closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: UK doxa service

Journeyman

UK doxa service

Does anyone know an independent who could service my doxa sub 6000t?

Master
    No replies as of yet, has anyone had their Doxa serviced by an independent in the UK?

Journeyman
    I have asked for a quote from https://www.repairsbypost.com/start-repair

Would really prefer some recommendations though

I would like to get mine serviced, but I asked around and nobody seems to be able to get the original gaskets/seals. So, I contacted Doxa and they want something like £500 starting price plus any things that need replacing added on top. For me to find out what the full price is, I’d need to send it to them and wait for the quote. If I don’t decide to go ahead, I’d still have to pay £60.
    I really wanted to use my local, but they just can’t do it without the gaskets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PawG View Post
    I would like to get mine serviced, but I asked around and nobody seems to be able to get the original gaskets/seals. So, I contacted Doxa and they want something like £500 starting price plus any things that need replacing added on top. For me to find out what the full price is, I’d need to send it to them and wait for the quote. If I don’t decide to go ahead, I’d still have to pay £60.
    I really wanted to use my local, but they just can’t do it without the gaskets.

Are they not just an ETA 2824?

Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    Are they not just an ETA 2824?
    Yes, the 300 is COSC, but still ETA2824

Yes, the 300 is COSC, but still ETA2824

Try contacting Doxa directly for the Gaskets, send it to your local when they land.

customersupport@doxawatches.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    Try contacting Doxa directly for the Gaskets, send it to your local when they land.

customersupport@doxawatches.com
    I did. Then I got contacted by their UK middle man saying they can assist with the shipment of the watch to Switzerland, but buying gaskets separately is not possible…

Blog Entries
    I am tempted to ask: Just how unusual/non-standard are the gaskets?

If a gasket fits and it passes pressure test, isn't that good enough?

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    I am tempted to ask: Just how unusual/non-standard are the gaskets?

If a gasket fits and it passes pressure test, isn't that good enough?
    I don’t know. I’m only saying at least 3 independent watchmakers told me they won’t touch it because they can’t get the gaskets.

Blog Entries
    I don’t know. I’m only saying at least 3 independent watchmakers told me they won’t touch it because they can’t get the gaskets.
    Frustrating. :-(

If it was my watch and I couldn't stomach the £500+ Doxa price, and I couldn't find a watch repairer who'll look at it here on TZ-UK, then I'd probably take it to the watch booth in Piccadilly Circus Tube station and see what they say.

If that sounds a bit sketchy then I can only say that I've had good service from there.

The company used to be called Watches To Go and was run by a guy named Sean McNeill. However, he has (mostly I think) retired and it's been taken over by a guy named Santos and is now called Watch Repair Piccadilly. https://watch-repair-piccadilly.co.uk/about-us/

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Frustrating. :-(

If it was my watch and I couldn't stomach the £500+ Doxa price, and I couldn't find a watch repairer who'll look at it here on TZ-UK, then I'd probably take it to the watch booth in Piccadilly Circus Tube station and see what they say.

If that sounds a bit sketchy then I can only say that I've had good service from there.

The company used to be called Watches To Go and was run by a guy named Sean McNeill. However, he has (mostly I think) retired and it's been taken over by a guy named Santos and is now called Watch Repair Piccadilly. https://watch-repair-piccadilly.co.uk/about-us/
    Thanks, I’m taking it to Poland next week to get it done for less than a 1/3rd of a price of the Doxas base quote. He’s on Instagram @watchesspa if you want to have a look.

Blog Entries
    Thanks, I’m taking it to Poland next week to get it done for less than a 1/3rd of a price of the Doxas base quote. He’s on Instagram @watchesspa if you want to have a look.
    Oh well, sounds like a solution. :-)