closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dandandanman

Dandandanman

Been trying to reach you via PM regarding the Tudor BB58 I purchased of you on SC I’m not sure your getting my PM’s I’ve sent you. I’ve notice you’ve been online however I’m not sure if you got the PMs

Please can you get in touch if you see this.

Wes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like the customer service could do with some improvement there.

Hope all is well Wes.

Hope all is well with the person in question who has a similar user name to mine (and by bizarre coincidence I bought a BB58 from Wes a few weeks ago !)

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    Hope all is well with the person in question who has a similar user name to mine (and by bizarre coincidence I bought a BB58 from Wes a few weeks ago !)

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Yes very similar names but definitely not you bud.

It’s the BB58 that’s just recently been sold on SC which got purchased by myself.

Here’s hoping he sees this and communicates back.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    Yes very similar names but definitely not you bud.

It’s the BB58 that’s just recently been sold on SC which got purchased by myself.

Here’s hoping he sees this and communicates back.

He’s not been online since 4pm yesterday, prob not seen this yet. Everything OK Wes?

Cheers Ric I’ve sent two messages prior to him being online last.

I posted this on the SC thread

Does anyone know Daniel? I need to contact him. I have had the watch delivered and unfortunately have some issues with the watch. However after three attempts of a PM to him he’s not got back. I hope all is ok?

If anyone knows him please can you get him to get in touch.

Many thanks

Soundood, Steppy, both happy to throw away their reputation and participation, hopefully this isn't another example.

Master
    Let’s not heat up the tar just yet. Give the guy a chance to reply. My phone shows me as active long after I’m not active, so he may not have seen the PMs

Dandandanman

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Let’s not heat up the tar just yet. Give the guy a chance to reply. My phone shows me as active long after I’m not active, so he may not have seen the PMs

Yes I would like to give him the benefit of doubt.

My first PM with I sent explaining my concerns where on Tuesday at 12:20 in the afternoon. So just over 48 hours now.

Hopefully he’ll be in touch later today.

Dandandanman

He was online half an hour ago and still hasn’t replied, anybody got any advice for me or maybe his number”?

I’ve bought and sold tons of watches and never felt like this… do you think I’m overreacting?

I did think he was getting back to me but I’ve had no PM

Last edited by Kippax; 7th October 2021 at 16:40.

Your not overreacting I suspect. Looks like he’s avoiding you.

Hope this gets resolved pal.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Whats the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Whats the issue?

The watch was described as near mint condition. The watch arrived and it was far from mint, it has scratches all over the bracelet, clasp and on the lug.

This should have been noted on the sales post. I wanted this to be resolved privately however with the lack of communication and now it looks like he’s responded to someone via PM and chose to not to respond to me just to bury his head in the sand and hope for this to go away.

I noted that the sales thread described the watch as “near mint” and there was only one photograph.
    Perhaps Kippax should furnish us with some photographs?
    It would be interesting to see the condition, as this seems to be the crux of the matter.

As to why you have had no response from the seller baffles me.
    If I get a PM, I always receive an email too.
    Surely almost everyone should be able to respond within a few hours?

Hope that this can be sorted out.

Well for full disclosure here are the photos that I took and sent in my first PM to Daniel.

It will be interesting to see what other people’s opinion would be and if they would see as a near mint watch.

Your honest feedback would be most welcomed.

Master
    This goes to show the value in posting lots of close up, in focus photos. That way there can be no dispute

One mans “near mint” is another mans “been through a cement mixer”

Just seen your photos. The marks on the clasp are unavoidable, the one on the lug is the only one that might possibly annoy me, and I’d need to see it in real life to be certain. Just my view though, I wear my watches and don’t baby them. YMMV
    Last edited by demonloop; 7th October 2021 at 18:01.

OP (and perhaps some others): you have the option to select a confirmation that a PM has been read by the recipient, it's an option under Miscellaneous in Advanced Settings.

(Hope everything gets resolved).

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    Bracelet & clasp wouldn't worry me that much TBF, but the 'scratch'/'ding'? on the lug!

Sent from my Nokia 3.1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    OP (and perhaps some others): you have the option to select a confirmation that a PM has been read by the recipient, it's an option under Miscellaneous in Advanced Settings.

R
    Never knew that. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post

R
    Now THATS a useful thing to know. Thanks for that.

As regards the watch in question it’s in ok condition but it’s a mile away from near mint condition.

No idea why he would log on and PM someone else and not reply to you. Seems odd.

Dandandanman

This goes to show the value in posting lots of close up, in focus photos. That way there can be no dispute

Just seen your photos. The marks on the clasp are unavoidable, the one on the lug is the only one that might possibly annoy me, and I’d need to see it in real life to be certain. Just my view though, I wear my watches and don’t baby them. YMMV
    Some great points, before I released the funds I checked his history and previous sales posts he’s uses a macro lense to highlight minor damage before (image below) So I took his word on the sales post as I would have thought he’d do the same with this watch.

Absolutely no chance that's mint. If it wasn't for the avoidance I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

Shame you're being messed around here as you're a great buyer.

What app is that for the pics?

I’m not sure how this could be described as near mint to be honest.

Yes some scratches are unavoidable if a watch is worn frequently and not babied - but then I would no longer describe that watch as near mint.

Hope this gets resolved for you.

I think what the seller meant is the tumble dryer that Tudor was put through was mint. The watch itself is not anything like mint.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Absolutely no chance that's mint. If it wasn't for the avoidance I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

Shame you're being messed around here as you're a great buyer.

What app is that for the pics?
    Thanks pal, if you own an iPhone it’s on there. I will PM you the process.

Thanks pal, if you own an iPhone it’s on there. I will PM you the process.

Ah, no iPhone but I think I'll cave and go back before Xmas. Thank you.

I’m very sorry to say that you have been taken Wes. You have paid money for a not as described watch. I hope the seller comes back to you and does the right thing, but I think that is looking unlikely.

I would be gutted, and I’m sure you are too

Dave

No not mint,I could overlook the marks on the bracelet but the mark on the lug ,once you’ve seen it ,it can’t be ignored.

Master
    Totally unacceptable from the seller. That is nowhere near mint. To then refuse to engage and resolve the problem (ie a full refund), that is villainous behaviour!

Master
    Have to agree with the previous comments in that the swirlies on the clasp are ok but that gouge out of the lug is major damage.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Those marks probably wouldn’t put me off buying a watch either but that’s beside the point. I would never accept that if it was sold as near mint. Even VGC would be pushing it in my opinion.

Dandandanman

Just very poor form if you ask me. Both the description and communication pathetic. Sure he will have an excuse but what I don’t understand is posting a watch, not checking everything is ok with the buyer after. Clearly he has been on the forum in the meantime.

Hope you sort it. He’s going on my list.
    Last edited by Gavbaz; 7th October 2021 at 18:43.

Mint, my ar$e. Good luck to him on his next sales post.

Quote Originally Posted by colin t View Post

It didn’t arrive :/

Craftsman
    Not the condition that should be expected for a 4 month old watch.

Not sure why the seller won’t man up and sort it.

Just for transparency Daniel has now responded via PM so I will hopefully have this resolved soon.

Grand Master
    I’m not going to comment on the seller, I’m more interested in the marks and scratches etc. and a way forward .

This is an easy job to refinish. The damage to the lug is on the top, not the edge. When a watch gets a gouge like this the metal ploughs up above the surface and makes it look deeper than it really is, with the right technique this can be refinished with an absolute minimal removal if metal and (mist important) the edges haven’t been damaged. The bezel needs to come off to do it properly and all 4 lugs need refinishing to guarantee a consistent appearance. The marks on the side will polish out easily and the bracelet is easy to sort out.

Not a job I’d be remotely interested in but I can recommend William Rice at Beverley who was a Rolex accredited repairer, he’s refinished lots of Oyster cases over the years and his work is first class. I’m sure he could get the watch looking 100% mint for a very reasonable price, the caseback doesn’t need removing so there would be no warranty conflicts.

Seller and buyer could reach agreement regarding who pays and how much, buyer ends up with a mint watch and seller keeps his money minus whatever is agreed between them.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    I’m not going to comment on the seller, I’m more interested in the marks and scratches etc. and a way forward .

This is an easy job to refinish. The damage to the lug is on the top, not the edge. When a watch gets a gouge like this the metal ploughs up above the surface and makes it look deeper than it really is, with the right technique this can be refinished with an absolute minimal removal if metal and (mist important) the edges haven’t been damaged. The bezel needs to come off to do it properly and all 4 lugs need refinishing to guarantee a consistent appearance. The marks on the side will polish out easily and the bracelet is easy to sort out.

Not a job I’d be remotely interested in but I can recommend William Rice at Beverley who was a Rolex accredited repairer, he’s refinished lots of Oyster cases over the years and his work is first class. I’m sure he could get the watch looking 100% mint for a very reasonable price, the caseback doesn’t need removing so there would be no warranty conflicts.

Seller and buyer could reach agreement regarding who pays and how much, buyer ends up with a mint watch and seller keeps his money minus whatever is agreed between them.
    Sure, but Kippax’s paid for a mint watch, not one that needs a polish.

Blog Entries
    Good luck on a positive resolution. Wes is a great guy and bought and sold with him a good few times over the years. Watch is anything but mint and for me the watch head marks should have been fully disclosed. The bracelet marks are normal wear and tear from a well used watch

I had a similar situation a good few ago with a very well known member on here when I bought his explorer. I sucked it up (stupidly) and paid for a light refurbishment.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Master
    I think the seller is very lucky that the OP (Kippax) seems very reasonable, polite and understanding in his posts. He’s paid for a near mint watch and hasn’t got that. Personally I’d want my money back, rather than going to the time and hassle of getting it sorted, even if the seller agrees to pay for it. Hopefully the seller sorts it out, which sounds like he is doing.

Again just to be transparent unfortunately we cannot agree on the next action.

Daniel firstly said, he cannot pay me back the money as he’s spent it already on the house. He did say that I’d have to wait till the end of the month before he could get the funds.

I told him I would like the full refund back now or I will keep the watch but in the current condition I would like £270 as I feel the value is £2000 for the condition

He then came back to say he’s happy to give me £170 but not £270

I told him that I won’t accept that.

He then came back and said he will take the watch back but will only pay me at the end of the month, and advised me that Jura watches can take up to six weeks to get a full refund?

I asked what was the Jura Watches analogy about?

I then told him I would like payment in full and I’m not prepared to wait till the end of the month or he transferred me the £270

He then came back to say Once I return the watch he will give me a full refund. As an when he has the funds like a store would do. They are now T&C on SC.

The guy is being total irresponsible and I have no option now just to take it on the chin. The just giving me no option just to keep the watch and re-list myself at a reduced rate.

I have wiped my hands with this now. It’s just a shame that there are people like this on here.

Daniel firstly said, he cannot pay me back the money as he’s spent it already on the house. He did say that I’d have to wait till the end of the month before he could get the funds.

I told him I would like the full refund back now or I will keep the watch but in the current condition I would like £270 as I feel the value is £2000 for the condition

He then came back and said he will take the watch back but will only pay me at the end of the month, and advised me that Jura watches can take up to six weeks to get a full refund?

I then told him I would like payment in full and I’m not prepared to wait till the end of the month or he transferred me the £270

He then came back to say Once I return the watch he will give me a full refund. As an when he has the funds like a store would do. They are now T&C on SC.

The guy is being total irresponsible and I have no option now just to take it on the chin. The just giving me no option just to keep the watch and re-list myself at a reduced rate.

I have wiped my hands with this now. It’s just a shame that there are people like this on here.

Blimey. That's appalling.

Dandandanman

Spirit of the forum alive and kicking I see! Now you have your reason for no communication and no checking if the watch had landed ok, he had spent the money!
    As for the no T&Cs comment. Good luck with your future on the forum. Absolute Villain.

Dandandanconman

Sent from my SM-G998B using TZ-UK mobile app

Master

Another name onto my list of people to never deal with.

Sorry to hear of the position you find yourself in. Shameful sad behaviour.

Blog Entries
    That’s unfortunate this cannot be resolved. Maybe he will refund in full at end of month if that’s what you want. Try Bill Rice for refinishing - should be able to sort it.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Wow.

Who would tarnish their credibility over (essentially) £100…

Wes, you’ve been very reasonable and I applaud you for trying to sort this. You have the patience of a Saint.

A brand new BB58 can be had from an authorised dealer for around £2.5k with some negotiation. From the sound of it Wes has been very reasonable in offering to keep the watch at the reduced price.

Very disappointing from the seller, is it worth sullying your reputation over a £100 or so?

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Time for a full-on villain post.

Hopefully that will scupper the chances of this character ever doing a deal on TZ again.