closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dandandanman

Master
    Blog Entries
    If he’s profiteering as an EJ employee, I would ask him to politely make this work somehow. If they monitor TZ it could threaten his career which no one wants...

Yes it’s definitely gone now.

I have sent him this message this morning

I am going to draw a line with this now and conclude our communication on the watch.

I will not take this any further nor shall I ask you for any money or have any interest in returning the watch.

I will take the loss and watch on the chin and move on.

I wish you well for the future Daniel.

All I ask is that you maybe can learn from this whole situation and maybe have a think on how this could have been handled better.

Regards

Wes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    If he’s profiteering as an EJ employee, I would ask him to politely make this work somehow. If they monitor TZ it could threaten his career which no one wants...
    I don't think he's been confirmed as an EJ employee only that he took advantage of the Friends and Family discount? I think if he worked there, he would be less inclined to shout about the discount.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    Hi Dave.

Again I take on board your comments however he won’t release funds until I send him the watch. I really can’t allow myself after how he’s conducted himself so far to send him a watch without payment.

To be fair, very recently I got something from SC I was not 100% happy with.
    The seller asked me to send it back for a refund and at that point he released the funds.
    At no point did I think he should release the funds before having back the watch

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by uktotty View Post
    THIS is it, works in retail, earns £20k, gets a 40% discount on a watch every 3 months, spends the cash on the credit card, makes a profit, pays off the CC.
    This is the reason why he can't offer a full refund days after the transaction, as he has paid off the CC with the funds from the buyer!
    Great detective work Demon!
    Again, some caution. I’m only assuming in my statement. It might be plausible or even likely but it’s absolutely not confirmed. Only Daniel knows why he can’t refund the watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post
    To be fair, very recently I got something from SC I was not 100% happy with.
    The seller asked me to send it back for a refund and at that point he released the funds.
    At no point did I think he should release the funds before having back the watch

The seller does not have the funds to refund Wes though because he has already spent the money.

Sent from my SM-G998B using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Always shocked to read how quickly some people throw their reputation away & saddens me on the population here, even if the minority.

Wes you have handled this impeccably, hats off to you.

Surely would work at the EJ in Reading given he is in Berkshire. That would be awkward.

Is this the first person to not join a thread to defend themselves? Utter tool - hoping Raffe is on track to watch for a new username & return to the fold.

Again, is this detective work or are you just jumping to conclusion he is an EJ employee? All that I saw was that he bought the watch using the friends and family employee discount, much like Ryan used to do when he knew an EJ employee.

We seem to have now concluded he is a sales assistant at EJ in Reading who bought the Tudor on his credit card, sold it to pay off the credit card and now can’t afford to pay the OP back because the funds were swallowed up paying back the credit. I mean, it’s a possibility, but only one of many possibilities.
    Last edited by Christian; 8th October 2021 at 13:29.

Master
    Correct, Christian

We simply don’t know. Daniel could clear it up though, and I hope he does

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Daniel could clear it up though, and I hope he does
    And I can see Daniel waving goodbye
    Oh it looks like Daniel, must be the clouds in my eyes

Anyone else feeling this discussion would be better left to the H&V thread instead of the main public arena?

Yes it’s definitely gone now.

I have sent him this message this morning

I am going to draw a line with this now and conclude our communication on the watch.

I will not take this any further nor shall I ask you for any money or have any interest in returning the watch.

I will take the loss and watch on the chin and move on.

I wish you well for the future Daniel.

All I ask is that you maybe can learn from this whole situation and maybe have a think on how this could have been handled better.

Regards

Wes

Very Gentlemanly outlook Wes.

Get the watch polished properly and you may yet come to love it.

You have come out of this with your head held high - the other bloke is finished on here now.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Journeyman
    I commend you for your attitude on this Wes- I find this story extremely frustrating to read. People make mistakes and it’s how you deal with them that matters so let’s hope either the seller learns from it and puts things right or, worst case, never reappears on the forum.

Dandandanman

Correct, Christian

We simply don’t know. Daniel could clear it up though, and I hope he does
    Does it matter to the story here (employee or F&F)?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Does it matter to the story here (employee or F&F)?
    The detail in itself doesn't change a thing. It's just that you could see people turning conjecture into fact and suggestions OP should turn up at EJ in Reading, despite Dans previous post history saying "Only commenting as the member of staff has left the company". We were heading into fantasy land in the thread for no reason.

Well done OP for acting in a gentlemanly manner through this.
    Shame the same cannot be said for the seller.

Suspect the seller may be asked by a random stranger on a train station if they fancy a game of Ddakji

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Well done OP for acting in a gentlemanly manner through this.
    Shame the same cannot be said for the seller.
    Agree - I’d like to think I’d have done the same - but I doubt it. Poor show from the seller.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Suspect the seller may be asked by a random stranger on a train station if they fancy a game of Ddakji
    heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Anyone else feeling this discussion would be better left to the H&V thread instead of the main public arena?
    Not me, I'm glad it's here, I wouldn't have seen it in H&V and it's an eye opener. I've never been ripped off on here but it's a timely reminder that you still need to be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Linocut View Post
    Not me, I'm glad it's here, I wouldn't have seen it in H&V and it's an eye opener. I've never been ripped off on here but it's a timely reminder that you still need to be careful.
    I agree, the prefect place for this to be seen by the wider audience

Absolutely agree, given the stone walling that Wes was experiencing I'm not sure what else he could of done and if I was in the same situation I would do the exactly the same.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Linocut View Post
    Then when buying something you need to do a search in H&V. Watch Talk has never been the place for public floggings, it's getting that way with this thread.

Somehow I think DanthefeckingDanfcukwitman has sold his last watch on this very forum.

Why not phone a friend for a quick loan and pay back the buyer?

Well done to the buyer for such a mature outlook. I certainly could not manage it.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by prexelor View Post

Well done to the buyer for such a mature outlook. I certainly could not manage it.
    I guess the sad truth which is alien to most of us is he doesn’t care. Hence no comment back and off he rides into the sunset like the cowboy he is.

Well done OP, just know karma is real and he will get his.

Quote Originally Posted by prexelor View Post
    I'm not sure thats actually feasible for everyone, probably even moreso for someone who hasn't got the funds themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    Hence no comment back and off he rides into the sunset like the cowboy he is.
    Probably more like no comment, retire that username and use the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    I'm not sure thats actually feasible for everyone, probably even moreso for someone who hasn't got the friends themselves.
    FTFY.

I'd caution this -- if he works in EJ as suspected, he could be buying watches on credit cards to avail of discounts and pocketing the difference when selling on

Never assume someone with expensive trinkets can actually afford them
    I second this !

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Shame to read this as I have dealt with Dan in the past and found him to be very trustworthy and straightforward. I would not believe that this one is as clear cut as some believe it to be and it is becoming a little like another Forum witch-hunt. Honestly, we will never know what has been going on with either side and all the speculation is just gossiping in my opinion and a bit childish.

Clearly communication hasn’t been stellar and there is certainly an issue to be resolved. Better and quicker communication would have no doubt solved most of the issues such as the differing expectations of a description of near mint and then agreeing a solution. Personally, I would have certainly expected some minor marks and scruffs on a second hand watch. Someone else may not! Hard to really comment without many photos.

However, as well as better communication some understanding and patience would
    have helped. This is not a purchase from a retail store but from a fellow forum member of good standing before this episode and was a wait of a couple of weeks for a refund that much of a hardship? The buyer now seems to have rejected all the current offers to resolve and now cuts off their nose to spite their face to now set themselves up as a bit of a martyr…why would you do that when there was still an opportunity to resolve?

I am sure many of you will disagree but as I have said, I have dealt personally with Dan and I struggle to see as the devil incarnate that he is being painted here.

Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    Shame to read this as I have dealt with Dan in the past and found him to be very trustworthy and straightforward. I would not believe that this one is as clear cut as some believe it to be and it is becoming a little like another Forum witch-hunt. Honestly, we will never know what has been going on with either side and all the speculation is just gossiping in my opinion and a bit childish.

Clearly communication hasn’t been stellar and there is certainly an issue to be resolved. Better and quicker communication would have no doubt solved most of the issues such as the differing expectations of a description of near mint and then agreeing a solution. Personally, I would have certainly expected some minor marks and scruffs on a second hand watch. Someone else may not! Hard to really comment without many photos.

have helped. This is not a purchase from a retail store but from a fellow forum member of good standing before this episode and was a wait of a couple of weeks for a refund that much of a hardship? The buyer now seems to have rejected all the current offers to resolve and now cuts off their nose to spite their face to now set themselves up as a bit of a martyr…why would you do that when there was still an opportunity to resolve?

I am sure many of you will disagree but as I have said, I have dealt personally with Dan and I struggle to see as the devil incarnate that he is being painted here.
    Not all second hand watches have “minor marks and scruffs” especially those described “as near mint”.

The seller could have given his side of the story but chose not to.

It may be that some comments went too far and there has been too much speculation imo, however I don’t see how you can flip this on its head and somehow discredit the OP for being impatient or setting himself up as martyr.

Maybe you’re trying to give some balance to this situation, I can understand that. Not sure pointing the finger at the OP is reasonable though.

Dandandanman

Hello Paw3001

I take on board all of your points, you are correct the communications have been very poor from Daniel, and a near mint watch that was advertised clearly was not.

I see you met up with Daniel on your sale and could communicate face to face and maybe you or he inspected the watch before you took it home, unfortunately I didn’t have that privilege so had to wait for it to arrive. If he came back to me straight away and said Wes I’m so sorry can we work something out then non of you would have known about it. He failed to communicate to me even though he was online PM other people (I have time stamped screen shots). I don’t doubt for one second that he’s a bad lad. He’s had an opportunity to state his case but has decided not to, I would love to see it from his side, however from me I feel I have done everything I can. Daniel has said, which I won’t go into he’s got personal issues going on so that’s the reason he’s not come back to me.

I may have took your view if I had met up with him in the past for a brew and allowed him to pay me at the end of the month, but I don’t know him like you do so I don’t have the same confidence. I don’t believe you would to if you have never dealt with someone and has very little feedback on H&V.

Daniel also stated he doesn’t have the money to pay me until the end of the month. I didn’t have the confidence that would have then also.

I have been honest with all information that I have disclosed and have not hidden anything away from TZ.

I am not a difficult person I would of loved to have dealt with this behind closed doors.

Anyway I wanted to come back to you with my points.

Wes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkk no
    Last edited by Kippax; 9th October 2021 at 19:43.

Seems to me that Wes has handled all of this with admirable grace and dignity. Whereas, even if one is being charitable, the seller's actions seem entirely questionable.

Paw, not a witch hunt in the slightest imo - actions speak louder than words, and Danconman has failed on both counts - but you're entitled to your opinion.

Don’t get me wrong I don’t think Daniel has covered himself in glory here and deserves to be called out but it is clear also there is a lot going on in the background that none of us know about. Before this he had a good reputation with numerous hero posts so not sure why sudden they would become super villains deserving to hung, drawn and quartered. People can muck up, make a mistake but this doesn’t seem to me as someone trying to rip off another member.

What you basically have here is this:

A) a disputed opinion about the condition of a watch
    B) Slow responses from the seller but they did respond
    C) Offers to resolve the situation were given but not acceptable to buyer (which is their right) such as total refund or cost to repair
    D) Seller asks for some time to refund but buyer refuses as not confident (because of slow responses?)
    E)Buyer rejects all options and will no longer engage and magnanimously accepts watch as is!

That’s how I read it.

Maybe I am more forgiving having met Daniel but I still find this thread a bit ridiculous with lots of people rushing in to judge a situation where they only have one side and limited information. Especially some people who should know better as they haven’t covered themselves in glory in the past either!

Seek to understand first before passing judgement is a good rule, especially online.

@Dan - I think you would be well served with a very public apology and accepting that you haven’t done yourself any favours!

Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post
    funds
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
    funds
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    funds
    funds
    Quote Originally Posted by uktotty View Post
    funds

U wot m8?
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    U wot m8?
    They’re perfectly correct in that usage.

Last edited by JGJG; 9th October 2021 at 23:14. Reason: Additional image

U wot m8?
    are you English?
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

U wot m8?
    Are you even English mate?

Dandandanman

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    are you English?
    Lol beaten by 5 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    Yeah, just like assets, resources or capital.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Yeah, just like assets, resources or capital.
    “Fundus” ;)

“Fundus” ;)
    That's how Kiwis pronounce a well known manufacturer of crispy pancakes
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Dandandanman

It is clear that the seller was dishonest in their description of a watch that wasn’t that old, and really should not have been in the condition it was in.

Wes has been left having paid for a recent watch in reasonable condition watch that was anything but.

The seller walked away when they should have been prepared to reverse the deal

I don’t see that there is any other interpretation

D

Before this he had a good reputation with numerous hero posts so not sure why sudden they would become super villains deserving to hung, drawn and quartered.
    I may be wrong as I don’t know how intimate you are with Dan but I think you meant hanged…

'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    It is clear that the seller was dishonest in their description of a watch that wasn’t that old, and really should not have been in the condition it was in.

Yes the watch was misdescribed. Was it dishonest? I don’t know. We would need to know the ultimate intention of Dan. Was it naive, misjudged or bad…yes

Wes has been left having paid for a recent watch in reasonable condition watch that was anything but.

Only because he has decided to not accept a full refund. It was his choice not to take it and walk away. I agree that Dan should refund straight away without conditions but clearly there is now no trust between Seller and Buyer…this thread hasn’t helped either!

The seller walked away when they should have been prepared to reverse the deal

But how is offering a full refund or a partial refund walking away?

I don’t see that there is any other interpretation

I can’t see how anyone can interpret that as walking away?

D

See it is quite easy for other people to have differing interpretations to yours!

Before this he had a good reputation with numerous hero posts so not sure why sudden they would become super villains deserving to hung, drawn and quartered. People can muck up, make a mistake but this doesn’t seem to me as someone trying to rip off another member.
    "You can build 500 bridges and no one calls you a 'bridge builder' but if one time you just suck one c..."

Might be correct but why do I only hear such usage on here?

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    "You can build 500 bridges and no one calls you a 'bridge builder' but if one time you just suck one c..."