closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone got any old Omega hands?

Anyone got any old Omega hands?

Hello!

Bit of a long shot but I'm looking for white stick hands a cal. 552.

Ranfft says the holes are 1.50 x 0.80 x 0.18mm.

Well, OK.

But according to his wonderful website those dimensions are also shared by a number of other movements:

So that gives me options.

I'm happy to buy steel ones and paint them (e.g. like these) but would like proper vintage ones if possible.

But you want to see the watch, right? I mean, this is a watch forum.

Ok!

But in the poor light the steel dauphine hands are petty much unreadable:

Also I think they are the wrong hands anyway and should be Speedmaster-style white sticks (yes, the irony of needing a white stick due to poor eyesight is not lost on me)

Like so:

So, like I said, long shot, but anyone got any?

Thanks!

Nice looking watch, just be aware that whilst the hole sizes for the other movement references might be the same, the length of the hands might not be? Hand length is going to be important to get right for that dial.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Grand Master
    I could probably sort this out and get some hands that’ll look as the OP requests. The length has to work, the relative length of the hr and min hands has to work, the seconds hand is usually the easiest (find one too long and take a bit off the end). Hole sizes can be modified slightly and typically a new hand that’s nominally correct will need a tiny bit of broaching to fit.

I may have some spare Omega Dynamic hands that could be repainted and relumed, Not sure whether the length would work though.

I’ll have a look on Cousins website and see what they have.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    I could probably sort this out and get some hands that’ll look as the OP requests. The length has to work, the relative length of the hr and min hands has to work, the seconds hand is usually the easiest (find one too long and take a bit off the end). Hole sizes can be modified slightly and typically a new hand that’s nominally correct will need a tiny bit of broaching to fit.

I may have some spare Omega Dynamic hands that could be repainted and relumed, Not sure whether the length would work though.

I’ll have a look on Cousins website and see what they have.
    THANKS!