closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Remarkable2 Tablet

Remarkable2 Tablet

Does anyone have one of these?

are they any good?

Cheers

I have one, it is ok but I have only had it for a few months. The price is silly for what it is and I would not buy one with my own money.

It is good for having all your notes in one place and provided you pay attention to file naming, it is easy to find what you are looking for. My writing is pretty rough so I haven't spent much time with OCR, but suspect it will be too unreliable to be useful. Cloud backup is good and battery life fine.

I hope that helps.

Thanks for the reply.

I bought an iPad Pro with Apple Pencil last year as I love the idea of having all my notes stored (I’m forger working prices and stock out on bits of paper and losing them!) but I can’t find a decent app to suit my needs.

They are very expensive, even on eBay north of £350, so a bit dubious of purchasing hence asking on here!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by gilford View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

I bought an iPad Pro with Apple Pencil last year as I love the idea of having all my notes stored (I’m forger working prices and stock out on bits of paper and losing them!) but I can’t find a decent app to suit my needs.
    Have you looked at GoodNotes and Notability? They seem to be the leaders in this space. Couple of comparison videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIPE08nCur4
    and also
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lyjP372azk

You can then step it further by using Paperlike, which gets rave reviews, https://paperlike.com

Unfortunately I've used neither of the above, they're just what I've been recommended.

I’ve been using GoodNotes with the Apple Pencil. It’s very good.

I much prefer handwriting rather than typing and there is quite a lot of good research on how you retain more information using analogue systems.

My handwriting isn’t brilliant but the ocr does a pretty good job.

I also bought the paperlike screen protector and it gives a much better feedback just like well paper!!

I’ve not tried notability but they both get good reviews, apparently notability is very good with recorded audio notes which I wouldn’t use anyway.

Cheers, Shaun

Master
    I have some colleagues who rave about Rocketbook. I haven't tried, but might be worth a punt at the price.

Another Good Notes user here on an iPad air with an Apple pencil. I'm very impressed and because it syncs to my phone and you can back up to Dropbox or similar you've got your notes everywhere.

Master
    I have a Remarkable 2. I take a ton of handwritten notes with work, and had previously gone down the iPad Pro and Apple Pencil, but even with a Paperlike filter on the iPad, it never really felt like writing on paper.

The RM2 however, does feel like writing on paper. I love mine and use it multiple times a day, but be aware of what it actually is - an expensive notebook and pen replacement. There’s no browser, no Netflix, no apps at all. You take notes, you can manipulate them (cut & paste text, resize drawings or diagrams), and upload and annotate PDFs. There is the option to convert written notes to text (works very well with my handwriting) and you can email notes directly from the tablet.

The people who have tried mine, have ordered one of their own, but it really is for a specific use-case, which is people who write on paper a lot.