I mentioned my search for a new classic in a few other threads, but since this morning, this brillant yellew (colour #Y9) Saab 95 V4 is mine. This is a MY73 Saab, sold in December 72 to its first owner. The person I bought it from (not the first owner) bought the car in 2005 and it took him 5 yrs to restore it. The last 10 years, the car only did 55K kms in total. The car was restored with one of the final 7 spare engines from Saab, so basically, the car has only done 55K kms.

I couldn't find a fault or mishap. That was emphasized when we put the car on the ramp at the workshop this morning. It's flawlessly restored. Amazingly, the car has been for sale on a Dutch national website for 18 months and no-one showed interest! I was so amazed about the quality of this restoration that I told the seller that I wouldn't haggle about his asking price. As a result, he'd loaded the boot of the car with tons of NOS parts, including 2 rare NOS Armstrong rear dampers. Make from unobtanium, I tell you!

I'm so happy that I found this car!

Pics in a few moments.

Menno