closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Where to eat around Gare du Nord - Gare de l'Est ?

  1. #1
    Master zelig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cherrytown, Glos, UK
    Posts
    8,385
    Blog Entries
    74

    Where to eat around Gare du Nord - Gare de l'Est ?

    I have my first overseas business trip coming up - heading to Paris for a few days to meet / onboard a new hire & a few customer meetings.

    I'll be on the Eurostar arriving in Gare du Nord & staying near Gare de L'Est.

    Can anyone recommend somewhere nice to eat in that area - I'll be on expenses (obviously) - so nothing extravagant !

    ... and preferably walking distance as I want to keep RER public transport to a minimum.
    ( which is laughable having spent 2-3 hours on Eurostar I know )

    TIA

    z

  2. #2
    1. Go to google
    2. Type in the search bar 'Tripdavisor Restaurants Gare du Nord'
    3. Type in the search bar 'Tripdavisor Restaurants Gare de L'est'
    4. The Tripadvisor results will give all local restaurants around the station (with walking time) can be ranked from most popular if you wish.
    5. Et Voila

  3. #3
    Master zelig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cherrytown, Glos, UK
    Posts
    8,385
    Blog Entries
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    1. Go to google
    2. Type in the search bar 'Tripdavisor Restaurants Gare du Nord'
    3. Type in the search bar 'Tripdavisor Restaurants Gare de L'est'
    4. The Tripadvisor results will give all local restaurants around the station (with walking time) can be ranked from most popular if you wish.
    5. Et Voila
    Very useful - thanks.

    Anyone with personal experience / recommendations ?

    z

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I have my first overseas business trip coming up - heading to Paris for a few days to meet / onboard a new hire & a few customer meetings.

    I'll be on the Eurostar arriving in Gare du Nord & staying near Gare de L'Est.

    Can anyone recommend somewhere nice to eat in that area - I'll be on expenses (obviously) - so nothing extravagant !

    ... and preferably walking distance as I want to keep RER public transport to a minimum.
    ( which is laughable having spent 2-3 hours on Eurostar I know )

    TIA

    z
    Onboard a new hire! Is that a thing nowadays?

  5. #5
    Grand Master Saint-Just's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ashford, Kent
    Posts
    24,438
    Hello z
    First let me say that it is not the most attractive part of Paris.
    That is not to say it's bad, local inhabitants love it but as a visitor you can be taken aback. Pickpocketing is rife, too, and I would avoid any expensive trinket on the wrist. In many ways it is a modern Cour des miracles
    Gare de l'Est is almost as near to Gare du Nord as St Pancras is to King's Cross.
    That being said, there are loads of little eateries which will make for very expenses-friendly meals. All the brasseries will be decent, if unimaginative.
    Whatever restaurant I may have known is probably long gone, and Covid means that you actually need to live there now to recommend anything. In fact, only Tripadvisor's latest ratings are worth considering.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

  6. #6
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    2,419
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    1. Go to google
    2. Type in the search bar 'Tripdavisor Restaurants Gare du Nord'
    3. Type in the search bar 'Tripdavisor Restaurants Gare de L'est'
    4. The Tripadvisor results will give all local restaurants around the station (with walking time) can be ranked from most popular if you wish.
    5. Et Voila
    Yeah itís bad isnít it, people coming on here asking for advice on stuff that Google could tell them

    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...-Where-to-Stay

    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...m-or-Composite

    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...nted-Deoderant

    Etc etc etc.

    Enjoy your business trip Zelig. From memory not the most salubrious part of Paris(!) but youíll find somewhere decent to eat without too much trouble

  7. #7

    Where to eat around Gare du Nord - Gare de l'Est ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Yeah itís bad isnít it, people coming on here asking for advice on stuff that Google could tell them

    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...-Where-to-Stay

    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...m-or-Composite

    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...nted-Deoderant

    Etc etc etc.

    Enjoy your business trip Zelig. From memory not the most salubrious part of Paris(!) but youíll find somewhere decent to eat without too much trouble
    I donít see the problem. I gave the op sound recommended advice. And the op seemed happy with it.
    Last edited by noTAGlove; 11th October 2021 at 11:27.

  8. #8
    Master zelig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cherrytown, Glos, UK
    Posts
    8,385
    Blog Entries
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    First let me say that it is not the most attractive part of Paris.
    ... Pickpocketing is rife, too, and I would avoid any expensive trinket on the wrist.
    That being said, there are loads of little eateries which will make for very expenses-friendly meals.
    Many thanks SJ - [ puts Rolex OQ back in box ] - that is the kind of advice that is actually useful.

    My colleagues for the trip are all French - so no doubt we'll find somewhere 'acceptable' & expense friendly.

    z

  9. #9
    Grand Master jwg663's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    21.5 km From Moscow
    Posts
    15,102
    A quick look around on Google, across several sites, suggests that Brasserie Bellanger is well reviewed & popular. It's a 5 to 10 minute walk from GdN.

    https://nouvellegardegroupe.com/en/bellanger/infos/
    ______

    ​Jim.

  10. #10
    Master zelig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cherrytown, Glos, UK
    Posts
    8,385
    Blog Entries
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    A quick look around on Google, across several sites, suggests that Brasserie Bellanger is well reviewed & popular. It's a 5 to 10 minute walk from GdN.

    https://nouvellegardegroupe.com/en/bellanger/infos/
    Thanks - that looks right up my street - hopefully my colleagues will agree.

    z

  11. #11
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Kent UK
    Posts
    1,481
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Thanks - that looks right up my street - hopefully my colleagues will agree.

    z
    A short, very positive, write up on it here: https://www.davidlebovitz.com/bakery...-and-bakeries/

    I tent to trust David Lebovitz's opinion on food

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I have my first overseas business trip coming up - heading to Paris for a few days to meet / onboard a new hire & a few customer meetings.

    I'll be on the Eurostar arriving in Gare du Nord & staying near Gare de L'Est.
    If you are coming in to Gare du Nord and can ditch your luggage, you could a lot worse that walk down towards the Seine and along the Boulevard Saint Michel (just for fun - for a laugh).

  13. #13
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    4,887
    Quote Originally Posted by barneygumble View Post
    If you are coming in to Gare du Nord and can ditch your luggage, you could a lot worse that walk down towards the Seine and along the Boulevard Saint Michel (just for fun - for a laugh).

    Ah hahaha ! but then where do you go to my lovely ?

    B

  14. #14
    Master zelig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cherrytown, Glos, UK
    Posts
    8,385
    Blog Entries
    74

    Where to eat around Gare du Nord - Gare de l'Est ?

    Update.

    We went to Brasserie Bellanger last night.

    The reviews are spot on -It was very good
    Öwe may return for another dinner later this week.

    BTW

    I donít talk like Marlene Dietrich
    Nor dance like Zizi Jeanmaire
    And my clothes are not all made by Balmain

    z
    Last edited by zelig; 13th October 2021 at 17:16.

  15. #15
    Grand Master jwg663's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    21.5 km From Moscow
    Posts
    15,102
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^

    Glad to see that it was good.

    BTW, I won't be buying you a racehorse for Christmas...
    ______

    ​Jim.

  16. #16
    Master zelig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cherrytown, Glos, UK
    Posts
    8,385
    Blog Entries
    74
    Great food, great, friendly staff - despite the warnings...



    They remembered us on the 2nd & 3rd nights & we got complimentary rum on the final night !

    z

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information