closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Great AD experience - Fraser Hart - Blue water

Master

Great AD experience - Fraser Hart - Blue water

When buying my IWC I had a really good experience with Fraser Hart in bluewater. A lot of this was due to a modest purchase history but none the less it was enjoyable. It is the first time purchase history has played to my advantage.

Firstly goldsmiths in Chelmsford would not offer any discount on the watch i wanted at all. No issue as this is their prerogative but it surprised me.

I called Fraser Hart in bluewater to see if they had the IWC in stock, they took some details and called me back. I had no idea purchase history would make any difference and made no mention of the previous purchases. When they called back they mentioned my history and asked a few questions about my discount expectations. They then called their IWC rep and got back to me. There was no too and frow just an honest discount % available and a good conversation. I was explicitly told negotiations over the phone were a no no but happy to do so due to history. This surprised me but again was ideal. I made it clear I wanted the watch and didn’t want to travel unless a price was agreed.

When collecting the watch they established if I was a genuine enthusiast through open conversation then let me handle a IWC annual and perpetual calendar. It was awesome to buy a watch from fellow enthusiasts and have a proper watch chat. The possibility of a trip to the IWC factory all expresses paid was also discussed. I have zero expectation but if that comes through then wow!

Overall it was a really enjoyable experience, better than any other I have had so far. I never appreciated how a purchase history impacts a purchase.

Stu

Master
    Your IWC is superb, the purchase experience with discount, icing on the cake.

Sent from my Nokia 3.1 using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Experience sounds good, more importantly you are happy and that’s the name of the game when spending this amount.

Out of curiosity any pics of the new watch? What model did you go for?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Nealywheelie View Post
    Your IWC is superb, the purchase experience with discount, icing on the cake.

Sent from my Nokia 3.1 using Tapatalk
    Thank you and agreed. It was a very pleasant surprise how I was treated.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    Experience sounds good, more importantly you are happy and that’s the name of the game when spending this amount.

Out of curiosity any pics of the new watch? What model did you go for?
    Always happy to oblige such request….

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post

Ah ha, yes I recall it from the other thread and agree totally looks lovely, very nice fit and I’m a big fan of blue. There is such legibility with these. Enjoy

Craftsman
    I had exactly the same experience at Fraser Hart in Bluewater. Like you, I had previous purchase history with them (IWC). I was in there for about an hour talking watches, trying on various models and having a beer or two, after which they gave me 15% off on a 46mm Big Pilot.

I had a rather different experience at another AD in Bluewater, although on that occasion I was enquiring about a model from a brand that the forum knows very well.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post

Wow, I like the IWC pilots but the blue never tickled my fancy, that looks stunning though!
    Congrats and hope you manage to get a factory tour, that would make it a very special purchase!

I've purchased here on more than one occasion. Always found them knowledgable and willing to offer a discount.

Jon Phillips used to be the manager, lovely guy and likes his watches. He was there pre-pandemic but I have not been to BW for a couple of years now so he may have moved on.

Nice IWC OP, a work colleague has just purchased a black dial one.

Master
    That sounds like a great experience. I think this can depend on the watch being purchased but it does make a difference to how you feel about the buying process.
    Having purchased an Explorer and black bay from Goldsmiths the experience was fine but I was in and out quite quickly.
    In contrast many years ago I wanted £3k tag, champagne for me and the wife, branded extras thrown in (cleaning clothes, gloves, pen) and then finished off with a 35% discount and 4 years 0% credit. It was a great buying experience..... Not as great an experience when I sold it and lost a load though .

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk