closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Jeddah Saudi Arabia - Rolex?

Journeyman

Jeddah Saudi Arabia - Rolex?

I am imminently moving to Saudi Arabia. After feeling sad when I got the call not once but twice from the AD for a Blue two tone Sub 41 and not having all the funds at that moment to justify buying it I began to look at ways of never having this problem again… 🤣

Does anyone have any experience of buying Rolex in Saudi, recommendations for AD or Second Hand retailers/resellers who are reliable and honest in the region would be most welcome. 🙏🏻

Thanks.

Did you get offered the watch here?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by GMTMaster View Post
    Did you get offered the watch here?
    Yes around 3 months back and then again 3 weeks later. I was devastated I had just shelled out for two new bathrooms and new windows. Hence the purchase didn’t happen.

I have bought half a dozen watches over the past 5 years with the AD including some you would not find as massively desirable (perks of having a Chinese father in law who likes the unusual). So now have a reasonably good relationship with the AD, they know I wouldn’t flip as well and condition on buying a lot of watches with them is that they retain the warranty card for 3, 6 or 12 months with a buy back clause if it has to move on.

Can you buy from the UK and reclaim the VAT if you’re emigrating?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Not sure how accurate this is but I’ve heard from a couple of sources that it is easy buying the older stuff as the Saudis like to have the latest version of things. Maybe useful if you like vintage and 5 digit models.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by GMTMaster View Post
    Can you buy from the UK and reclaim the VAT if you’re emigrating?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good call, didn’t think of that. Could line up with the AD when back. I am going on a Business Visa to start with and will have to come back to the UK to process the IQAMA so might be a shout then! At that point I will have an expat assessment from the accountant.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Chilli View Post
    Not sure how accurate this is but I’ve heard from a couple of sources that it is easy buying the older stuff as the Saudis like to have the latest version of things. Maybe useful if you like vintage and 5 digit models.
    Cool, I’m super excited that might work out well! Nice 50th Anniversary addition Sub is a grail for me. I still kick myself now, was offered one in 2008 for £2k and spent the money on a laptop 🙈