closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega Megaquartz 32K battery and repair question

Omega Megaquartz 32K battery and repair question

Hi all,

I'm looking for a bit of advice. I have an old Omega Megaquartz 32kHz which has been in the watch box for long time in need of a replacement battery. Today I finally decided to get it going again and took the back off to check that the old battery hadn't leaked or anything nasty.

What I found is shown in the photos. The battery itself looked fine and does not appear in the pictures as I've removed it. The thing I'm concerned about it that when I removed the battery a small gold coloured piece came out with it. I'm assuming it should be attached to something so I'm looking for some advice on what I can do.

Thanks

I think it’s the bottom terminal; you can see its shadow in the battery well on your movement.

Here’s how it should look:

Keitht of this forum previously fixed my Omega f300 but am not sure if he is still servicing watches.

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

Yep, as above, its the contact terminal that the battery sits on.
    Cheers..
    Jase

They aren't the cheapest but SwissTime Services(STS) are the masters of these, not many people service these any more due to parts availability but we're lucky to have STS here in the UK. Well worth getting serviced, great watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    They aren't the cheapest but SwissTime Services(STS) are the masters of these, not many people service these any more due to parts availability but we're lucky to have STS here in the UK. Well worth getting serviced, great watch.
    Agree, they’re such a cool watch.

Grand Master
    That’s not a pretty sight, why did you leave the watch in a drawer with a dead battery? Battery’s leaked, battery terminal has corroded and snapped, whoever takes this job on has to source replacement parts and that won’t be cheap.

Never leave a watch with a dead battery, it always ends up leaking and causing damage, it saddens me to see stuff like this.

STS are probably the best bet, they’ll sort it out and you’ll pay for the privilege. Omegas decision to restrict parts supply in 2014 has been a game-changer.

Sadly, the Megaquartz is now classed as a "Reserve Caliber" and STS (or other Omega certified repair centres) no longer work on them as they have no parts.
    It is back to Omega I am afraid.