closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A good video

Master

A good video

There is still a lot of discussion about Rolex / Pateks availability and price and this is probably one of the best videos on the subject.

It is nearly 20 minutes long and the first 10 minutes are tutorial and the final 10 are summation and predication. For what it is worth, I think the man has got it right. These two companies depend on brand image and exclusivity will become more important but they need to tread more carefully as time rolls by.

I hope you enjoy it, I certainly did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLB27j4vZnU

Good to see you back, Mick. I hope all's well with you both. I'l watch that later, thanks.

Master
    Very clear and enlightening

Have you found the plot again?
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Craftsman
    I got a Patek on interest free credit back in the day , it was a toss up between that and a Muller . I went with brand rather then the beauty ..

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I have made up for it since ….

Craftsman
    It’s a good video … thanks ..

Cheers thanks for the link.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitz View Post
    I got a Patek on interest free credit back in the day , it was a toss up between that and a Muller . I went with brand rather then the beauty ..

I have been seriously toying with the idea of treating myself to a Patek and I am looking at the Gondolo oval shaped range. Beautiful watches with a bit of history.

However Rolex are the most practical. I was skimming some leaves out of the pool a couple of weeks ago and I leant over too far and fell in fully clothed wearing a watch. As it was a Sub there was no need for concern but had it been a Patek I would have been worried. A lot of them are hardly waterproof and hence unfit for normal daily wear. Even the Rolex haters have to concede that they are bombproof.

Mick if you do get a Gondolo come to London and I'll take you and Mrs Mick P out to a nice dinner if you put it through in my name at the AD. Very important to help the next generation ;)

Master
    A clear and intelligent analysis, if not exactly news. However, I’ve always suspected Veblen was a rather bitter and twisted character, in thinking that the only motive anyone had for buying luxuries was to show off. Of course, this is not the case, it is possible to buy a sports car because you enjoy driving it, and not just in circles around Harrods. Rich people buy luxuries because they are the best products of their kind, and they can. It’s true that the ‘showing off’ aspect may also be a factor. But to want something only to show it off would be a little sad, like eating caviar without actually liking the taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    ..... but had it been a Patek I would have been worried. A lot of them are hardly waterproof and hence unfit for normal daily wear. Even the Rolex haters have to concede that they are bombproof.
    That's how Rolex has grabbed the high rollers, the PP, RM, and FPJ owners who wore a Rolex for the tough jobs and end up taking them off less and less.

Good Video thanks for sharing
    Hope you’re keeping well.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app