closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Northern watchmaker recommendations

Craftsman

Northern watchmaker recommendations

Evening all! I have an ETA based breitling that’s in need of some TLC! The timegrapher suggests it’s over a minute and a half out per day and I’ve noticed the power reserve is performing questionably too. It’s a 2013 watch and I’ve owned it for a few years mostly without any issue, so I’m fairly sure there’s nothing too sinister going on inside. It hasn’t been swimming etc.

I’m reluctant to send it back to the manufacturer as I think a standard service on a 3 hand watch is somewhere around £400 before I’ve been sold a new crystal etc as they do! The watch must only be worth little over double that.

Would any of you recommend a northern based watchmaker. I’m Sheffield based so the closer the better really.

Cheers

Master
    Probably further from you than ideal but I can wholeheartedly recommend Sean Yates at https://watchrepair.expert/

He’s done 3 for me so far and his work is excellent. Think he has a lot of work on at the moment but definitely worth making contact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if he’s taking work at the moment but my immediate recommendation would be Paul Walker who is a member here as walkerwek1958. He’s replaced a broken mainspring for me in the past and also done a fantastic job of refurbishing two elderly watches. I’m always happy to recommend him and he’s based in Yorkshire.

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    Not sure if he’s taking work at the moment but my immediate recommendation would be Paul Walker who is a member here as walkerwek1958. He’s replaced a broken mainspring for me in the past and also done a fantastic job of refurbishing two elderly watches. I’m always happy to recommend him and he’s based in Yorkshire.

Simon
    I’ll second this, he’s done a couple for me and I’ll happily send him more.

Craftsman
    Thanks! Plenty to work with here… I’ll likely reach out to Paul at some point this week

Journeyman
    William Rice in Hull.

Craftsman
    Ian Walsh watchmaking, based in Darwen.
    Performed a service on my vintage Rolex 1501, happy with both the price and work done.