closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Weird TZ Behaviour ?

Weird TZ Behaviour ?

Very oddly, I got a TZ-UK subscribed thread update notification via email this morning, a feature that I have not had activated in 6 years.

Has anybody else had similar? Would it be a sign of account tampering, or merely a glitch? I have changed my password in any case, and can't see any signs of mischief regarding my profile....

Have you checked, is it activated now?

I went into the control and switched all notifications to off. No further emails as yet (eg not notified of your reply).

Along with the password change, I’m hoping it was just a glitch and nothing to be too concerned about.

I’ve had this before and wondered about it because I’ve never knowingly subscribed to a thread.

When browsing on the phone it’s very easy to hit the subscribe button by mistake when scrolling down the page or whatever.

Maybe it was that?

I have been getting email alerts on one or two threads this past 10ish days.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    I’ve had this before and wondered about it because I’ve never knowingly subscribed to a thread.

When browsing on the phone it’s very easy to hit the subscribe button by mistake when scrolling down the page or whatever.

Maybe it was that?
    Could be, though I was under the impression that everything you post on, you get subscribed to - and it’s just then how you set up subscription notifications (or lack of)…

Quote Originally Posted by Arcam View Post
    I have been getting email alerts on one or two threads this past 10ish days.
    That’s very interesting because it seems to map directly to what was happening with me; I didn’t get updates across the board, just re one thread….

Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    That’s very interesting because it seems to map directly to what was happening with me; I didn’t get updates across the board, just re one thread….
    Yeah, I still get a notification every time a thread is updated but only one email, no emails today so far.

In your settings, you can only set the default behaviour for your subscriptions:

The behaviour of any individual thread notification is based on if you override this setting when subscribing to an individual thread. If you have chosen "Through my control panel only", you will not receive emails - unless you subscribe manually and then chose one of the email notification settings in the next step:

In any case, you can monitor the settings for all of your subscribed threads via the dedicated link:
    (Instant means instant email, None is only via the "Subscribed Threads" page)

Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    In your settings, you can only set the default behaviour for your subscriptions:

The behaviour of any individual thread notification is based on if you override this setting when subscribing to an individual thread. If you have chosen "Through my control panel only", you will not receive emails - unless you subscribe manually and then chose one of the email notification settings in the next step:

In any case, you can monitor the settings for all of your subscribed threads via the dedicated link:
    (Instant means instant email, None is only via the "Subscribed Threads" page)

Nice one - thank you