closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega Full Service where to use?

Omega Full Service where to use?

Hi All,

Could anyone recommend an Omega service Center that I can post my watch to and have the full works done for a service?
    (I've read about some independents such as genesis and Chris but I would prefer the full omega service with the guarantee.)
    Google shows up:
    https://luxurywatchrepairs.com/
    https://www.watchrepaircentre.co.uk/
    Does this mean they would service onsite as they are omega certified and don't actually need to send to Omega?

Any ideas on wait/return times?

Many thanks.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    If you are set on "full Omega service" then you have only one option, return it to Swatch in Southampton.

Genesis are Omega accredited service centre and Duncan is a great bloke to deal with, why not use him?
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Thanks, is there any difference between an omega accredited and an omega service centre?
    Have heard good things about genesis too.

Blog Entries
    Why not return it via an Omega dealer?
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Why not return it via an Omega dealer?
    Closest one is a fair drive round trip for me so would mean a trip to drop off and trip to pick up.
    May still resort to this option though. Thanks.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    You can call Omega in Southampton and I believe they will send you everything you need to return the watch to them directly, if that’s where you want it to go.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Craftsman
    When you send a watch off to the likes of Omega, do they just whatever they deem is required then tell you how much you owe? Or do they make contact first to advise and let you pick and choose?

Do they just refurbish the case by default, or do you have to say yes or no in advance?

Duncan at Genesis will do exactly what you want whether it be a full refurb' or just a mechanical service. If any extra work is needed he asks you first before proceeding.
    Last edited by johnboy24; 17th October 2021 at 19:05.

Master
    STS (Swiss Time Services) is an obvious option and will give you an Omega 2 year warranty.

Master
    Another consideration is the age of the watch. I recently had my father's 1976 Semester serviced. Approached a number of independents, but they couldn't do it due to availability of parts. Contacted Omega; they sent out packaging to send the watch to them (which then had to go to Switzerland). All very seamless.

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app

Grand Master
    When people post a question like this it would be far more helpful if they stated the age and model of watch, it puzzles my why they don’t.

I could spend time typing a detailed reply but without more info from the OP its pointless.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyons View Post
    When you send a watch off to the likes of Omega, do they just whatever they deem is required then tell you how much you owe? Or do they make contact first to advise and let you pick and choose?

Do they just refurbish the case by default, or do you have to say yes or no in advance?
    From personal experience (Planet Ocean) they will carry out the service including replacement parts in the movement, and replacement crown(s) if necessary, and refinish the case and bracelet. If extra parts or work are required I believe they will inform you first.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    I have not use them myself Prestige Time Service they are an authorised Omega Service Centre in Cheshire.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I’ve just been advised by STS that they can’t service &/or refinish my Omega 300Hz watch & they have referred me to Southampton. I hadn’t asked for a service, only the refinish to factory spec, however they may need one centre link for the bracelet unless it’s possible to repair a crease in that link.

It’s not an expensive watch but I wouldn’t want to send it to Swatch group.

So who is likely to be able to do a good job on that particular watch & would it depend on whether it needed that centre link?

I was thinking of asking Simon Freese but he declined my Omega Marine Chronometer & referred me to Tony Cole at STS, who did a fine job on it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    You can call Omega in Southampton and I believe they will send you everything you need to return the watch to them directly, if that’s where you want it to go.
    This. I have just had my SMP 300 serviced by Omega, it couldn't be easier.

They advised me when it had been completed and posted it back to me.

Blog Entries
    OP. details for Omega UK Service Centre. Contact them and they will post you a pre-paid insured return package to post the watch to them and keep you updated - you can check on the portal on the service progress:

The Swatch Group (UK) Limited
    Charter Court
    Third Avenue
    Millbrook
    Southampton
    Hampshire, United Kingdom SO15 0JA
    telephone: 0845 899 0086
    service@uk.swatchgroup.com
    www.swatchgroup.com

they will advise on turn around time after assessing work needed. But probably 6weeks or so.

You can also find your local service centre details here along with prices

https://www.omegawatches.com/custome...ons-and-prices
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 18th October 2021 at 17:04.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Thanks for all the replies.
    Went the omega route, got an e-mail response within 2 days, requested the southampton centre, they sent me package to send back via royal mail.
    In case others are interested, there is an additional £18 postage and packaging fee on top and they are currently quoting turnaround times of up to 12 weeks.

