closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega dial and hands swap

Master

Omega dial and hands swap

Can anyone give me an idea of the cost to swap the dial and hands in a seamster SMP? I guess it would be best done at the same time as a service, so then we are just looking at the cost of providing a dial and handset.

I've noticed the white dialed watch, the 210.30.42.20.04.001, seems to be more costly than the black 210.30.42.20.01.001. i can't imagine it would make sense to get a black and swap the dial and hands but my curiosity makes me ask!

Omega won't do it as it's not their internally sourced parts, authorised workshops may do it, but only alongside with a full service, as you pointed out.
    Your best option I think is to go with someone independent but reliable - Simon Freese comes to my mind, who is an excellent Omega certified independent watchmaker here in the UK. No idea about the costs, but it's a straightforward routine procedure so I'd be surprised if it costed more than £100-150

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Duncan at Genesis did a Omega dial swap on my speedy last year, no service just dial and hand swap which I think was just over £100.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Master
    Did that include sourcing/supplying the dial Ben? If I could get a dial and hands supplied and fitted for £100-200 it becomes very viable. The price difference for good pre owned, or grey dealer new, between black and white dial is twice that

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I wish it did Neil, it would have been quite the bargain

https://www.swisslimitededitions.com...nds-3570-40-00

Just checked and it was £100 exactly plus £10 return postage.

Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    Did that include sourcing/supplying the dial Ben? If I could get a dial and hands supplied and fitted for £100-200 it becomes very viable. The price difference for good pre owned, or grey dealer new, between black and white dial is twice that
    Last edited by ben4watches; 14th October 2021 at 10:10.
    Cheers,

Ben

Master
    Indeed it would! I contacted Duncan at genesis and have just had a very clear response, impressive service I think. Fitting the dial and hands £100...... supplying the dial and hands £1050! Jeeeez Omega! I mean, come on! I guess zirconium oxide dials take some making, but I hadn't guessed that much. Ah well, I'll keep saving up!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Pimping ones Omega is not a cheap job Neil.

On a side note, Ive used Duncan on numerous occasions and he and his service has always exemplary.

Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    Indeed it would! I contacted Duncan at genesis and have just had a very clear response, impressive service I think. Fitting the dial and hands £100...... supplying the dial and hands £1050! Jeeeez Omega! I mean, come on! I guess zirconium oxide dials take some making, but I hadn't guessed that much. Ah well, I'll keep saving up!
    Cheers,

Ben