closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone listening to LBC?

Master

Anyone listening to LBC?

Interesting national phone in from Global with a range of presenters bringing their own perspective eg:
    Steve Allen - 4 to 7am . Social media gossip. Personally hate it
    Nick Ferrari 7-10am - very well informed and topical. Anchorman.
    10-1pm -James O’Brien - anti govnt. rant mostly but very bright

I could bore you further but won’t. Any listeners out there?

Master
    I do listen sometimes; I quite like Iain Dale's programmes especially. Nigel Farage's show was excellent but that's gone now. I'm careful to avoid James O'Brien and David Lammy, who's on on Saturdays. I've listened to Maajid Nawaz once or twice while out on a bike ride (I always take a DAB personal with me). Can be a hit tin-foil-hattish and contrarian, but at least he's contrarian in any available direction (when I've listened, anyway). No matter what the perspective of his callers, he'll do his best to annoy them.

Steve Allen is fantastic, as is Iain Dale. Also like the shows from Shelagh Fogarty and James O'Brien although can't listen to him too much.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I think all the presenters are chosen to bring something different - Foggy and O'Brien are the left wing scousers, Nawaz is very well informed on racial and cultural issues, particularly Muslim fanaticism.
    Nawaz's back story is particularly relevant - angry young man who, pretty much like Ghandi and Mandela, realist he needed to reassess his views.
    Last edited by Suds; 14th October 2021 at 20:35.

Craftsman
    LBC convert, tend to flip between 5live and LBC with starting to bias towards LBC

Master
    Long time listener to all of them & fan of many - Ferrari, Dale, Nawaz & Allen.
    JO'B i think lost it a long time ago on many issues (but mainly Brexit) & i occasionally listen to him for balance or to see if i can't get back to agreeing with some of it, but rarely do!

Find Lammy very likeable but rarely agree with it & often think he takes it to extremes.

Found myself listening to Talk Radio quite a lot, but feel they often swing too far to the right & whilst i like Mike Graham & am amused by his stances, don't always think they are sincerely held but posturing for audience's sake.

So i guess i swing back & forth from LBC to TS depending on my mood, the presenter or topic.....

Big fan of Maajid Nawaz.

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

The only town in Britain with Caesar's name
    Listened to LBC for many years now and it’s definitely one of my favourites. I like Nick as he tends to take no prisoners and seems like a sensible bloke.

I only like James on Thursday when it’s Mystery Hour. Other than than that, his certainly not my cup of tea and would much prefer to listen to the static white noise on an AM radio!

B

I find JOB extremely divisive and therefore a toxic prick.

Master
    Listen to it a lot. Listen to most presenters although find some more annoying than others.
    They all have their quirks I guess!

Listening to LBC more and more these days…very good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Nope. Listening to Talk Radio these days.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quelle surprise...
    Last edited by number2; 15th October 2021 at 06:21.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Moved onto LBC from Radio 4 about 2 years ago (shortly after Eddie Mair moved to LBC). Can't stand R4 now, especially in the mornings, so Nick Ferrari it is. Not my favourite presenter though, that would be James O'Brien by a long chalk. Eddie Mair and Ian Dale are also excellent but I don't usually listen when they are on.
    Each presenter is different and has (and is allowed to have) their own opinions, that is the whole point.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Quelle surprise...
    Likewise.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Journeyman

Anyone listening to LBC?

Mair > Fogarty > O’Brien > Dale > Ferrari > Nawaz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Life's too short to listen to anything with adverts.

I used to like Mike Dickin before his unfortunate demise. A lovely abrasive chap, my Wife couldn't stand him.

We can both manage Nick Ferrari.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Been listening for years…in fact been a convert since I landscaped his garden several years back.
    Fabulous voice - I like his interviews with Boris. Genuinely funny…

Radio 4 has become too woke for me, and I'm hardly a right winger. So I have more or less migrated to LBC and its sister channel LBC News.

My favourite is James O'Brien, with Iain Dale, Eddie Mair, Shelagh Fogarty all being much appreciated.

Nick Ferrari was responsible for the news bunny, and is simply a Sun style tabloid hack with a microphone. Can't stand him.

Nor Maajid Nawaz, who's not half as clever as he thinks he is. His mind is closed and he follows each "logical" position like a train on fixed tracks, shutting down any caller who fails to follow or agree with all the steps he's previously set. Ugh.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    Radio 4 has become too woke for me, and I'm hardly a right winger. So I have more or less migrated to LBC and its sister channel LBC News.

My favourite is James O'Brien, with Iain Dale, Eddie Mair, Shelagh Fogarty all being much appreciated.

Nor Maajid Nawaz, who's not half as clever as he thinks he is. His mind is closed and he follows each "logical" position like a train on fixed tracks, shutting down any caller who fails to follow or agree with all the steps he's previously set. Ugh.
    All good presenters. James O Brien top notch

I switch stations or turn of when Nawaz is on. An annoying cretin, IMO… wasn’t he/isn’t he an activist of some sort…?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deanlad View Post

I switch stations or turn of when Nawaz is on. An annoying cretin, IMO… wasn’t he/isn’t he an activist of some sort…?
    Took me a fair while to get used to Nawaz, but I finally grasped how he works and now find him very impressive. Now runs the Quilliam foundation.

Master

I turn over when James O’Brien comes on, boring brexit obsessed government bashing repeated every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    I turn over when James O’Brien comes on, boring brexit obsessed government bashing repeated every day.
    Because everything is going swimmingly?
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Which has been closed, as I understand….

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    Took me a fair while to get used to Nawaz, but I finally grasped how he works and now find him very impressive. Now runs the Quilliam foundation.

Nick Ferrari was responsible for the news bunny, and is simply a Sun style tabloid hack with a microphone. Can't stand him.

Very accurate for both of those.

Maajid's credibility has been brought into question by his own family. He also has questionable funding. Can't stand him.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Which has been closed, as I understand….
    Government funding finished?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Maajid's credibility has been brought into question by his own family. He also has questionable funding. Can't stand him.
    I did read a comment that he is only interested in his own self-promotion. Perfect modern day MP 😍

LBC must be doing something right, as I often end up shouting at the radio

Master

Spot on

I thought only cabbies listen to LBC, according to this thread apparently not…can’t stand talk radio mind so will give it a miss.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Same as, Talk Radio for me mainly now days. Iain Dale I enjoy listening to and Ferrari on LBC.