TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Speed Posting

I'm assuming he's now on UI?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    I'm assuming he's now on UI?
    Think so too. Our boss is a sick man:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Rev-O View Post
    LOL. Been there, done that. Tbh I prefer Omegas: the brand history, their current business practices (ETA restricting parts notwithstanding) and their watches. Grey dealers and waiting lists and ugly (imho) watches vs co-axial escapements, EOAs and ADs who can actually sell you a watch. YMMV. ;-)
    Have you tried a Bremont?

Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    Hasn’t he suffered enough?

Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    I do like some of their smaller, simpler styles but I think they are overpriced. I wish them well, though, I really do. If we can get quality volume watch production back in the UK then I will be delighted. If the models are to my liking and reasonably priced, all the better; I would be seriously interested.

As it is the RRP and silly marketing stunts put me off but I'd love a decent UK-made watch: 38mm, auto, date, 18mm lugs and a simple three hander with a classic plain dial. Good lume, decent WR and a quality bracelet would be nice additional features to have.

Basically I want the Solo-37 model with the new ENG300 but upgraded to be 100% British (including the escapement and bracelet; jewels and oils and screws I'll allow as third party / foreign). If Bremont can do that and sell it to me for under £3k then I'm in.

Simple, stylish and as in-house as one can reasonably ask for: basically a British Nomos. Hell, yes. Until then, hell no.