closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: I’ve been away a long time and need to insure my Rolex

Master

I’ve been away a long time and need to insure my Rolex

Hi, I used to frequent the forums but changes in life mean I haven’t been here for a long time.

This is NOT a sales post but I’m after guidance for insurance purposes.

I have a Rolex GMT Ceramic, box and papers, etc and I’ve currently got it insured for £5k.

I think I might be under insured so any guidance is gratefully appreciated.

Thanks.

SydR
    Any insurers I have used wanted an original receipt, or a valuation from a reputable source, dated within the last three years. A copy had to be sent to them within a prescribed timescale of they would cancel the policy.

Master
    I’ve got the original purchase receipt but it’s around 15 years old…

I’ve just got it added as a named item to my household insurance.

SydR
    Quote Originally Posted by Slevin Kelevra View Post
    That’s wrong I’m afraid. I’ve never been asked for any of that from my insurance providers.
    How can it be wrong? Just because you have not experienced it?

I did not say ALL insurers, I said any that I have used. They were all specific insurers and not adding to my home policy.

One did not need to see an up to date valuation on taking out the policy but it would have been required by them in event of a claim.

Blog Entries
    OP: You may want to look at re-sellers for current value indications? GMT Ceramic you don't say which one - .. I'm guessing minimum 10K to replace from a reseller. If it's the all black ceramic that is no longer produced so would have to buy from a reseller.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    OP: You may want to look at re-sellers for current value indications? GMT Ceramic you don't say which one - .. I'm guessing minimum 10K to replace from a reseller. If it's the all black ceramic that is no longer produced so would have to buy from a reseller.
    Thanks. I am underinsured then.

I’ve been away a long time and need to insure my Rolex

Just add it as a name item on your house insurance. Will cover the item at home and away.

Thats what I do with my SubC, and IIRC it added about £30 to my premium.

I think mine was insured for about £7.5k, but as my insurance is up this month I will need to revise that upwards to nearer £10k for a 2012 model.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Just add it as a name item on your house insurance. Will cover the item at home and away.

Thats what I do with my SubC, and IIRC it added about £30 to my premium.

I think mine was insured for about £7.5k, but as my insurance is up this month I will need to revise that upwards to nearer £10k for a 2012 model.
    It was on there as a named item but at only £5k. I’ve just upped it to £13k and they increased annual premium by £20. That’s fine for me and I appreciate it’s not an agreed value insurance.

Thanks all.