closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Vintage zeniths

Craftsman

Vintage zeniths

What do you guys think to the vintage zenith watches, quite a few on ebay at really good prices but I don't really know much about them. Anything I should be looking out for?

Quote Originally Posted by scootnfast View Post
    Anything I should be looking out for?
    Yup, the well known forum glitch:-)

Craftsman
    What's that lol?

The Yorkshire PCR algorithm
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Craftsman
    Never heard of that either 🤣🤣

Post Count Reset. It's some kind of antispam filter.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Craftsman
    ??? I don't understand lol? I want to know if the vintage zeniths especially quartz are worth buying as I have my eye on a 2 tone one for £160 which seems like a bargain but never held one in person. Is the build quality similar to vintage omegas of the 80s or 90s?

??? I don't understand lol? I want to know if the vintage zeniths especially quartz are worth buying as I have my eye on a 2 tone one for £160 which seems like a bargain but never held one in person. Is the build quality similar to vintage omegas of the 80s or 90s?
    If you don't understand I'll explain: You are at the moment what is known as a speed poster, someone making a dash to get to 250 posts to be able to sell something on SC, as your 40-ish posts since yesterday evening will attest.
    This is easily noticed, and frowned upon so not only will your potential sales post be viewed in a bad light, as this minimum is there to allow people to get to know you better and establish trust, but it is not unheard of that all those efforts are annihilated by a"glitch" that brings your post count back to zero.

Is that clear enough?
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Craftsman
    Yes very clear although how can I be a speed poster when I am active also on TWF with over 2000 posts so if I just wanted to sell something I would post it on there like I have done for years!!?

I have been on this forum for years and posted before this I just thought it would be nice to actually get involved in posts while I have some free time the same as I have been posting on TWF over the past couple of days? So before you accuse of me speed posting please get you're facts right is that clear enough?

Yes very clear although how can I be a speed poster when I am active also on TWF with over 2000 posts so if I just wanted to sell something I would post it on there like I have done for years!!?

I have been on this forum for years and posted before this I just thought it would be nice to actually get involved in posts while I have some free time the same as I have been posting on TWF over the past couple of days? So before you accuse of me speed posting please get you're facts right is that clear enough?
    My facts were perfectly right. Your motives are what they are. You're a speed poster by definition, as you managed to post in 24 hours about a quarter of what you posted in the previous 5 years. What you do on TWF is your business and is neither here nor there with regards to TZ-UK.

Craftsman
    Are you a moderator or just a wanna be one?

You said
    ??? I don't understand lol?
    I explained. You didn't like the explanation and tried to look clever, I only stated facts; you're entitled to dislike it, it won't change my day but will bring you closer to the 250 mark. What happens after that is nothing to do with me: You will also learn that there is only one moderator on this site. He is also the owner.

Craftsman
    And I feel I have done nothing wrong I am getting involved in conversation it's not like I am posting 1 word answers which yes that is speed posting.

I don't want to fall out with anybody and I wasn't trying to look clever I just feel i have been targeted when asking for some genuine advice which yet no one who has posted in this thread had actually answered me original question.

Have a good day 👍

Grand Master
    Are you a moderator or just a wanna be one?
    Just ignore him, I do!

Regarding your question, it depends what you mean by vintage. The 60s and early 70s mechanical movements were were good, but given the age its the condition of the example in question that matters more. If you’re looking at 80s quartz you will potentially have problems sourcing parts if it needs them, I’m not a fan of older quartz watches for this reason.

Craftsman
    Haha thank you 😄

Thanks for the info buddy, it was the 80s/90s quartz models I was looking at it was a 2 tone espada I think it was called at below £200 I wasn't sure if it was worth taking a punt but I wasn't sure regarding parts, bracelet links etc.. maybe I will steer clear and look at older omegas if parts are hard to get for zenith 👍