Cheers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by timestuff View Post
    Thanks for all the replies.
    Went the omega route, got an e-mail response within 2 days, requested the southampton centre, they sent me package to send back via royal mail.
    In case others are interested, there is an additional £18 postage and packaging fee on top and they are currently quoting turnaround times of up to 12 weeks.

Cheers.
    P&P costs are added - not really any more than posting insured separately. Timing: I guess you're running into the holiday season - office parties and crackers.

You should get an email ref so you can track progress through the system via omega's portal.

Hope it all works out well for you in due course. Martyn
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Craftsman
    Having never done this, but will probably be doing it in the coming months, I’d be interested to hear progress on this and thoughts upon completion. Would be good to get a couple of updates.

I phoned Omega up on Monday morning, to enquire about getting a watch serviced. They asked for my e-mail, so that they could get my details?

Still not heard anything from them!

Either I'm unlucky in hearing nothing back from them...or they don't need any more work?!

Why they couldn't "get my details" when I phoned them...Ive no idea!

Tried phoning a few times today, i get as far as "option 1 2 3 etc." then get cut off!

Not exactly impressed at all so far!

Anyone's thoughts on Charles Martin? They are official service centre for Omega and several other of the main big names.

Hi Everyone,

Just to feedback on my experience with Omega Servicing.
    Overall very happy with the service.
    I have found the best way to contact them has been online to get the process started. The only time I spoke to them was when they took my payment over the phone.
    Although quoted 12 weeks, the actual turnaround was around 4 weeks.
    Everything is tracked online.
    I received my watch back with all the parts except the bezel, they did not charge me for a new bezel and kept the old part as a good will gesture which I'm happy with.
    Made payment and the watch came back in a lovely omega watch box in as new condition.
    Would definitely rate Omega servicing.
    Ordered a "extract of archives" for good measure, but this can take 3 months so still waiting.

Cheers.

Master
    Was this a Bond SMP from the 90s with faded bezel? They are replacing those for free at present but it is not normal practice on other watches. This is a good or bad thing depending on if you like your faded pale blue bezel. Those can either look very nice or a bit tired, particularly if scratched. Out of interest, did they ask before changing it?

Yes, they give you the option to keep the original or change - again everything was done online via e-mail and on their portal which you can track the status of the service.

Quote Originally Posted by TomGW View Post
    STS (Swiss Time Services) is an obvious option and will give you an Omega 2 year warranty.
    This. I could not fault their service when I used them a year or so ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Just (today) got my son’s Speedy back from a full service with Duncan at Genesis and can recommend him and them wholeheartedly.

Watch looks fantastic, Duncan was super helpful even with countless stupid questions and turned the watch round very quickly indeed.

Francis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    Was this a Bond SMP from the 90s with faded bezel? They are replacing those for free at present but it is not normal practice on other watches. This is a good or bad thing depending on if you like your faded pale blue bezel. Those can either look very nice or a bit tired, particularly if scratched. Out of interest, did they ask before changing it?
    That surprises me!

Even when these were readily available from Cousins (pre 2015) they were almost £200. I guess the cost for Omega will be small and tgat’s why they can do this.

I’ve serviced lots of Bond SMP and 2254.50 models but if Omega will replace a scruffy or faded bezel for free the best option now is to send the watch to them and pay what they charge.

A scruffy bezel really spoils a SMP, the bezel can be refinished if the marks and damage are light but the insert can’t.

Craftsman
    Jumping in with information if this helps anyone. I have a Speedy Reduced, one of the earlier batches going by the serial. I got a full service at STS. Replaced a few bits and pieces (pusher/crystal) and it looks amazing. Very happy with how it all went. £600. Considering I got it 2nd hand and wasn't sure of it's history even though it was running fine, I am very happy to get it 'up to date'.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    That surprises me!

Even when these were readily available from Cousins (pre 2015) they were almost £200. I guess the cost for Omega will be small and tgat’s why they can do this.

I’ve serviced lots of Bond SMP and 2254.50 models but if Omega will replace a scruffy or faded bezel for free the best option now is to send the watch to them and pay what they charge.

A scruffy bezel really spoils a SMP, the bezel can be refinished if the marks and damage are light but the insert can’t.
    AFAIK it is only on the Blue Bond they are doing a free swap. It is in recognition of the fading, though I for one like them faded, they wont do it for a 2254 etc.