I'll try and keep this brief. Bought our house in Dec 2020, did some work to it and moved in June 2021. Minimal electrical usage between Dec and Jun (construction work only and even then most of it was cordless tools etc) and 0 gas usage. Since June, our electricity usage has been around 140kWh per month and gas usage has been about 138kWh*. We live in a 60's mid terrace, haven't had the heating on yet and are very fastidious with turning lights off etc. I work from home 90% of the time. It's just my wife and I and we only use one bedroom & bathroom. No electrical car etc, the thirstiest items will be my valve amps but they aren't generally run for more than an hour or two!

Our typical monthly bill since we moved in has been around £40. I had a quote from Octopus and they told me their best monthly quote would be around £150?! Something doesn't seem quite right and I am now worried my meters aren't working properly.

Not to mention British Gas are a pile of excrement and I cannot report any meter readings to them nor actually contact them in any useful form.

*I had to manually report a meter reading of approx 550kWh and then averaged the usage over 4 months.

Any words of advice?