closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to find someones insurance company from reg?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Then what?
    If he’d knocked me off my bike so I bled and narrowly missed my 5 year old son, I’d be having a robust conversation with him. At the very least you’d get his address.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Then what?
    Knock on his door and ask for his insurance details?

Quote Originally Posted by Essexman View Post
    Knock on his door and ask for his insurance details?
    Well he didn’t give them at the time and it’s in the hands of the police now so rather pointless.

How to find someones insurance company from reg?

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    If he’d knocked me off my bike so I bled and narrowly missed my 5 year old son, I’d be having a robust conversation with him. At the very least you’d get his address.

Excellent idea, take the law into his own hands, that will help his cause.
    As for at least having his address, that was my question - then what?
    Last edited by Kingstepper; 15th October 2021 at 16:03.

Excellent idea, take the law into his own hands, that will help his cause.
    As for at least having his address, that was my question - then what?
    Sadly I don’t think the police could care less

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Sadly I don’t think the police could care less

Agreed they rarely do. But as one gets older one realises aggression soon and violence isn’t the solution.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.chef View Post
    I've reported him to the police and asked for his insurance details, this is their (the police) response "an application for driver details will be sent to the registered keeper of the other vehicle. The registered keeper is then granted 28 days to respond to any documents sent to them. If we do not receive a response to this, a reminder is sent out and a further 28 days response time is granted".
    Hmmm.

Road Traffic Act 1988, Section 170 is up to date with all changes known to be in force on or before 15 October 2021. There are changes that may be brought into force at a future date. Changes that have been made appear in the content and are referenced with annotations.

170. Duty of driver to stop, report accident and give information or documents.
    (1)
    This section applies in a case where, owing to the presence of a [F1mechanically propelled vehicle] on a road [F2or other public place], an accident occurs by which—
    (a)
    personal injury is caused to a person other than the driver of that [F1mechanically propelled vehicle], or
    (b)
    damage is caused—
    (i)
    to a vehicle other than that [F1mechanically propelled vehicle] or a trailer drawn by that [F1mechanically propelled vehicle], or
    (ii)
    to an animal other than an animal in or on that [F1mechanically propelled vehicle] or a trailer drawn by that [F1mechanically propelled vehicle], or
    (iii)
    to any other property constructed on, fixed to, growing in or otherwise forming part of the land on which the road [F3or place] in question is situated or land adjacent to such land.
    (2)
    The driver of the [F1mechanically propelled vehicle] must stop and, if required to do so by any person having reasonable grounds for so requiring, give his name and address and also the name and address of the owner and the identification marks of the vehicle.
    (3)
    If for any reason the driver of the [F1mechanically propelled vehicle] does not give his name and address under subsection (2) above, he must report the accident.
    (4)
    A person who fails to comply with subsection (2) or (3) above is guilty of an offence.
    (5)
    If, in a case where this section applies by virtue of subsection (1)(a) above, the driver of [F4a motor vehicle] does not at the time of the accident produce such a certificate of insurance F5... or other evidence, as is mentioned in section 165(2)(a) of this Act—
    (a)
    to a constable, or
    (b)
    to some person who, having reasonable grounds for so doing, has required him to produce it,
    the driver must report the accident and produce such a certificate or other evidence.
    This subsection does not apply to the driver of an invalid carriage.
    (6)
    To comply with a duty under this section to report an accident or to produce such a certificate of insurance F6... or other evidence, as is mentioned in section 165(2)(a) of this Act, the driver—
    (a)
    must do so at a police station or to a constable, and
    (b)
    must do so as soon as is reasonably practicable and, in any case, within twenty-four hours of the occurrence of the accident.
    (7)

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodder View Post
    Agreed they rarely do. But as one gets older one realises aggression soon and violence isn’t the solution.
    Totally agree. I’m 52 with lads in their 20’s and so chilled I’m almost horizontal! - however, when the boys were little I might have had a bit less patience and been a bit more stupid!!