closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any 126610LV owners?

Any 126610LV owners?

Should have bought a hulk didn’t and now a regret. Owners thoughts on this one? Spoke to an AD yesterday but very vague and involved buying other watches which I am weighing up.

Quote Originally Posted by liggy View Post
    Should have bought a hulk didn’t and now a regret. Owners thoughts on this one? Spoke to an AD yesterday but very vague and involved buying other watches which I am weighing up.
    I have a hulk and will add a 126610LV too.
    You’ll certainly need strong purchase history to get a sniff at one.

Craftsman
    Why not buy grey market rather than buy other watches you don’t want to get one with an ad?

Grey market seems to about 14 which I struggle with. Man maths but I can possibly cope with an OP and a wait…

I own both, love them both - I had a short wait for the current model. I wouldn’t have bought watches I didn’t want though or paid a premium for the privilege - but your mileage may vary.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I prefer the new one myself. Slightly larger and perfect amount of green.

Craftsman
    I never owned the hulk. It was too green for me. I passed up a couple of opportunities to buy one from my AD at retail (back when they were readily available in shop windows). The super case on the hulk wasn’t for me either. On the other hand the new 126610LV is perfect. I got mine a couple of months ago and the black dial / green bezel work extremely well together. The new 41mm case is more elegant too. The only thing that irks me is the wider bracelet and clasp. All in all it’s amazing. I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I owned the 16610LV for a few years but never got on with the green bezel......it didn't go with any of my outfits!! Personally I wouldn't play those AD games and if I had the funds then I would look to buy from a respected preowned dealer......or go without.

I bought one with a Pepsi a couple of months ago. I didn't post about it but it was a multi-watch deal with The Watch Trader from Newcastle.

Thoughts? Sweet spot hit by Rolex. The slightly wider bracelet is sublime and the narrower lugs make the 116 look even more blocky. I would say it is incredibly comfortable.

I did post on Reddit, if that is of any interest.

https://www.reddit.com/r/rolex/comme...m_source=share

Quote Originally Posted by mjrennie View Post
    I bought one with a Pepsi a couple of months ago. I didn't post about it but it was a multi-watch deal with The Watch Trader from Newcastle.

Thoughts? Sweet spot hit by Rolex. The slightly wider bracelet is sublime and the narrower lugs make the 116 look even more blocky. I would say it is incredibly comfortable.

I did post on Reddit, if that is of any interest.

https://www.reddit.com/r/rolex/comme...m_source=share
    Very nice and a fellow blue!

Craftsman
    Got mine in Sept 2020, the month it was launched. Surprising to get a call from AD so soon, but even more remarkable to hear that mine was the third they had sold - this within a couple of weeks of release.

MJR sums it up perfectly:
    Quote Originally Posted by mjrennie View Post

I have one which I also picked up earlier this year.

I also owned a Hulk, which in the end was too green for my tastes.

As for how you buy one. I think now is a very hard time to get hold of one, unless you have a very good history with the AD (like others have mentioned).
    If you can afford it, avoid waiting on the hope you will get one and go grey now. Prices will only go north and I cannot see supply improving in the short term. Saves playing the AD game of buying watches/jewellery you don’t want.

As for the watch, I love mine. It’s the perfect contrast and still makes the watch interesting. One I would never sell. ;)

LVc seems to get harder by the week. Clucking for one.

Amazing to see the picture of the old Hulk too for contrast. looks garish by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    LVc seems to get harder by the week. Clucking for one.

Amazing to see the picture of the old Hulk too for contrast. looks garish by comparison.
    Not sure my rubbish photo helps! I have practiced a bit since then lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    Not sure my rubbish photo helps! I have practiced a bit since then lol.
    I hate pictures from you and Wes, you two could make an Invicta look good.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I hate pictures from you and Wes, you two could make an Invicta look good.
    Thanks mate. I can’t compete with Wes and his ring light though! :)

Here is a slightly better one of the hulk. It was just too much green in the end for me.

I had a Hulk for a while. Sold it in here. Very nice in many ways but somehow didn't nab me. This new Cermit or Starbucks, lol, is really lovely. We did a 4 watch deal with the Newcastle lads and my mate got a 126 black Sub plus a Batman. Utter class is the black Sub and with a premium of 4k for a simple green bezel, you have to wonder what is going on. Worth it? To me, yes. I'd have a 126 black Sub all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by liggy View Post
    Very nice and a fellow blue!
    Big blue. There Saturday. It's the law. Let's go Super Phil, the Stockport Iniesta.

I absolutely loved my Hulk. I thought he green dial was spectacular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    The ultimate would have been the new version but with a darker green bezel rather than the odd pastel green. Missed a trick IMO.

From a hulk owner who loves it except the bezel. Which was the only part retained!

Craftsman
    Agree - a slightly darker bezel would have been great. In bright light the current bezel colour seems a bit childish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk