closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Water Softeners

Craftsman

Water Softeners

I'm in the middle of an extension project to the house and I need to source a new water softener. I'm a bit lost in terms of what to get.

Has anyone got any hints, tips or recommendation?

Master
    We have had a Kinetico for the last 10 years and no issues what so ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can’t go wrong with a Harvey’s twin chamber block salt softener, we changed to a Minimax2 after 30 years with a tablet softener, the block salt is so much more convenient to top up - no more manhandling 25kilo bags of tablet salt!

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    We have had a Kinetico for the last 10 years and no issues what so ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have one of these also - they are non-electric and seem to have very little to go wrong. It works very well. Cost installed was just under 2k about a year ago.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Master
    Blog Entries
    We’re on our second Monarch in thirty years,it’s cheaper to replace the whole thing if and when the resin bed fails .That is an easy diy job.Depending on your use factor in one25 k bag of salt a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonzodog View Post
    We’re on our second Monarch in thirty years,it’s cheaper to replace the whole thing if and when the resin bed fails .That is an easy diy job.Depending on your use factor in one25 k bag of salt a month.
    do you live in a hotel? we use one bag every 3 months and we are in Essex, the water is as hard as it gets, I cant remember what make our softener is but it supposedly checks the hardness and treats where necessary

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    do you live in a hotel? we use one bag every 3 months and we are in Essex, the water is as hard as it gets, I cant remember what make our softener is but it supposedly checks the hardness and treats where necessary
    About the same here in Kent, 2 blocs per month.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    No,just very hard water in Norfolk.

Master
    We get through 2 packs of 2 blocks per month in our Harvey softener. Never really questioned whether that was expected usage or not. North east London and the water is pretty hard round here.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    BWT here for the last 3 years. No trouble... I like that it measures the amount of water consumed and regenerates only when needed rather than at a pre-determined interval.

We’ve got a single chamber EWT softener which regens based upon the amount of water used/softened.

No idea if it’s the best, I went for it as EWT do the install and it takes salt tablets/granules. Household of 5 a 25kg bag lasts us around 5 weeks.

They used to offer a referral discount of I think £50 off, so maybe mention this if you decide to go with them?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    You can’t go wrong with a Harvey’s twin chamber block salt softener, we changed to a Minimax2 after 30 years with a tablet softener, the block salt is so much more convenient to top up - no more manhandling 25kilo bags of tablet salt!
    I think that’s the one we have. Seems fine so far.

Blog Entries
    We have one of the double chamber ones under the sink no electricity needed and block salt ,use about two blocks every three weeks on average.Much better than the previous plug in 25 kg bags version
    I get 6 blocks delivered for £16.61.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    We have one of the double chamber ones under the sink no electricity needed and block salt ,use about two blocks every three weeks on average.Much better than the previous plug in 25 kg bags version
    I get 6 blocks delivered for £16.61.
    That seems expensive, but I buy in bigger quantities though. 30 packs of 2 blocks is £110 delivered from Siwa salt, though I think they only deliver in certain London postcodes.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app