closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: GShock strap

Craftsman

GShock strap

Hi all,

I recently bought a Seiko SPB087J1 and absolutely love the feel of the strap. When I came to use my GShock GW-B5600, the strap felt like I was wearing a cable tie on my wrist.

Does anyone happen to know of any companies that make a softer rubber strap with fittings for my G? All I can find online is direct replacements, cord straps or NATO.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

G shock straps are weird - some are very comfy and some less so. The odd thing is that some of the comfiest I own have straps that are very hard and plasticky off the wrist, but I can’t really tell I’m wearing a watch when wearing it. I think it’s to do with wrist shape and whatever you do don’t wear one tight. My new GW-5000 has a very soft strap but fits me less well than a regular dw-5600 and as a result is much less comfortable to wear. To answer your question there are adapters out there for G shocks where you can fit ‘normal’ rubber straps - you can get Ritchie branded ones on Amazon in the Uk - but the attachment method strikes me as a bit fragile if you intend to use the watch as a ‘beater’ or in rough environments. If your strap feels that bad I’d suggest you wear it looser - they seem to conform to a circle when worn slightly looser which might take getting used to but it does make them comfy to wear in my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Cheers for the tips. I’ll have a browse of the Ritchie ones if I can’t get used to it again.

A little while ago, someone posted about trimming a Barton silicone strap so that it would fit their G-SHOCK square and I seem to remember it looked pretty good!

Master
    Blog Entries
    The strap for GBX100 is super soft and a direct swap I believe.

Craftsman
    Excellent tips! Thanks very much. Will check them out.