checked and Android 12 is available for the 5 so now upgrading that before my daughter gets the phone.

I've had a go at upgrading my one account and on a very swift initial look it won't be applied until next year if you have paid annually.

Not impressed so far. Have my thumb print in twice and I'm having to type my code in over half the time. Finger print on the rear was much better. No face ID carried over from the Pixel 4 either, maybe Project Soli is completely dead? Didn't think it would be a big deal but with a password manager requiring your fingerprint to autofill it's quite annoying.

Looks very cool from the back and a lot snappier than my Pixel 5 but from the front it just feels like a block of a Samsung.

Opened the camera to take some pictures and the view finder was a bit juddery. Good pics but shouldn't be juddery.

My wife's is still at home boxed up but when she saw mine she said "I hope you ordered me the smaller one. That's a brick". She didn't believe me when I said that was the smaller one.
    Last edited by wileeeeeey; 26th October 2021 at 18:59.

Craftsman
    Ah what a shame, fingerprint and sizing are two of my biggest concerns at this stage...

Tempted to just buy the 13 Pro for £949 at this point. Smaller, has face ID, still a great camera, and a teeny but lighter but negligible really.

I'm fine so far, with the pro, it's big but my eye sight not great

It's very smooth and quick, I'm using index finger not thumb and it's fine for me, we'll see how I get on with that

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Tempted to just buy the 13 Pro for £949 at this point. Smaller, has face ID, still a great camera, and a teeny but lighter but negligible really.
    That's my thoughts, but I'm really resisting IOS.

Not quite sure if Samsung's equivalent camera is on par with Google & Apple?

Having used them all, there isn't a lot between them. I grew to hate Samsung's bloat and skin so moved away , but the camera is decent

Craftsman
    I have never got on well will finger print readers. I scan my fingers then after a bit of polishing at work, using my fingers, it doesn't recognise them anymore!

Craftsman
    Having used them all, there isn't a lot between them. I grew to hate Samsung's bloat and skin so moved away , but the camera is decent

Good to know that there's more than one alternative option available, will give the 6 a try when it and will take it from there.

Currently enjoying my face unlock on the 4

Good to know that there's more than one alternative option available, will give the 6 a try when it and will take it from there.

Currently enjoying my face unlock on the 4
    My wife loves her 3 lol, won't change

Think it's fair to say Samsung has the best zoom camera in the world. It also has massive bloatware and I wouldn't touch one due to this.

There's a lot I can't stand about Apple but the choice seems to be the best phone Vs the best software.

Apple has the best phone hands downs but stock Android is the best mobile OS IMO. Catch 22.

Craftsman
    My wife loves her 3 lol, won't change

I've skipped the 5 because it didn't feel like a big upgrade and moved back to the fingerprint scanner. The 4 is feeling a little on the small side now.

I've watched a few reviews of the Pixel 6 Pro over the last day and this is what I took from them which matters to me:

Good
    Camera in daylight
    Camera AI and editing features
    speech recognition & translation
    Speakers
    Android 12
    Value
    Battery life (not as good as the latest iPhone though)

Bad
    Screen brightness half of latest iPhone
    Video generally
    Judderness at times
    Fingerprint reader
    No face unlock
    No macro mode

The camera is the most important part of the phone for me, I just wish it had face unlock because going back to a slow fingerprint reader seems too 2017.

Seeing how many faulty Google phones on ebay i think ill pass

This is a razor sharp phone, noticeably faster than a 5

Craftsman
    Think it's fair to say Samsung has the best zoom camera in the world. It also has massive bloatware and I wouldn't touch one due to this.

There's a lot I can't stand about Apple but the choice seems to be the best phone Vs the best software.

Apple has the best phone hands downs but stock Android is the best mobile OS IMO. Catch 22.
    Years ago I wouldn't even consider a Samsung because of all of the bloat.

They seemed to have toned it down, but clearly not enough.

I have to agree regarding the apple hardware in general.

The iPhone 13 Pro doesn't have always on display? WTF

Going into developer options and setting animations from 1.0x to 0.5x speeds up the phone but not the finger print. Hmm

Agree, its silly Apple hasn't implemented AOD because the panel supports it.

Have you tried registering your index finger as suggested by Daveya? You could also register your thumb multiple times to see if that speeds it up.

No doubt the Pixel will improve in the coming weeks as Google gets inundated with user feedback and responds with software updates. That could help refine it into a very good camera that's also a phone which lets you check email.

It's getting some getting used to not having an alarm symbol or phone in silent mode symbols, you have to pull down notification panel to check

I have my thumb on twice but will give it a few days.

Weirdly my call screen option has vanished even though I'm still opted into the beta.

I have my thumb on twice but will give it a few days.

Weirdly my call screen option has vanished even though I'm still opted into the beta.
    I still don't have call sreen

I agree that the finger print reader being on the back is much better, I find it allows for easier single handed use. But only Google were doing this, it's a shame it's gone on the 6.

The size is certainly much greater than the 5, that'll just come down to personal preference.

Overall, so far it's good. Definitely a step up on the 5.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Yes the 5 is not a premium phone, this is very very quick

Think mine is going back.

I wanted bigger than my 12 mini but this might be a step too far. Also I didn't realise how invested in ios I'd become and how much I 'm no longer interested in tinkering and tweaking every aspect of my phone.

I'll need to decide between a 13 pro or keep the mini and get an ipad mini i reckon

Quote Originally Posted by acg View Post
    Think mine is going back.

I wanted bigger than my 12 mini but this might be a step too far. Also I didn't realise how invested in ios I'd become and how much I 'm no longer interested in tinkering and tweaking every aspect of my phone.

I'll need to decide between a 13 pro or keep the mini and get an ipad mini i reckon
    I think that's the key now, it's more about what system you are invested in, work and home, for me it's all Google and I don't like the bloat and skins in them all, and I've tried all of them and keep coming back to Pixel

The iPhones are outstanding though,

Does anyone know where this setting is? On my 5 when you pull down the notifications you get the "until" part of the battery. But I can't figure out how to get it on my 6???

Cheers...

Quote Originally Posted by SeanST150 View Post
    Does anyone know where this setting is? On my 5 when you pull down the notifications you get the "until" part of the battery. But I can't figure out how to get it on my 6???

Cheers...

Battery settings have changed I think, same with mine , you have to go into settings click battery and it tells you there

Battery settings have changed I think, same with mine , you have to go into settings click battery and it tells you there

Yeah, that's what I'm doing, but I dislike that. Much prefer the quick information dump when pulling down notifications.

One thing noticed so far is that the expected battery life is nowhere near that of my 5. Maybe the phone just needs a bit of normal use to "calibrate" itself?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk