closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: USB Hub

USB Hub

All,

I'm looking to get a USB hub for a Macbook. This will be for travelling for work and also for the odd jaunt into the office. I'd probably have it set up at home as well and use it to charge phones / headphones etc. A HDMI connection would be useful for connecting to screens and maybe an ethernet port. Not hugely important to have SD card slots.

Does anyone have any recommendations please?

My budget is around £30-£40.

Best,

Ben

How old is your MacBook and what ports does it have? Do you want to use USB-A, USB-C or Thunderbolt to connect to the MacBook? Newer MacBooks will only have USB-C/Thunderbolt 3/4.

Hello

Hi Phil,

Ah, ok. So, a potential problem. Ideally I'd like it for my new Macbook Air M1, 2020 and my work Macbook Air 13 inch, 2019. If that's possible, or would I need an adapter?

Best,

Ben

Hello

Phil,

This looks ok.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07YZ48HCT/ref=emc_b_5_i

Anker USB C Hub for MacBook, PowerExpand Direct 7-in-2 USB C Adapter Compatible with Thunderbolt 3 USB C Port, 100W Power Delivery, 4K HDMI, USB C and 2 USB A Data Ports, SD and microSD Card Reader

Or this one.
    Anker USB C Hub, 5-in-1 USB C Adapter, with 4K USB C to HDMI, SD and microSD Card Reader, 2 USB 3.0 Ports, for MacBook Pro 2020/2019/2018, iPad Pro 2020/2019, Pixelbook, XPS, and More

Best,

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by burnside View Post
    I've just ordered one! Thanks.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Hello

Ralphy,

Let me know what its like please.

Best,

Ben

Bear in mind that the type with two integral USB C plugs rather than a flying lead won't work with a MacBook shell case fitted.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Hello

Mr Curta

An excellent point. I think I was heading towards the floating lead option and have been meaning to get a case for my new Macbook.

Best,

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Bear in mind that the type with two integral USB C plugs rather than a flying lead won't work with a MacBook shell case fitted.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    I got a usb c to usb, hdmi and usb c from sandstrom (part of Pc world) and use it as a coaster to remind me never to buy one again as it’s never worked.

Thanks Ben. Just ordered one of the ones your suggested

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

My floating-lead Anker Mac hub never worked either, the only Anker purchase that failed me.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app