closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Are Seiko military chrono’s getting expensive

Master

Are Seiko military chrono’s getting expensive

I recently got an urge for one of these, the ex pilot stamped back models. I’m sure last time I looked they were about £400 but seem to have jumped to anything between £750 and £950. Is there an increasing general interest in these

I noticed this also, I was going to purchase one earlier this year but the prices were approaching that of a new CWC watch so I sort of backed off. RAF Pulsar seem similar.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeThoughts View Post
    I noticed this also, I was going to purchase one earlier this year but the prices were approaching that of a new CWC watch so I sort of backed off. RAF Pulsar seem similar.
    You can get the civilian RAF alike for about £70

Quote Originally Posted by magpie215 View Post
    You can get the civilian RAF alike for about £70

Which model?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ODP View Post
    Which model?
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/382643012152

I bought one of those (that civilian pulsar) a couple of years back and it wears huge. I sent it back.

They were an affordable issued watch for years but like all issued watches they have risen in price.
    Gen2s are a little cheaper than Gen1s but not by much.
    Gen1 £700-1000
    Gen2 £600-800.
    The Gen 1 is a better quality watch that seems to be easier to repair (spares are more common as the movement was used in more civi watches)

I have said here before (I sound like stuck record) with any quartz issued watch it’s good to have a spares stash to hand. The movements are generally obsolete. Seiko no longer support or service their issued watches.
    I prefer the Gen2 as a wearer, it’s small, thin and very light. I also think it’s a better looking watch.

As said the Pulsar is a lot cheaper. Gen2s are better quality than Gen1s. Gen 1s having a crown issue, - it’s easy to pull it out of the movement. As such the Gen1s are rarer. Neither are a patch on the Seikos though.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 18th October 2021 at 21:34.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    They were an affordable issued watch for years but like all issued watches they have risen in price.
    Gen2s are a little cheaper than Gen1s but not by much.
    Gen1 £700-1000
    Gen2 £600-800.
    The Gen 1 is a better quality watch that seems to be easier to repair (spares are more common as the movement was used in more civi watches)

I have said here before (I sound like stuck record) with any quartz issued watch it’s good to have a spares stash to hand. The movements are generally obsolete. Seiko no longer support or service their issued watches.
    I prefer the Gen2 as a wearer, it’s small, thin and very light. I also think it’s a better looking watch.

As said the Pulsar is a lot cheaper. Gen2s are better quality than Gen1s. Gen 1s having a crown issue,
    - it’s easy to pull it out of the movement. As such the Gen1s are rarer.
    That’s really useful, at least it gives me a better idea what I might be getting (into) for my money if I take the plunge