closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Nice woman's watch on a tight budget?

Nice woman's watch on a tight budget?

I've been asked for an idea for a: new, dressy, but not tiny, woman's watch on a tight, sub £200 preferably £100 budget. Will probably end up with a fashion brand but I wonder if something a little more substantial would be available. I was thinking Tissot? Any other ideas and sources that would come with a warranty?

I bought Mrs Rod a Mondaine watch which she wears with most outfits and looks good with a red or black strap.
    Nice size and a very legible face.
    https://uk.mondaine.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    I bought Mrs Rod a Mondaine watch which she wears with most outfits and looks good with a red or black strap.
    Nice size and a very legible face.
    https://uk.mondaine.com/
    That looks good mineral glass would usually be a downside but on a dressier watch I suspect it is not and issue. No date good too.

Master
    I've a couple of Dreyfuss watches in the shop- both the "1980" series, both brand new. Steel on bracelet and gold plated on leather strap.
    RRP is £625 and £550, I bought them as part of a bundle, I could do either one at £150. (Strictly a forum price that).
    Last edited by kevkojak; 18th October 2021 at 13:45.

Master
    Breil do some nice ladies watches, got our gert one with a black MOP dial that she wears all the time.

Craftsman
    Citizen eco drive is in scope with a nice selection - I bought one of these from here for the mother in law

https://www.chapelle.co.uk/watches/a...icYY4Iwg%3D%3D

Master
    Seiko SUP250. All the Cartier Tank looks and none of the price, plus the convenience of solar. :) Review here: https://twobrokewatchsnobs.com/seiko...nd-her-seikos/

I picked one up in May for £101 as an occasional wearer for my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    Seiko SUP250. All the Cartier Tank looks and none of the price, plus the convenience of solar. :) Review here: https://twobrokewatchsnobs.com/seiko...nd-her-seikos/

I picked one up in May for £101 as an occasional wearer for my wife.
    That does look good. Before I was asked to take a zero off the budget a Cartier Tank had been my suggestion.

I'd be happy with just the nice woman.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    I'd be happy with just the nice woman.
    I'd be happy with an affordable woman.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by raysablade View Post
    That does look good. Before I was asked to take a zero off the budget a Cartier Tank had been my suggestion.
    I was thinking of getting my wife a Cartier Tank for a major anniversary next year. I'm glad I got the Seiko first. Feedback is she likes it as an occasional piece but not enough that a Tank would have been special. I should have guessed as this is her favourite watch: https://www.timex.co.uk/timex-x-spac...rap-Watch.html

Nice woman's watch on a tight budget?

Cadisen do some stunners

Trying to f upload a pic of the one being worn opposite me whilst grabbing coffee

It was less than £50 and gets comments everywhere it goes!

Stunning thing - it’s also an auto !
    I don’t know how they do it - unisex but it’s deffo looking good on a woman who likes a bigger watch

Last edited by Sweepinghand; 19th October 2021 at 14:42.

Quote Originally Posted by raysablade View Post
    Before I was asked to take a zero off the budget a Cartier Tank had been my suggestion.
    I quite fancy the Tank Solarbeat myself. I’m surprised it hasn’t been more discussed on here. One of the few genuinely new and interesting developments in luxury watches in many years.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    I quite fancy the Tank Solarbeat myself. I’m surprised it hasn’t been more discussed on here. One of the few genuinely new and interesting developments in luxury watches in many years.
    Cartier Tank is my standard suggestion for a woman because focus is on the look of thing and brand recognition. It's almost as if a mechanical movement would be an unwanted distraction. A 16 year battery takes that focus to another level, perfect for their market.

My wife has a big birthday at the weekend and if her Rolex wasn't welded to her wrist Cartier would have made my shopping choices a lot easier. As it is i'm mired in diamond angst

I've got my name down for one of those for the launch on Monday. Very clever design.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubnut View Post
    I've got my name down for one of those for the launch on Monday. Very clever design.
    Any word on why the launch date was put back? They were due in stores in September.

Smile

Any word on why the launch date was put back? They were due in stores in September.
    from what I gather, its about having enough stock for a global launch. I suppose they dont want to be like Apple and run out a week after launch!

They told me to get in touch early next week and reserve one. I think they are going to sella lot of them given the mixture of heritage and technology.

Craftsman
    Lip T18 could be a budget "Cartier Tank" for £189.

https://www.lip.fr/en/189-t18.html

launch date is now 'from January 2022'

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 459GMB View Post
    Lip T18 could be a budget "Cartier Tank" for £189.

https://www.lip.fr/en/189-t18.html
    I quite like that.

This is an interesting topic of conversation for me. I bought Anna a watch years ago, a Tissot, it wasn't an expensive buy but she loved it. Then when my mother died she got her Constellation chronometer that Dad bought in Zurich in 1973. The nostalgia involved is worth more than the watch I expect, being an old piece. This is it:

Last edited by Kairos; 2nd November 2021 at 09:43.