closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Another young Patek wearer

Another young Patek wearer

Tom Holland sometimes sports a PP Aquanaut while on TV chat shows and I also spotted the Roma and England forward Tammy Abraham with what looks like a PP 5164a on a Youtube video yesterday. It seems that younger guys are going for Patek now - or maybe just the Aquanaut.

Looks pretty good on him although I've noticed that the rubber strap seems stiff/loose on both his and Tom Holland's wrist leading to it either slipping down or giving a larger gap between strap and wrist.

Do you mean that the strap can be adjusted? (snigger)

The pic of Tom Holland wearing it looked to me like it was too big for his wrists even on the shortest setting (it has a deployant doesn't it?).

The pic above just looks like he needs to have it tighter so it sits lower near the wrist bone. It's a matter of personal taste of course how you wear a watch.

Craftsman
    All the young people who earn 6 figures a week are into watches ,footballers ,rappers , influencers etc always certain patek Rolex Daytona,Richard Mille etc

Sent from my moto g(8) power using TZ-UK mobile app

He seems to be wearing it just above the bone that sticks out on his wrist. Looks correct to me but I wear it lower.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    (it has a deployant doesn't it?).

It has a butterfly clasp with no adjustment. Make sure you don't cut it (the band) too short - else it's a very expensive mistake. But once cut to size it is very comfortable.

shame I sold it.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Any young in the spot light person will wear whatever is exclusive and shows success, if PP flooded the market with Aquanauts and the exclusivity dropped then they would disappear from wrists on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by misterzero View Post
    All the young people who earn 6 figures a week are into watches

Journeyman
    I've no idea who this person is or what he does.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Z1R View Post
    I've no idea who this person is or what he does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    Roma and England forward Tammy Abraham
    Quoted for the clown at the back sniffing paint stripper who seems to be adding value all over the forum with his great input.
    Last edited by wileeeeeey; 13th October 2021 at 12:42.

Master
    Always blows my mind when you think it’s cost him (and similar wealthy “stars”) a couple of days’ wages. Like me being able to buy the watch for £100 - or whatever.

I quite like that model but I couldn’t believe when I saw how much they cost!!

Am I alone in thinking the world of social media and influencers has turned everything a bit 80’s in terms of conspicuous consumption and brand’s on everything?
    Next it’ll be red braces, pony tails and shoulder pads all round. Let’s face it we all know footballers and actors earn a massive amount of money, yet they seem to want to shove it in peoples faces at every opportunity, whilst professing how ‘real’ they are. Seems a bit shallow imho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Am I alone in thinking the world of social media and influencers has turned everything a bit 80’s in terms of conspicuous consumption and brand’s on everything?
    Next it’ll be red braces, pony tails and shoulder pads all round. Let’s face it we all know footballers and actors earn a massive amount of money, yet they seem to want to shove it in peoples faces at every opportunity, whilst professing how ‘real’ they are. Seems a bit shallow imho

I’m not sure this is much different to the world pre social media.

I bought my 5167 3 years ago, it's been in my sock drawer ever since - too light. Still waiting for my 5164 to come up - maybe now Tammy got his, I'll be next ...

Quote Originally Posted by ped View Post
    Yes they are as they have personal shoppers who know the current state of fashion.

Master
    I’m sure most of them wear it because all these so called influencers on Instagram wear it. Very few must be genuine watch fans/collectors

Craftsman
    Unusual to see a PP it's normally a Rolex or Hublot haha

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post

The whole influencer culture is an insanity. I do hope pinstripe, red braces, contrast collar shirts and the gaudy haute couture of the 80’s comes back, I was wearing a double breasted suit today 🤣.

Like Prince Charles said every now and again what I wear comes back into fashion 🙌🏻

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by scootnfast View Post
    Unusual to see a PP it's normally a Rolex or Hublot haha
    Didn't Hublot dish theirs out to Prof footballers as freebies?

Craftsman
    "Young" people have been wearing Patek's for years.

Its nothing new, for normal people.

Sports, music & actors have all been spotted with the Aquanaut & Nautilus with growing frequency since they became a social media trend

I bet he didn't have to wait years for it

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Quoted for the clown at the back sniffing paint stripper who seems to be adding value all over the forum with his great input.
    Sorry for the delay in replying, but have been dealing with the sudden death of my father. You are the first person set to 'Ignore' on the forum. You W@nker.

A friend of mine has flown many premiership teams around the UK/Europe; a common sight being card games with their watches as stakes.

Sorry for the delay in replying, but have been dealing with the sudden death of my father. You are the first person set to 'Ignore' on the forum. You W@nker.
    Extremely sorry to hear. Thoughts and prayers for your family.
    To be fair to the other poster, his post was way before the untimely demise of your father.

Master
    A young man who makes a lot of money because of his skill and ability buys a PP. Good luck to him and it's sad to read so many negative comments.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Extremely sorry to hear. Thoughts and prayers for your family.
    To be fair to the other poster, his post was way before the untimely demise of your father.
    The day before his death actually and i've been away dealing with various things connected to it. The man is an arse.

The day before his death actually and i've been away dealing with various things connected to it. The man is an arse.
    My sincere condolences. I can't imagine what you're going through.

However on the other point I have no idea what one has to do with the other.

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    Yes they are as they have personal shoppers who know the current state of fashion.
    that doesn't mean that they're into watches, simply that they might choose what to wear in order to stand out from the crowd, or have someone who will choose it for them.

to be perfectly honest I wouldn't give a second thought that a talented young man has an overpriced piece of jewellery on his wrist so that he can show to the world how overpaid he is. If he had something more unique that most members of the public are clueless about yet watch lovers know a lot about then I'd be more impressed, possibly even slightly jealous. I did think that top flight footballers had some imagination? As it stands he just looks like a spoiled twenty something.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    However on the other point I have no idea what one has to do with the other.
    I don't think that he was relating the two, simply that his late response (10 days or so after) to your comment was due to him being absent from the forum due to the death of his father. I'm reasonably certain that if the situation was different, he would have called you out within a day or so.

given the comment you made that he was referring to, I can't say that I blame him for his. 'Roma and England forward' means nothing at all to someone who has no interest in football (or he may have simply missed that).

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    I don't think that he was relating the two, simply that his late response (10 days or so after) to your comment was due to him being absent from the forum due to the death of his father. I'm reasonably certain that if the situation was different, he would have called you out within a day or so.

given the comment you made that he was referring to, I can't say that I blame him for his. 'Roma and England forward' means nothing at all to someone who has no interest in football (or he may have simply missed that).

Yes, no interest in geography and probably thinks he’s someone big in the gypsy community. Or a Smurf.